I'm out - the cancellations thread

Just thought I'd give an update for anyone else who may cancel from the UK.
I requested my deposit back on the 2nd Oct (By email), I then chased up a week later by phone because I had no reply, and the money was back in my account on the 16th, which I was happy about.
Good luck everyone, I'm sure I will have one someday, but for now, I'm enjoying the R8, which is awesome.
Snapchat-1536183914.jpg
Snapchat-450515249.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought I'd give an update on how long it took to get my deposit back, so that others are informed if they cancel.
I requested my deposit back on the 2nd Oct (By email), I then chased up a week later by phone because I had no reply and the money was back in my account on the 16th, which I was happy about.
Good luck everyone, I'm sure I will have one someday, but for now, I'm enjoying the R8, which is awesome.
View attachment 32494View attachment 32496
Beautiful car... enjoy.

Just thought I'd give an update for anyone else who may cancel from the UK.
I requested my deposit back on the 2nd Oct (By email), I then chased up a week later by phone because I had no reply, and the money was back in my account on the 16th, which I was happy about.
View attachment 32494View attachment 32496
I have a Forza brand exhaust valve controller for your car! I bought it for my R8, but never got it installed before selling. PM me if interested, it is usually one of the first mods people do.

Car is beautiful btw, LOVE that color!

I have a Forza brand exhaust valve controller for your car! I bought it for my R8, but never got it installed before selling. PM me if interested, it is usually one of the first mods people do.

Car is beautiful btw, LOVE that color!
You sold the R8? Are you back in the queue for an Emira?

Last edited:
I did. Have a 2020 GT350R currently, selling it 😄 Actually have a '24 M3 on order. I like to try lots of different cars. Life is short, and there are so many flavors!
Since you seem to get around experiencing different cars I have a question. Have you driven or considered a 2018 Porsche GT3? Due to the long wait I have found my eyes wandering to 2018 GT3.

Crypto. Nobody told you yet.

Nah nobody told me LOL. Or maybe nobody told you?

IMG_4262.jpeg

This past week I’ve gained enough to buy the *real* car of my dreams, the AMG GT63. I’ve been wanting one for years and the 2024 model is just stunning.

Attachments

• IMG_4265.png
    IMG_4265.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4266.jpeg
    IMG_4266.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 72
Since you seem to get around experiencing different cars I have a question. Have you driven or considered a 2018 Porsche GT3? Due to the long wait I have found my eyes wandering to 2018 GT3.
I have, but a few moments too late. Prices just started taking off, to the point that I couldn't justify any longer. GT3 has been a dream car to own since driving one in 2008!

I cancelled yesterday. The normal reasons delays, price increase, quality and poor reviews. I was a Feb 22 deposit against an I4. The final issue for me was the email received out of the blue in Sep 23 announcing Oct 23 build / Nov 23 delivery. Of course this has not happened and there is a point you reach where you have zero trust in the brand. Actually, I was relieved it didn't arrive as I was nervous about taking the car which is crazy as you should be so excited at that stage not apprehensive. Like many on here I've had numerous weekend cars and the Emira was a chance to enjoy a relatively inexpensive car ( compared to the high end marques I ran in the past ) providing all the thrills of driving. Lotus have ,month by month, sucked the pleasure out of this process so I've gone back to the marques I know and immediately the level of service and professionalism is at the level expected when spending a chunk of money on a car purely for recreation. Best wishes to all of you still in & I look forward to spotting more & more Emiras on the road which I'm sure will look stunning - for me though I feel a great sense of relief and self-respect now that the clowns at Lotus have stopped yanking the strings !

Sooo, I'm back in :rolleyes:

Canceled after the price hike and the extended delivery times as my Porsche 981's transmission blew and could not wait that long. Took delivery of a custom-built BMW Z4 M40i in beautiful frozen grey metallic with only 4 months of wait time after putting down my deposit. Great car and really enjoy top down in Texas fall. However, got a call from the Lotus dealer if I wanted back in, would be a base and at least an 18-month wait, and I decided to take the plunge again. This time not being in a rush, having a great toy and time to wait for years if needed.....

IMG_8310.JPG

IMG_8313.JPG
IMG_8312.JPG

There are very good cars posted by other brands... they are very nice to drive and make fun.
But you see them in every third street... that's the reason why I bought the Emira... most people even never have seen this car... it's technically maybe not as perfect as the Boxster (although with my Porsches I had trouble too in the past) , but Emira is unique and the look is better than any other sportscar... sorry... just my opinion...

Last edited:
I was (and still am) seriously considering the emira.. stunning car! but was concerned two years back that with all the supply chain issues that it keep getting delayed. I also had an allocation for a Porsche Spyder.. which was facing the same issues... but there were used options on the market. I got lucky, someone decided to not take their order when it arrived.. my sales guys called and asked if I wanted it.. CF buckets, PCCBs, and PTS color at MSRP.. which at the time was nearly impossible to get.. and still is for the GT cars. so I grabbed it.. it is the most fantastic car I have ever owned... LOVE it! I always check back to see where Emira deliveries stand... man, im glad it did what I did.. the spyder is also a head turner.. and the softtop is such a joy! I do hope and plan in a few years to grab a used Emira to add to my garage!.... such a great car.. I hope to someday see one in the flesh ;)

There are very good cars posted by other brands... they are very nice to drive and make fun.
But you see them in every third street... that's the reason why I bought the Emira... most people even never have seen this car... it's technically maybe not as perfect as the Boxster (although with my Porsches I had trouble too in the past) , but Emira is unique and the look is better than any other sportscar... sorry... just my opinion...
That's good for you, and I certainly, like many others, would not have purchased another car/brand, if we had been as blessed as you are in Germany, with actually being able to take delivery. Life is too short to sit and wait 3+ years for a car, might as well enjoy something else in the meantime ;)

One foot out. Just tired of the wait. Something that kept bugging me is the low rev limit. I hit the cutoff during my test drive. I remember being shocked that it came that quick. Granted I drove to the test drive in my R8 so I was used to the higher rev. Not totally out but I made a cash offer on car below. Pending PPI.

Attachments

• IMG_0658.jpeg
    IMG_0658.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 106
One foot out. Just tired of the wait. Something that kept bugging me is the low rev limit. I hit the cutoff during my test drive. I remember being shocked that it came that quick. Granted I drove to the test drive in my R8 so I was used to the higher rev. Not totally out but I made a cash offer on car below. Pending PPI.
Dream car

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back