I'm out - the cancellations thread

I think its just a point of interest to see % of people still in and % of people out and why. Post game interview is a great way of putting it. As it may help someone elses game.

I am not going to go into a diatribe about why I have cancelled, don't see the point, especially as I'm generally seen on here as being negative in my outlook.

But in summary I simply cannot get on with the seats, it doesn't feel like 400bhp to me and because of this and the focus on comfort, its lacking a bit of drama. Apart from that it really is an amazing car! And those coming from slower cars and for whom the seats work for them, will love it :)
Regardless of whether the Emira is an amazing car and an absolute bargain at the price, it still has to be the right car for each of us to spend £80k, particularly if intending to keep it long term.

Depending on what you're looking for the Exige seems a good bet, not quite as fast as a Nomad but not as basic either. Whatever you decide you need something for the Peaks weekend next year!

I think its just a point of interest to see % of people still in and % of people out and why. Post game interview is a great way of putting it. As it may help someone elses game.

I am not going to go into a diatribe about why I have cancelled, don't see the point, especially as I'm generally seen on here as being negative in my outlook.

But in summary I simply cannot get on with the seats, it doesn't feel like 400bhp to me and because of this and the focus on comfort, its lacking a bit of drama. Apart from that it really is an amazing car! And those coming from slower cars and for whom the seats work for them, will love it :)
The great thing is that Lotus have attracted new customers to the brand to even consider a Lotus where in the past it wouldn't be on the shopping list. All opinions are valid and all our needs are different.

Time has dragged on with the release, more people have access to much more information to aid in their purchasing decision then we had back in March.
If the car had been released in March/June/ July we may have bought it ignorant of other information.

Your views aren't negative, they are balanced with your needs. Fast forward a year and it may be a different story - I'm even finding the shape of the new M3/M4 acceptable , back in March it was hideous :)
Times they are a changing

The great thing is that Lotus have attracted new customers to the brand to even consider a Lotus where in the past it wouldn't be on the shopping list.
Yes, this is it. They will also sell every single car they make despite others saying that the car is not for them and then giving the reasons as it's not as fast as a Tesla, as loud as Concorde or as raw as a motorcycle.

Yes Long Island, I am in Queens NYCity, the dealers were 40 mins away.

The lincoln dealer salesman promised the world and they never delivered but that was back 15 years ago, and then the Lincon dealership went out of business right after the market crash of 2009. The Land rover dealer also promised and then weaseled out and never did what was promised.

Its all verbal sales promises. Nothing is ever in writing,

BUT....Lincoln now DOES provide the pick up in writing if you by their black label cars.
This is my first “luxury” car purchase. I’m gonna act like a Rockefeller at the dealer until shown different. Another interesting thing is I hung out with my salesman (pretty young guy, my wheelhouse as my sons are 27 and 25) and when it was time to test drive, Lotus sent me with him, not a corporate guy. He’d never been in an Emira and neither one of us could stop laughing. This casualness vs what I’ve read about some super corporate drives leads me to believe I’m going to get taken care of regardless of whether I own 9 Porsches or am “reaching” to buy the Lotus.

This is my first “luxury” car purchase. I’m gonna act like a Rockefeller at the dealer until shown different. Another interesting thing is I hung out with my salesman (pretty young guy, my wheelhouse as my sons are 27 and 25) and when it was time to test drive, Lotus sent me with him, not a corporate guy. He’d never been in an Emira and neither one of us could stop laughing. This casualness vs what I’ve read about some super corporate drives leads me to believe I’m going to get taken care of regardless of whether I own 9 Porsches or am “reaching” to buy the Lotus.

I got the same vibe. RDS in general is a great group of relaxed yet passionate sales associates. Looking forward to being part of that family.

A, no one will believe us lol. That 2 hours sold me the car. I was in construction, on site. I can’t get comfortable in a stuffy environ
I’m also a chatty guy, I’m gonna get my guy at least a few sales

This is very important to buying any new car, glad to hear you found a good one... some customers aren't as lucky. Lotus service/dealers are all over the map in that regard.

I may have missed it in one of your creative and entertaining posts but re the seats, did you find the seat bottom hard/uncomfortable? I read another post here that mentioned it and that is indeed a deal breaker for me as I'm about to drive my Lincoln into the sea because of their "30way perfect position" rubbish seats..:)

I feel that the dealership experience is going to depend on whether the Lotus dealer is stand-alone, or if it is attached to another existing dealership of luxury brand(s). For example, the Lotus of Washington DC dealership is run by the Ourisman group, at a location that used to be a used car dealer. I really doubt they are going to be able to offer an "exclusive" level of dealership experience. Lotus of Orlando, on the other hand, shares a location with Aston Martin - so I'd expect better-trained staff there.

I may have missed it in one of your creative and entertaining posts but re the seats, did you find the seat bottom hard/uncomfortable? I read another post here that mentioned it and that is indeed a deal breaker for me as I'm about to drive my Lincoln into the sea because of their "30way perfect position" rubbish seats..:)
This is personal preference again and I'm medium build and 5'9
But the seats for me missed the mark and were neither sporty or comfortable.

Sporty
- They don't go low enough
- The side bolsters aren't supportive enough.
- The head rest is more of a lower head rest and it feels unsafe to me in case of an accident (again just my opinion)
- I tested Alcantara, but would guess that the leather seats will be pretty slippy due to the lack of contouring

Comfort
- The seat base is too hard
- There is no lower thigh support
- The lumber was strange, I played with it for 5 mins after my drive to try and remove it from where it was sticking I to me in an unpleasant way and couldn't.
- The heated seat controls are in a sub menu of the infotainment system

Overall there really were no positives for me bar the build quality seemed OK. Ultimately though I was sat on them, not in them and I cannot live with that.

I'd been sat in an Alpine A110 an hour before with some of the best seats available and just come out of my Yaris 5 mins before and the seats are often vilified as being the weakest part of that car, yet they felt perfect after stepping back out of the Emira.

Now I'm going to assume that the demo car was full production spec. Even though it had Track mode disabled (purely because its a demo allegedly)
If it wasn't production spec for any reason or the lumbar was broken then I'm sorry but customers make lurchase decisions based on these hour test slots so they should be representative.

I'm sure Litchfield and Komotec will resolve this and other minor issues, but I'm not interested in spending northwards of £5k aftermarket to resolve and make the car perfect for me.

Last edited:
Test drive last Friday

Based upon the above and a couple of other factors I cancelled my order at 7.30am this morning and in true "you couldn't make this up fashion" I have just received my Emira checkout email at 11.30am o_O (no slight intended towards Lotus here, just impeccable timing).

Anyway I cant say that it hasn't been an interesting ride the last 18 months! And EVERYONE on this forum has been amazing, some great characters and massive enthusiasm for the brand, which is exactly what Lotus needs right now.

It is a shame the car didn't 'quite' hit the mark for me. I was never here to make money on the car if it didn't suit my requirements, so I hope my cancellation means that one lucky individual with a classy Nimbus build gets some good news in time for Xmas.

Take care all and enjoy those gorgeous looking cars

Merry Xmas 🧑‍🎄
Leonard

PS I see @TomE is doing his own full group test! So will be back to see the fruits of his labour as an Evora GT410 is still most definitely a consideration Easter next year.
- You obviously never wanted the car in the first place
- You won't be happy until you drive a turbo car that feels fast and has torque
- You probably can't afford the car at this time and that's why you are making excuses and pulling out
- You are just making up things and blowing them out of proportion to try to make it look like the car is worse than it actually is
- Go ahead and cancel so everyone else can get their car sooner, good for us

... think I covered all of the usual responses from the fanboys that have developed on here. As soon as you decide it wasn't the right fit they come out of the woodwork to bash your opinions.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, at least you know for sure that you want to go in a different direction and can move on. 👍🏻

- You probably can't afford the car at this time and that's why you are making excuses and pulling out
- You are just making up things and blowing them out of proportion to try to make it look like the car is worse than it actually is

... think I covered all of the usual responses from the fanboys that have developed on here. As soon as you decide it wasn't the right fit they come out of the woodwork to bash your opinions.

Sorry it didn't work out for you, at least you know for sure that you want to go in a different direction and can move on. 👍🏻
Lol

I'm just not a big fan of the seats... 👀

😅

Sure a few people will rip them out and add some Evora Sparco seats or Recaros and it will be a game changer along with some engine, exhaust and chassis mods/tweaks

I did consider rolling the deposit over to the base i4 which I think will get lauded as the better car (but 2 years too late)
But Lotus wrongly or rightly would stick me at the back of the i4 queue and I don't have that much patience.

Pretty funny generalization you made there. You do know this is the Emira forum? I have never owned a Lotus so not a fanboy. Let me take a shot and try the opposite.

- My rocket is way faster
- The seats are not hardcore enough
- The seats are to soft
-The seats are not comfortable
-My Toyota is better
-Going to buy a C8 because they look so good
-Im confused I will buy a big fast sedan instead
-I do not like the FE colors
-Its not as exciting as riding my motorcycle naked through rush hour traffic
-The insurance is to expensive
-My engine will get wet
I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

Last edited:
Lol, lotus super fan 🤣 I've only had one and hated it kept it 6wks

Not about a safe space, if you don't like the car and have found something better brilliant tell us then move on, don't hang around, bitchin and moaning, just reeks of trying to justify your decision and convince others
The bitchin and moaning got on my nerves about 3 months ago, the ignore button worked for me

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back