• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

I'm out - the cancellations thread

underhill

Reaction score
Yeah, back in 2022 when they had the first test drives that was the exact car that I compared it to. A lower reving S2000 with more overall power and grip.
So like an S2k with out the high rev engine and substantially more grip and power... so... not really like an S2k... lol

AP1

Reaction score
Yeah, back in 2022 when they had the first test drives that was the exact car that I compared it to. A lower reving S2000 with more overall power and grip.

As a Honda fanatic and s2000 owner I agree the Emira will be a great drivers car. It has a unique connection with the driver that I can definitely compare to the s2000. I was a late 2021 deposit holder. I purchased a Evora GT to hold me over (instantly fell in love.) After test driving the Emira and taking out my GT in the same day I quickly realized the Evora was staying. I could list pros and cons for each car and could argue the Emira will/would be a better fit for most, but for me I get a special feeling when driving the GT. It has everything I need without a lot going on. Very similar to when I drive my s2000.

With that said I really think the Emira will be loved by its owners. I’m excited to see them on the road and in the canyons. I look forward to owning a later variant if they do release a GT or something along those lines.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So like an S2k with out the high rev engine and substantially more grip and power... so... not really like an S2k... lol
It's hard to explain, but if you drive it I think you'll see what I mean. It's a momentum car, not a torque car. It requires the driver to place confidence in themselves and the car. You have to stay in the power band, so a lot of technical shifting and footwork will be required. Reminded me a lot of hopping in an S2000 at autocross.

AP1

Reaction score

I heard a few car reviewers comparing or saying the Evora GT was similar to what Honda should have done for its later generation NSX. I kind of laughed it off but honestly I see what they mean. I’ve driven a NA1 and it’s pretty gutless still a ton of fun to drive. Similar to the s2000 hahaha.

underhill

Reaction score
It's hard to explain, but if you drive it I think you'll see what I mean. It's a momentum car, not a torque car. It requires the driver to place confidence in themselves and the car. You have to stay in the power band, so a lot of technical shifting and footwork will be required. Reminded me a lot of hopping in an S2000 at autocross.
Lol I was just busting your balls. My buddy has a track build S2k, tons of fun and I see where the comparison is.

underhill

Reaction score
I heard a few car reviewers comparing or saying the Evora GT was similar to what Honda should have done for its later generation NSX. I kind of laughed it off but honestly I see what they mean. I’ve driven a NA1 and it’s pretty gutless still a ton of fun to drive. Similar to the s2000 hahaha.
That would have been pretty awesome to be honest, had they gone that route instead of the current NSX...

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
when you are in the zone in the s2000 it’s very responsive to gas, brake, turn. It’s not whooshy power or put foot down and wait for the car to move (hate that), - it’s balanced and nimble. Enough paper to move the car and doesn’t feel slow at all. I’m glad the emira is supercharged and not turbocharged for the same reason.

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
when you are in the zone in the s2000 it’s very responsive to gas, brake, turn. It’s not whooshy power or put foot down and wait for the car to move (hate that), - it’s balanced and nimble. Enough paper to move the car and doesn’t feel slow at all. I’m glad the emira is supercharged and not turbocharged for the same reason.
The Honda S2000 has TWO great advantages over EMIRA,

1) 8000 redline, 2) Convertible.

Last edited:

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So I am not fully 100% "out" ,but for just now I am. I officially cancelled my order last year after the pricing was revealed, but have stayed "in" since I still desire the EMIRA , test drove it and so loved the test drive and still have interest. I decided that I would try to snag an EMIRA on the used market, one with low miles from an owner who's finances have changed or life situation has changed. But I have come to realize that I will be waiting even longer. So in truth I am still "in" but only on the sidelines for the next few years waiting and still looking to pick up a Used "deal" Preowned EMIRA . I cannot justify paying 100k USD for a car that in my mind is worth $75k USD max,

But in the meanwhile, I just bought a used McLaren 570s with only 1800 miles. The price was so good I had to buy it !!. I plan to keep this McLaren and then ADD an Emira to my stable when I find one at the right (used/discounted) price.

I still want an EMIRA, but YOLO, so I bought this minty near new McLaren to help pass the time.
View attachment 35988
View attachment 35987
Yea the 570 has been the plan B or plan A , can’t remember. Bit either the S or GT looks to be just what the Dr ordered

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
McLaren Speedtail. This dealer also had two LaFerrari's in their showroom and three new Bugatti's on display along with about 50 Ferrari's and 15 new Rolls, 30-40 Bentley's.

Miller Motorcars in Greenwich CT, authorized dealer for McLaren, Ferrari, Rolls, Bentley, Pagani, Maserati, Alfa, Pinafarina's new electric speedster and BAC and a few other brands.

I was in showroom heaven.

View attachment 35991
Miller had en Evora GT with the JPS livery and around 500 original miles. Price was OK for the area but I passed because I was super worried about how long it had sat without being moved, much less driven.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As a Honda fanatic and s2000 owner I agree the Emira will be a great drivers car. It has a unique connection with the driver that I can definitely compare to the s2000. I was a late 2021 deposit holder. I purchased a Evora GT to hold me over (instantly fell in love.) After test driving the Emira and taking out my GT in the same day I quickly realized the Evora was staying. I could list pros and cons for each car and could argue the Emira will/would be a better fit for most, but for me I get a special feeling when driving the GT. It has everything I need without a lot going on. Very similar to when I drive my s2000.

With that said I really think the Emira will be loved by its owners. I’m excited to see them on the road and in the canyons. I look forward to owning a later variant if they do release a GT or something along those lines.
As far as future variants, I feel the same. I’d like a slightly more powerful version but I’m afraid with the new lineup coupled with the available factory space that the Emira may go out of production to make room for the next generation instead of hanging on to add 30 more HP.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As far as future variants, I feel the same. I’d like a slightly more powerful version but I’m afraid with the new lineup coupled with the available factory space that the Emira may go out of production to make room for the next generation instead of hanging on to add 30 more HP.
Given all the emission “sensitivity” I think the only option to get more power will be aftermarket options like Komo-tec and Jubu…..

drjazzsk

Reaction score
It really does need some more low end torque to get going. I too am hoping for variants down the road. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It really does need some more low end torque to get going. I too am hoping for variants down the road. Hopefully sooner rather than later!
Depends on what you are using it for. If you are track day lapping, the torque doesn't matter as much, because once you are up to speed you just keep it in the right gear. If you want the torque because you want to just do launches with the car, then yeah, it's probably not the right car for the job.

drjazzsk

Reaction score
Depends on what you are using it for. If you are track day lapping, the torque doesn't matter as much, because once you are up to speed you just keep it in the right gear. If you want the torque because you want to just do launches with the car, then yeah, it's probably not the right car for the job.
Its more for off the line fun/acceleration. The seat of your pants feeling when you press on it. The top end seemed ok. I'm all for more hp as well, but for the time I had with it I found this part lacking a bit. Still a totally fun car no doubt. I'm not a track guy. Just DD fun!

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Given all the emission “sensitivity” I think the only option to get more power will be aftermarket options like Komo-tec and Jubu…..
Well, after the warranty period it’s no problem. The power train is already known to be good for well over 400; I just don’t want to wait and I’d think there would be a few extra goodies tacked on to a manufacturer model

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
100% some more power would be great but I can also see the views on driven right and it’s not so much of an issue. Look at the advanced trained Police officers keeping up with cars much more powerful on the road due to skill.
For me the Emira has the best looks. You can upgrade power, suspension, wheels, brakes etc., but you can’t make a different car look like an Emira . My RS3 was super fast but at the end of the day it was an A3 with better trim and drivetrain. Even though I think Emira look nicer than Evoras I still like them and I nearly bought one after a test drive 10 years ago. The biggest issue was the close pedal spacing and for some unknown reason the Emira pedals are spaced further apart on the RHD than the LHD. Spot on for my big feet. 😁

seriously

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m so surprised when people say the car could use more power. Of course this is kind of true on most cars. But when you look at the numbers it should feel plenty fast 400hp, 3200 lbs.

I wonder if it’s because everyone is used to turbo cars that generate near max torque at 1800 rpms (which is kind of amazing actually) or people are driving half throttle? OR people are expecting a significantly faster car, the kind where you can’t actually floor it regularly because the car really has too much power for the platform, tires always losing traction?

I’m not criticizing any one person because it’s come up in a few reviews as well.

End of the day, this seems more like the s2000 where if you don’t give it the beans it may not impress. Give it the beans and it’s a different story.