I'm out - the cancellations thread

Not even gunna try to say yes...:) I see on Youtube that the exotic car rental places shy away from McLaren because of the cost of both maintenance and parts! To be honest it's above my pay-grade anyway, $100k more or less is about all I want to spend on a car. I'm not in the $300k+ crowd! Not complaining though because there are a lot of people who would love to be in the $100k club! It's all relative I suppose
Same club as the rick

I'm out!!!

been going over this a number of times over the last few months, deposit 13.07.21, still waiting for the car now due apparently end of April (99.9%), i have accepted the delays i was not in a rush, however i cannot accept the poor (Non existent) communication from Lotus, any updates i have had are from my calls to Lotus, i have read also on the forums re the teething issues Software upgrades not working, lack of parts if something does go wrong, The final nail in the coffin for me was the guy who picked up his car and the spec was wrong (Privacy Glass), he had written communication from Lotus confirming the change twice, spec was not changed and when he went to collect the car he signed for the car so he could take it away and contacted Lotus, who basically said" you signed for it nothing we can do" i think this tells me what kind of company Lotus are and as such not who i want to be dealing with.

I will be today requesting my deposit back from Lotus, there may well be a Shadow Grey, Manual, black pack, black wheels available end of April, if this is near anyones spec.

I had waiting so long as i love the look of the Emira, but head has over ruled the heart.

Good luck to all of you who have got and who are holding out for your cars.

I'm out!!!

been going over this a number of times over the last few months, deposit 13.07.21, still waiting for the car now due apparently end of April (99.9%), i have accepted the delays i was not in a rush, however i cannot accept the poor (Non existent) communication from Lotus, any updates i have had are from my calls to Lotus, i have read also on the forums re the teething issues Software upgrades not working, lack of parts if something does go wrong, The final nail in the coffin for me was the guy who picked up his car and the spec was wrong (Privacy Glass), he had written communication from Lotus confirming the change twice, spec was not changed and when he went to collect the car he signed for the car so he could take it away and contacted Lotus, who basically said" you signed for it nothing we can do" i think this tells me what kind of company Lotus are and as such not who i want to be dealing with.

I will be today requesting my deposit back from Lotus, there may well be a Shadow Grey, Manual, black pack, black wheels available end of April, if this is near anyones spec.

I had waiting so long as i love the look of the Emira, but head has over ruled the heart.

Good luck to all of you who have got and who are holding out for your cars.
It is such a great shame to read this after all the waiting, I hope that you will find another car that you can enjoy.
I really do hope that Lotus see this, perhaps they may wake up when they realise how powerful this forum is in making decisions. I wonder if anyone will print this post out and send it to someone senior in Lotus to give them the kick in th a**e (or a*s for our US friends!) that they seem to need.

It is such a great shame to read this after all the waiting, I hope that you will find another car that you can enjoy.
I really do hope that Lotus see this, perhaps they may wake up when they realise how powerful this forum is in making decisions. I wonder if anyone will print this post out and send it to someone senior in Lotus to give them the kick in th a**e (or a*s for our US friends!) that they seem to need.
They don’t care. It’s apparent. Been that way for a long time and not much has changed. Dealer said my deposit refund check is in the mail. I’ve made the right decision for me to cancel as well. Too much BS when you’re spending $110K. It should be a much more enjoyable experience.

It is a big shame because i think Lotus had a car that made people like me switch brands, but now back to tried and tested, (911 or R8) for me now, i will be emailing my dealer Bell & Covill who i must say have been excellent and will ask them to forward my email to Matt, if i cannot find his email in the meanwhile.

I am doing this as i feel they need to know what we think of their service, highly unlikely they will do anything anyway.

will stay on the forums just to see how things end up.

I am trying to pull the plug on my Reservation made in July 2021. What is the procedure, email, phone? Based in UK and have paid £2000. I'm going to see how the model specs, special editions pan out. Meanwhile I'll keep polishing the GT430!

I am trying to pull the plug on my Reservation made in July 2021. What is the procedure, email, phone? Based in UK and have paid £2000. I'm going to see how the model specs, special editions pan out. Meanwhile I'll keep polishing the GT430!
Sorry to hear that. Call LCC and they will sort it. The one process they do seem to be fairly good at is refunds :(

To be fair the GT430 is an epic car and the launch Emira was never going to eclipse it.

The one process they do seem to be fairly good at is refunds :(
Yep, they completed more refunds than delivered cars!

They do keep an eye on the forums - well, somebody does.
Whether the feedback moves to actions is something else entirely.

They are right to be holding back the cars until the little issues are sorted.

Lotus have discounted the forum as a vocal minority of people who are mainly not part of their core target market. So the things we mention on here are mostly ignored. But I do know they read some of it.

Plus they have a 1.5-2 year waiting list so don’t seem to care if people drop out.

Just curious, how late in the process are UK customers allowed to cancel and get their deposits back?

In the USA our deposits are non refundable once the official order is submitted to Lotus.

Just curious, how late in the process are UK customers allowed to cancel and get their deposits back?

In the USA our deposits are non refundable once the official order is submitted to Lotus.
Right up until we do the checkout email. About a month before delivery usually.

Lotus have discounted the forum as a vocal minority of people who are mainly not part of their core target market. So the things we mention on here are mostly ignored. But I do know they read some of it.

Plus they have a 1.5-2 year waiting list so don’t seem to care if people drop out.
Kind of like character defined as what you do when no one sees.
Getting harder to root for these tools

This depends on your state laws. My deposit in California is refundable until the day of signing papers for purchase.
Dealers have to love that for cancellations. They get to sell a 'new' one at probably 30k over MSRP.

Sorry to hear that. Call LCC and they will sort it. The one process they do seem to be fairly good at is refunds :(

To be fair the GT430 is an epic car and the launch Emira was never going to eclipse it.
Tom. I knew it would happen. I love the car, enjoyed the test drive, but was a little underwhelmed at the grunt (lack of) compared to my 430. I always intended to keep both, but just would like to hang fire for a couple of years.

Well I have had enough - today I requested my £5000 back. I am not prepared to continue this saga.

I texted someone in Lotus at the weekend who I thought would do something - again no response as if it had gone into a black hole.

LCS asked for me to email them and confirm card dates on original payment. Also, a reason why I was cancelling.

I have as many have been let down by Lotus. They are quite happy to send cars to China, Australia. Europe etc, but not prepared to look after their own market. The continual promised missed dates, the test drive delays effecting sport/tour, the unilateral LCS decisions. The present delays and the stories of software issues, door seals, let alone old gearbox noise issues. Stories of steering pump issues, window wiper glitches, KEF quality and orange peel in paint.

We get stories of how people are really happy with their cars, suddenly they are throwing up warning lights, being trucked away to be sorted and garages holding cars as they cannot get parts,

This is not a move forward on quality, this is a reach back to the past, as I had similar issues with my Evora’s.

I am waiting for Harry Metcalf or Schmeeee to report on their issues, will they get any and will they report any.

So I am OUT, OUT and OUT - good luck with your quality purchase, I am getting something else.

It is the sort of car that has short ownership (when they are in the second hand market in a few years, there will be plenty of 5 year old / 5 previous owner models available)
that people have the same change of direction in the queue is not unusual.

Couple of problems I see are that flipped cars are relatively affordable, without a wild premium (so you can get one if you come back to this path) and launch edition seems piss poor value - A £15K premium for some enhancements you dont need and a restricted choice of colours compared to the base car. Normally the interesting colours are "premium spec only" - Not Lotus, for lotus they are "Base Spec Only" :ROFLMAO:

It is the sort of car that has short ownership (when they are in the second hand market in a few years, there will be plenty of 5 year old / 5 previous owner models available)
that people have the same change of direction in the queue is not unusual.

Couple of problems I see are that flipped cars are relatively affordable, without a wild premium (so you can get one if you come back to this path) and launch edition seems piss poor value - A £15K premium for some enhancements you dont need and a restricted choice of colours compared to the base car. Normally the interesting colours are "premium spec only" - Not Lotus, for lotus they are "Base Spec Only" :ROFLMAO:
This is how I’ve seen it from day one, I am pre reveal i4 base deposit holder. I flirted with a nimbus/red interior for a while, but decided it was kind of too nice. Personally speaking, I am not too keen on most of the options you get with the FE, but it’s a personal thing.
I am going for an i4 base with convenience pack, ie rear camera, stowage nets and front parking sensors. If there ends up being the option to delete, cup holders, seat motors and info screen, then even better.
quite fancying a white one, and as New to Lotus said above, all subject to no price increase

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back