I'm out - the cancellations thread

Tom was with me when we both went to Hethel to meet Matt, Scott and one other..

However, yeah, they seemed to dovetail going to the toilet a lot, one after the other and they are the same height...

Umm. Anybody seem Mission Impossible 2 and Mrs Doubtfire at the restaurant 😬 :D

FInkle is Einhorn!

MarriedWhichGraysquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Cancelled today, really disappointed after so long. Deposited on 13th July 21. Pushed CS for an update yesterday only to find out my spec is apparently locked in by the factory, I can’t make any changes and it differs from my actual spec on wheels and interior, also now delayed further to March build and April delivery. Last straw was expecting to be able to make minor changes after test drive as per the update email from November, receiving zero comms and now being told the spec is locked but is nowhere near the car I was expecting.

Cancelled today, really disappointed after so long. Deposited on 13th July 21. Pushed CS for an update yesterday only to find out my spec is apparently locked in by the factory, I can’t make any changes and it differs from my actual spec on wheels and interior, also now delayed further to March build and April delivery. Last straw was expecting to be able to make minor changes after test drive as per the update email from November, receiving zero comms and now being told the spec is locked but is nowhere near the car I was expecting.

It's almost like they're not even trying to take care of customers. Sorry to see you go. :(

Do you know something we don't?
Probably lots of things! Anything specific? I know I didn't want to take the very early First Edition I was offered in December. I know I want to wait for Base Edition info (currently forecast for early Q2) before deciding if I go ahead with a Base or First order, and timing for that decision will mean a build slot for either will most likely be in Q1 2024. I know there will eventually be an S/R/GT version but not when that will be or what engine or spec it will have.

And I know there's a different car I want to have in my garage for 2023 alongside the S1 Exige and Evora S, which will arrive in March (and isn't a McLaren or Porsche) :)

Sorry, but how did you end up with a different spec than ordered? Does not compute.

Probably lots of things! Anything specific? I know I didn't want to take the very early First Edition I was offered in December. I know I want to wait for Base Edition info (currently forecast for early Q2) before deciding if I go ahead with a Base or First order, and timing for that decision will mean a build slot for either will most likely be in Q1 2024. I know there will eventually be an S/R/GT version but not when that will be or what engine or spec it will have.

And I know there's a different car I want to have in my garage for 2023 alongside the S1 Exige and Evora S, which will arrive in March (and isn't a McLaren or Porsche) :)
Come on Tom you can’t keep us hanging like that oooooooo what’s joining your garage in March ……..

Maserati...

What, you can't do your own maintenance? :unsure:
Not even gunna try to say yes...:) I see on Youtube that the exotic car rental places shy away from McLaren because of the cost of both maintenance and parts! To be honest it's above my pay-grade anyway, $100k more or less is about all I want to spend on a car. I'm not in the $300k+ crowd! Not complaining though because there are a lot of people who would love to be in the $100k club! It's all relative I suppose

Wait a minute. You placed a full order with a specific spec, and have found out long after the fact that your order was entered on the other end with a config that's different from your submitted/locked choices?

When I almost pulled the trigger on a 570 last weekend, I started looking up average repairs and parts costs. Fun fact, the front brakes (carbon ceramics) are ~$14,000. That's without install... $14k for just front rotors and pads. :oops:

The Mc has been on my list for a couple years but after talking to so many people about the maintenance costs I bailed. I love the look but just too many gremlins and long term costs that are keeping me away. Maybe one day I might circle back but happy with the garage for now

whoa! Tom you're holding back on us fine folks... not McLaren or Porsche....hmmm :unsure: I'm going with Aston. Don't make me start a new thread on "guess Tom's next car" with a poll....hahaha

Darn it, now you made it more confusing knowing there might be S/R/GT versions. How many decades will it take?

Aye, it is not the buying of older Ferraris. Maccas, Bentleys and Lambos, it is the maintenance of them over time.

My last 3 full service bills - last year:

C63 AMG Edition 507 : £386

Ferrari: £2643

Bentley GTC: £1826

Ridiculous and I can't afford this really.
£2200 for brake pads on my Ferrari, that was at an indi as well 😭

Oh and they found a damaged tyre wall so two new fronts, another £600 sir. Oh and you need new tpms batteries and an antenna, another £1200 sir.... its different gravey running these things. It's a big part of the appeal of the emira for me.

I’m going Nissan Micra, but it’s Tom, so he’s probably gone for the ‘S’ ; flash git
LOL. I thought I just had to try a Yaris after everyone raving about them on here. The SR is the right spec yes? ;)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back