• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I'm out - the cancellations thread

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Early on I was so excited and couldn't wait. Finally at a point in my life where I could buy a $100k car, and even more perfect that it was going to be a Lotus. I used to have wallpapers and screensavers of the early Elise, then fell in love with the 400. Once I heard about the Emira I put money down. I was in Portugal back in June and took time out of my vacation to tour the body manufacturing plant. Then in October while in Mainland China I took a detour for a couple hours to the dealer in Shenzhen so I could see an Emira up close.

However I am officially out as of yesterday. Here is why:
-My i4 order was pushed out AGAIN, and as many know it is now Q1 or Q2 2025. I wanted a 'fun' car a year ago, not waiting another 14-18 months.
-I was in China a month ago and they had I4s on the showroom floor. Says something about Geely that they will have I4s sitting on the showroom floor in China, but make the USA wait another year. Something stinky here.
-If they can't figure out how to get a date right for delivery, what the heck will happen when I OWN the car and something breaks?
-There is no Lotus dealer near me, and their inability to figure out a delivery schedule gives me zero confidence that I would be able to get any support when the nearest dealer is 6 hours away.

I am sad as I don't like Porsche, and cars like the C8 are just too big. Maybe I'll just pick up an old NSX or MR2. Or, based on what I am reading, if I still want one in 1 1/2 years it sounds like the i4s will be readily available.

Thank you everyone on this forum for the insight, photos, and conversation, it has been a pleasure. Eric Crawford from Boise ID - Out.
Welcome to the club. I shot down my i4 commit back in August when the dealer tried the hard sell on me to finalize my build in the next 2-3 days. For every reason you list, plus workmanship and QC issues along with questionable design in some areas. I couldn’t imagine if I had committed then and was told another 18 months to wait. I think Lotus would probably have had one less ”dealership”.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So I am not fully 100% "out" ,but for just now I am. I officially cancelled my order last year after the pricing was revealed, but have stayed "in" since I still desire the EMIRA , test drove it and so loved the test drive and still have interest. I decided that I would try to snag an EMIRA on the used market, one with low miles from an owner who's finances have changed or life situation has changed. But I have come to realize that I will be waiting even longer. So in truth I am still "in" but only on the sidelines for the next few years waiting and still looking to pick up a Used "deal" Preowned EMIRA . I cannot justify paying 100k USD for a car that in my mind is worth $75k USD max,

But in the meanwhile, I just bought a used McLaren 570s with only 1800 miles. The price was so good I had to buy it !!. I plan to keep this McLaren and then ADD an Emira to my stable when I find one at the right (used/discounted) price.

I still want an EMIRA, but YOLO, so I bought this minty near new McLaren to help pass the time.
Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 9.46.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 9.46.36 PM.png

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
So I am not fully 100% "out" ,but for just now I am. I officially cancelled my order last year after the pricing was revealed, but have stayed "in" since I still desire the EMIRA , test drove it and so loved the test drive and still have interest. I decided that I would try to snag an EMIRA on the used market, one with low miles from an owner who's finances have changed or life situation has changed. But I have come to realize that I will be waiting even longer. So in truth I am still "in" but only on the sidelines for the next few years waiting and still looking to pick up a Used "deal" Preowned EMIRA . I cannot justify paying 100k USD for a car that in my mind is worth $75k USD max,

But in the meanwhile, I just bought a used McLaren 570s with only 1800 miles. The price was so good I had to buy it !!. I plan to keep this McLaren and then ADD an Emira to my stable when I find one at the right (used/discounted) price.

I still want an EMIRA, but YOLO, so I bought this minty near new McLaren to help pass the time.
View attachment 35988
View attachment 35987
Lovely combination on the McLaren. You will get that Emira! Keep us posted and don't sell that Viper.

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 35988
View attachment 35987
What is that car behind the McLaren?

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
What is that car behind the McLaren?
McLaren Speedtail. This dealer also had two LaFerrari's in their showroom and three new Bugatti's on display along with about 50 Ferrari's and 15 new Rolls, 30-40 Bentley's.

Miller Motorcars in Greenwich CT, authorized dealer for McLaren, Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Pagani, Maserati, Alfa, Pinafarina's new electric speedster and BAC and a few other brands.

I was in showroom heaven.

Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 10.07.25 PM.png

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
McLaren Speedtail. This dealer also had two LaFerrari's in their showroom and three new Bugatti's on display along with about 50 Ferrari's and 15 new Rolls, 30-40 Bentley's.

Miller Motorcars in Greenwich CT, authorized dealer for McLaren, Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Pagani, Maserati, Alfa, Pinafarina's new electric speedster and BAC and a few other brands.

View attachment 35991
I know I'll get crucified for it... but I think my hot take is that isn't a good looking Ferrari. Might just be me though. Tastes vary.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 35991

Whoa! I had to go to Modena to see one of them!!

Congrats on the 570! 🎉

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have to say that I drove the McLaren and I enjoyed it and obviously really like the car, but I still have EMIRA on my mind.

I say that because factually speaking.....I had much more engaging fun experience driving the manual EMIRA on the test drive than this McLaren.

Lotus needs to get more people to test drive the EMIRA and they will buy them. By far the best driving car I have driven is the EMIRA. So visceral, so old school. Test driving the EMIRA felt like what is was like in the 1970's when I was 16-17yrs old and when cars were visceral and you were so attached to the mechanics of the engine and driveline and the analog feeling. You just "feel" everything in the EMIRA, and even this McLaren 570 feels numb and detached as compared to the EMIRA. The EMIRA felt like the old BMW 2002's and the old Alfa's 1970's GTV2000.

That is why the EMIRA is still on my want list and I will get one eventually.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Whoa! I had to go to Modena to see one of them!!

Congrats on the 570! 🎉

Thanks, and yah I was so pleasantly surprised not only to see one La Ferrari, but they had two La Ferrari ....and they were NOT roped off. You are free to touch the La Ferrari on display. OMG they had several SF90's also.

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I have to say that I drove the McLaren and I enjoyed it and obviously really like the car, but I still have EMIRA on my mind.

I say that because factually speaking.....I had much more engaging fun experience driving the manual EMIRA on the test drive than this McLaren.

Lotus needs to get more people to test drive the EMIRA and they will buy them. By far the best driving car I have driven is the EMIRA. So visceral, so old school. Test driving the EMIRA felt like what is was like in the 1970's when I was 16-17yrs old and when cars were visceral and you were so attached to the mechanics of the engine and driveline and the analog feeling. You just "feel" everything in the EMIRA, and even this McLaren 570 feels numb and detached as compared to the EMIRA. The EMIRA felt like the old BMW 2002's and the old Alfa's 1970's GTV2000.

That is why the EMIRA is still on my want list and I will get one eventually.
Very surprising to hear your comparisons. This is the same reason that the s2000 is one of my favorite cars to drive. It’s not about numbers and lap times but connection and feel. Old e30 gave me the same connected feelings. If the emira gets close to this it should be very good indeed. I’ve only sat in one and haven’t test driven yet.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Very surprising to hear your comparisons. This is the same reason that the s2000 is one of my favorite cars to drive. It’s not about numbers and lap times but connection and feel. Old e30 gave me the same connected feelings. If the emira gets close to this it should be very good indeed. I’ve only sat in one and haven’t test driven yet.
Yup, the S2000 is great, but the older cars from the 1970's are even more visceral.
This whole evolution to eliminate "Noise, vibration, Harshness, or (NVH)" started really in the 1990's with the goal of all the manufacturers to spend R&D to make cars smoother or more pleasant for the masses.

The EMIRA I test drove made me feel like it was 1974 again.... but with all the safety equipment and modern convinces.

I never drove an Alfa C4 but I bet that sure drives well also.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yup, the S2000 is great, but the older cars from the 1970's are even more visceral.
This whole evolution to eliminate "Noise, vibration, Harshness, or (NVH)" started really in the 1990's with the goal of all the manufacturers to spend R&D to make cars smoother or more pleasant for the masses.

The EMIRA I test drove made me feel like it was 1974 again.... but with all the safety equipment and modern convinces.

I never drove an Alfa C4 but I bet that sure drives well also.
I’ve had a deposit in on an Emira since July of ‘21 but I, too, got into a McLaren this past August after being a bit fed up with the way Lotus handled this whole launch.

I bought a GT and have to admit I’m pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and capable the car is. I did manage to get an actual order in on an auto V6 a month or two after purchasing the McLaren and my dealer now tells me he expects my FE2.0 to be delivered “sometime this summer “….. after numerous disappointments I’m not holding my breath.

Good luck with the car, I’m loving mine just wishing that this NY winter ends soon so I can actually put some more miles on it.

Last edited:

underhill

Reaction score
Cancelled a month ago, still waiting on getting my deposit back. Taking absolutely forever. Jumped on a PDK Gt4 instead. Want to drive the Emira but I had an I4 on order with the intention of tuning and making into a track car. 2025 is just WAY too long to wait especially after the massive price increase and reports of the DCT being mid.

Attachments

• tempImageiBkuxB.png
    tempImageiBkuxB.png
    993.7 KB · Views: 59

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Cancelled a month ago, still waiting on getting my deposit back. Taking absolutely forever. Jumped on a PDK Gt4 instead. Want to drive the Emira but I had an I4 on order with the intention of tuning and making into a track car. 2025 is just WAY too long to wait especially after the massive price increase and reports of the DCT being mid.
Welcome to the club! What year and why not manual out of curiousity?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
S2000 is the closest thing to the Emira I have driven.

underhill

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! What year and why not manual out of curiousity?
Couldn't get one haha. I ordered in March 2022.
As for the PDK, I love PDK and my girl can drive it. I usually drive in manual only using the gear selector to shift so It makes it still feel engaging event though I don't have the extra paddle. switching to the GT4RS selector because of this.
It's also extremely funny seeing so many potential Lotus customers turn around and buy more expensive exotic cars after the dissatifaction with Lotus.

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice what year and how much as these are still way over MSRP!

EyeFour Eemeerah!

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Nice what year and how much as these are still way over MSRP!
They’ve actually retreated a bit. Overall they’re up in value I believe around 7 percent from last year. You can find some models, depending on what you’re looking for, which are selling under what you consider new MSRP. Incredible visceral experience and fit and finish!