I'm out - the cancellations thread

is mid engined the critical part
To me, the danger of the Emira is that it is too easy to live with, too much of a tourer
Would it give any better driving experience than a £80K BMW saloon (M2 / poverty M4) that has the bonus of back seats

My personal choice is keeping a Morgan Aero 8 or getting the Emira. Morgan does all the quirky engaging bits
Was going to say but you'd have to live with the bmw looking like arse but then you mentioned the aero 8 🤪😄

I'd like mine easy to live with please, cars that aren't wear thin very quickly.

I'll say it for the millionth time, The emira hits its target market bang on, its just its target market isn't Lotus customers (although lotus maybe miss sold it a little to them with the whole evora to 11 thing). And that's why it gets a hard time on this forum I believe as its made up of majority traditional lotus fans.

As an example its regularly touted on here that the reviews are average at best. In a non car related WhatsApp group yesterday a mate mentioned to me he'd seen his first emira on the road and how good it looked, then said "and all the reviews I've seen say it's amazing" and that's the perception outside of this bubble.

Also these peoples views aren't skewed by the Lotus buying circus 🙄 🤡

I agree with most of what you say. The Emira does exactly fulfil the brief it was intended to hit, to attract people from other brands, broaden the appeal and increase sales volumes. Many previous Lotus customers are not the target and hence why a lot are disappointed it has broader appeal but not the same engagement they wanted. That may come later with a GT version or a few mods.

From the "which brand are you coming from" poll, only 19% are previous Lotus owners. More are from BMW at 33% and Porsche at 22%, then a very diverse mix for the other 26%. So we do have varied reference points we're seeing people gauge the Emira from. I think they have quite different expectations of the Emira than former Lotus owners. But that's still a tough challenge for Lotus, possibly a tougher one, to have the Emira compared against BMW and Porsche on quality, features, driving dynamics, daily practicality, customer service, aftersales etc.

I agree with most of what you say. The Emira does exactly fulfil the brief it was intended to hit, to attract people from other brands, broaden the appeal and increase sales volumes. Many previous Lotus customers are not the target and hence why a lot are disappointed it has broader appeal but not the same engagement they wanted. That may come later with a GT version or a few mods.

From the "which brand are you coming from" poll, only 19% are previous Lotus owners. More are from BMW at 33% and Porsche at 22%, then a very diverse mix for the other 26%. So we do have varied reference points we're seeing people gauge the Emira from. I think they have quite different expectations of the Emira than former Lotus owners. But that's still a tough challenge for Lotus, possibly a tougher one, to have the Emira compared against BMW and Porsche on quality, features, driving dynamics, daily practicality, customer service, aftersales etc.
What he said..
Now.... #ForTheDelivery

I am one of those that has decided to go down another route for my mid-engined, 6 cylinder, manual transmission fix but just wanted to give my experience of the Lotus refund service.

Within two weeks of sending my email I have had the full £5K returned, a different experience to others.

For those on the Emira journey I hope that you have a blast! Maybe I'll set an Autotrader/Pistonheads alert in 12 months' time............

is mid engined the critical part
To me, the danger of the Emira is that it is too easy to live with, too much of a tourer
Would it give any better driving experience than a £80K BMW saloon (M2 / poverty M4) that has the bonus of back seats

My personal choice is keeping a Morgan Aero 8 or getting the Emira. Morgan does all the quirky engaging bits
Honestly the Emira wouldn’t be of interest to me as a second car, I’d go way more hardcore for a second weekend car. As a daily I think 718/C8/Emira are all A+ choices for this guy

I am one of those that has decided to go down another route for my mid-engined, 6 cylinder, manual transmission fix but just wanted to give my experience of the Lotus refund service.

Within two weeks of sending my email I have had the full £5K returned, a different experience to others.

For those on the Emira journey I hope that you have a blast! Maybe I'll set an Autotrader/Pistonheads alert in 12 months' time............
What car did you buy (pics)

I'd go so far as to say original Lotus customers and your Pistonheads type market.

There wasn't much consideration for the drivers really

I'd go so far as to say original Lotus customers and your Pistonheads type market.

There wasn't much consideration for the drivers really
I disagree. The Emira is WAY more engaging than my fast TT. Simply offering a manual gives it a leg up

You said it yourself 4 posts up you wouldn't have it as a second car 🤣
It’s more about MY want from a second car. My version of a second car couldn’t make the annual pilgrimage to LA to visit son 1. Staying in the family, my version of a second car would be the best $50k exige I could find. Another would be a 4C. My wife begged me to sell my Miata, but I dig small cars. I could get away with a small car I wasn’t daily driving it.

I've just realised I've closed the credit card on which I paid my deposits :(

Did those arguing with Lotus BS about this get anywhere with their refunds?

I've just realised I've closed the credit card on which I paid my deposits :(

Did those arguing with Lotus BS about this get anywhere with their refunds?
I’m pretty sure someone on here with the same predicament escalated it to Matt Windle following no success with CC and got it sorted quickly after.

the Rick is buying it cause it’s mid engined. Remember I think this is stunning.:
uxMT4m7.jpg

I’m of questionable taste and character
Still don't like the fugly butt however you can't argue with the performance of the upcoming eray.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back