I'm out - the cancellations thread

Congrats! Should be a fun toy. What spec did you go with?

The Blackwing has some impressive stats, especially for being 4,100+ lbs! Coincidentally enough, I'm currently racing with one in CSR2 for this week's prestige cup. 😎

View attachment 21558
I was looking at that but decided on a c8 convertible even though I can't get a stick. Love that Caddy though, enjoy..:) See this is what happens if you have to wait years for a car. You wind up with a different one!!

I was looking at that but decided on a c8 convertible even though I can't get a stick. Love that Caddy though, enjoy..:) See this is what happens if you have to wait years for a car. You wind up with a different one!!
Z06 right?

Z06 right?
You know what? After experiencing the "que" I'm gunna let everyone else chase the z06 and Eray. If I get the z51 package it is only a hair slower than those two. Sure you don't get that high revving flat plane of the Z06 or the cool jet whine of the Eray but for around $100k I can spec the convertible out with all the goodies I want, and once again do that awesome "museum delivery" experience I did with my c6z back in '08! And the line will be virtually non-existent since I don't want it until April-May of next year! I'm too old to wait in line..:)

Getting a McLaren has to be the best reason for NOT getting the Emira. Nobody would judge against that decision IF one has the funds to acquire one.

The 570S is the bargain BUT , if you can, one HAS to get the 600LT instead. It is the one to get.
e.g..
Great cars, but that's £50k more than a brand new Emira with a 3 year warranty for a 4 year old car that will cost £3-4k per year for service and extending the warranty. The 570S is closer price-wise but annual running costs will still be 10x the Emira's.

You know what? After experiencing the "que" I'm gunna let everyone else chase the z06 and Eray. If I get the z51 package it is only a hair slower than those two. Sure you don't get that high revving flat plane of the Z06 or the cool jet whine of the Eray but for around $100k I can spec the convertible out with all the goodies I want, and once again do that awesome "museum delivery" experience I did with my c6z back in '08! And the line will be virtually non-existent since I don't want it until April-May of next year! I'm too old to wait in line..:)
I love the new battleship gray.

Great cars, but that's £50k more than a brand new Emira with a 3 year warranty for a 4 year old car that will cost £3-4k per year for service and extending the warranty. The 570S is closer price-wise but annual running costs will still be 10x the Emira's.
And I've heard McLaren maintenance is EXPENSIVE!!

Z06 right?
I've been on the Z06 list for 2+ years but with the production delays, even though I have a low allocation #, it looks like I will get pushed into 2024. Which is actually better for me .... with the wife :) The only reason I'll swapping out my C8 is for that engine note. If this Emira keeps being elusive then maybe I'll just ditch both and go for a lambo ..... nah.

You decided against a 570 then ! I am still very tempted - you only live once !

I’ll get a McLaren one day but probably in a couple of years. I’ve got something else coming in March - more on that nearer the time.
And to be clear - I’m not “out” in terms of Emira, I’ve postponed and still have deposits in place. Waiting for Base edition and GT info, and have a target build slot for Base or First in Q1 2024.

You decided against a 570 then ! I am still very tempted - you only live once !

When I almost pulled the trigger on a 570 last weekend, I started looking up average repairs and parts costs. Fun fact, the front brakes (carbon ceramics) are ~$14,000. That's without install... $14k for just front rotors and pads. :oops:

When I almost pulled the trigger on a 570 last weekend, I started looking up average repairs and parts costs. Fun fact, the front brakes (carbon ceramics) are ~$14,000. That's without install... $14k for just front rotors and pads. :oops:

Ha thats nothing. Look up the 911GT3 carbon brakes. They are like 20g for the rotors.

Hey young fella, a few years ago I dropped 400k for some college, just sayin.

Aye, it is not the buying of older Ferraris. Maccas, Bentleys and Lambos, it is the maintenance of them over time.

My last 3 full service bills - last year:

C63 AMG Edition 507 : £386

Ferrari: £2643

Bentley GTC: £1826

Ridiculous and I can't afford this really.

And to be clear - I’m not “out” in terms of Emira, I’ve postponed and still have deposits in place. Waiting for Base edition and GT info, and have a target build slot for Base or First in Q1 2024.
Do you know something we don't?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back