I'm out - the cancellations thread

Love it!! Keep us posted on the high gearing argument, I’d like to find out it’s a non issue so I can go ahead and buy a T for big savings like you. CHEERS
I recently sold a 718 GT4 manual. The gear 'issue' is about the ability of second to reach 85 mph iirc thus on B roads you don't have to do much gear swooping with the fab short throw box........however the engine is so torque infested that I just changed up to third etc and ignored the ratios. Fab car.

I might join as well just to talk shit. No intention of buying but I will say I am and poke holes in the car and criticise it and the appalling Audi dealer experience I have had for the past 20 years.

Sounds good. Always good to get a balanced view 😃

I imagine the R8 forum will have its share of defensive people who cry into their Audi branded comfort blanket though, so beware!

Yes I remember his post! They seem ok so far 😆

I may come crying back here after a few weeks begging to be accepted 🤣

Yes I remember his post! They seem ok so far 😆
They are not that bad but they will turn on you quickly if you say the wrong thing. Many people seem to be ex Porsche people that were looking for more excitement and supercar looks.

They are not that bad but they will turn on you quickly if you say the wrong thing. Many people seem to be ex Porsche people that were looking for more excitement and supercar looks.
Excitement was sadly replaced with uncertainty and frustration, neither of which are what was expected

Haha, I didn't last long with the R8 😄 I miss the manual transmission too much, even though reviews said I wouldn't since the gearbox is so amazing. It is, and the car is a blast, but I want to shift my own gears and need something where my head isn't touching the ceiling.

Let's just say I've joined the Cadillac forums..lol. 2023 CT5-V Blackwing to be delivered in the next month, 668hp supercharged V8 with a 6 speed manual. Couldn't be more different, but I have never owned anything like it and am excited to give it a try! should hold its value if I decide to change again.

Haha, I didn't last long with the R8 😄 I miss the manual transmission too much, even though reviews said I wouldn't since the gearbox is so amazing. It is, and the car is a blast, but I want to shift my own gears and need something where my head isn't touching the ceiling.

Let's just say I've joined the Cadillac forums..lol. 2023 CT5-V Blackwing to be delivered in the next month, 668hp supercharged V8 with a 6 speed manual. Couldn't be more different, but I have never owned anything like it and am excited to give it a try! should hold its value if I decide to change again.
What’s your call sign over there?

Congrats! Should be a fun toy. What spec did you go with?

The Blackwing has some impressive stats, especially for being 4,100+ lbs! Coincidentally enough, I'm currently racing with one in CSR2 for this week's prestige cup. 😎

Screenshot_20230123-104005_CSR Racing 2.jpg

I know where you are coming from. I convinced myself to buy a new Nissan GTR a few years ago. It was super fast and a blast to launch for about a month. I was bored without the manual and will never buy another automatic vehicle ever again. I did give the paddles a fair shot and they are just not for me.

Stating the obvious, it's crazy not a peep from Lotus and thus the dealership because they don't know.

It's causing me lots of anxiety. Looking at other cars, they want you to pull the trigger, but I'm waiting to hear something, anything, from Lotus! Please Lotus, even just a reminder I'm on your radar for goodness sakes! 🙏😲

Congrats! Should be a fun toy. What spec did you go with?

The Blackwing has some impressive stats, especially for being 4,100+ lbs! Coincidentally enough, I'm currently racing with one in CSR2 for this week's prestige cup. 😎

View attachment 21558
Mine will be black on black, black wheels, red caliper carbon ceramic brakes, red seatbelts. Hoping to add CF splitter and wing later since they are on constraint right now. Looking forward to it.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back