I'm out - the cancellations thread

Honestly the Emira wouldn’t be of interest to me as a second car, I’d go way more hardcore for a second weekend car. As a daily I think 718/C8/Emira are all A+ choices for this guy
I'm at a loss regarding the "hardcore" thing... what criteria are you using? Raw power?

The test drive I had in the Emira placed it pretty squarely in serious driver-feedback-oriented sports car territory, WAY more so than any BMW product in recent years, including the M stuff. It's not outright performance that makes something hardcore in my view, it's how close to the bone it cuts in the feedback loop of driver inputs to vehicle response, and the feel of that change back through the controls. The Emira has that in spades. Most other modern "sports" or "high performance" vehicles generally do not, other than Porsche, until you get into supercar price categories.

The fact that the Emira is regarded as "softer" compared to previous Lotus products like the Elise and Exige doesn't say anything about the Emira, rather it says something about how extreme those products have been as precision tools for demanding drivers. The fact that they were exceptional doesn't make the Emira less good on its own merits compared against the worldwide marketplace.

I've just realised I've closed the credit card on which I paid my deposits :(

Did those arguing with Lotus BS about this get anywhere with their refunds?
It's covered on this thread:

I'm at a loss regarding the "hardcore" thing... what criteria are you using? Raw power?

The test drive I had in the Emira placed it pretty squarely in serious driver-feedback-oriented sports car territory, WAY more so than any BMW product in recent years, including the M stuff. It's not outright performance that makes something hardcore in my view, it's how close to the bone it cuts in the feedback loop of driver inputs to vehicle response, and the feel of that change back through the controls. The Emira has that in spades. Most other modern "sports" or "high performance" vehicles generally do not, other than Porsche, until you get into supercar price categories.

The fact that the Emira is regarded as "softer" compared to previous Lotus products like the Elise and Exige doesn't say anything about the Emira, rather it says something about how extreme those products have been as precision tools for demanding drivers. The fact that they were exceptional doesn't make the Emira less good on its own merits compared against the worldwide marketplace.
Not arguing for arguing sake, but we aren't comparing to Elise and Exige though are we? More the 'softer' Evora.

The steering on the Emira is AMAZING totally Evora/Lotus like.

Everything else from turn in to power delivery wasn't second car exciting.

BUT it does totally depend on what you are coming from and what you were expecting.

If you are being kind, it's too easy to live with now. There is no drama bar the way it looks 🤷

Size. The answer is always Miata but if I sold my TT and replaced with a 4C etc my wife would freak out. So I say what I say because of my personal dynamics. I equate small lite loud with hardcore. I drove my Miata back and forth Friday to Sunday from Glenview to State College (20 hours rt) solo to visit my sons on football weekends 10 times my wife finally begged me to sell it.

T1oGVgT.jpg

Size. The answer is always Miata but if I sold my TT and replaced with a 4C etc my wife would freak out. So I say what I say because of my personal dynamics. I equate small lite loud with hardcore. I drove my Miata back and forth Friday to Sunday from Glenview to State College solo to visit my sons on football weekends 10 times my wife finally begged me to sell it.
You don't want a 4C. Trust me.
Get the Emira 🙂

Size. The answer is always Miata but if I sold my TT and replaced with a 4C etc my wife would freak out. So I say what I say because of my personal dynamics. I equate small lite loud with hardcore. I drove my Miata back and forth Friday to Sunday from Glenview to State College (20 hours rt) solo to visit my sons on football weekends 10 times my wife finally begged me to sell it.
If that's your desired criteria, I have a suitably uncomfortable recommendation for you. :ROFLMAO: It's even still a "Lotus"!

Come join me and EmiraSpain 😅
I'm thinking EV daily and lightweight Caterham weekender is the future
I would of course need a GT as well... Emira? 😅
I really want one of those. Can I come to Spain and test drive with you & EmiraSpain.
If they were sold as a complete car in US I definitely would buy one.

I really want one of those. Can I come to Spain and test drive with you & EmiraSpain.
If they were sold as a complete car in US I definitely would buy one.
Hell yeah.

Bit if a squeeze. But come to UK and we will road trip it over and get a flight ✈️ back!

I need to get to Texas as well.

In the meantime driving the amg gt this morning and R8 this afternoon!
I settled on a 2 year old V8 AWD Ftype with all the options and 6k miles on the clock, comes nest week from Kent. I loved the Noise and drana of the vantage but used prices are steep. The Ftype won because it had,In my mind, a more cohesive interior. I'd also have an AMG and R8 too. Enjoy

I settled on a 2 year old V8 AWD Ftype with all the options and 6k miles on the clock, comes nest week from Kent. I loved the Noise and drana of the vantage but used prices are steep. The Ftype won because it had,In my mind, a more cohesive interior. I'd also have an AMG and R8 too. Enjoy
Congratulations photos when she arrives - which colour have you gone for …..

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back