I'm out - the cancellations thread

This is how I’ve seen it from day one, I am pre reveal i4 base deposit holder. I flirted with a nimbus/red interior for a while, but decided it was kind of too nice. Personally speaking, I am not too keen on most of the options you get with the FE, but it’s a personal thing.
I am going for an i4 base with convenience pack, ie rear camera, stowage nets and front parking sensors. If there ends up being the option to delete, cup holders, seat motors and info screen, then even better.
quite fancying a white one, and as New to Lotus said above, all subject to no price increase
no price increase to a base spec priced announced 2 yrs ago is dreamland.

Wish it was all concrete, but instead it is proving elastic as the goal posts move about.
Well finally got a reply email from CS from my enquiry about car build over two weeks ago!!! Now told February manufacture March delivery, don’t believe that will happen?. My deposit date was 10 July 21, interested to know who else has been put back with a relatively early date

Well finally got a reply email from CS from my enquiry about car build over two weeks ago!!! Now told February manufacture March delivery, don’t believe that will happen?. My deposit date was 10 July 21, interested to know who else has been put back with a relatively early date
I’m pretty sure the answer to your question is everybody.

Guys.... It came close this weekend. I've been talking to a private seller for the last week about his 570s and was getting excited. Local, low miles, fully loaded with all the goodies, and serviced at my local dealer who is extremely reputable... not to mention it was priced right! I jokingly ran it by my amazing wife Saturday morning... joking because it's ~$60k more than a brand new Emira FE.. but she instantly suggested we go check it out in person and make an offer if we both liked it.

View attachment 21591

View attachment 21592

Turns out another buyer was on the way with a check that morning and it ended up selling. Probably better off though... not only was it more than I wanted to pay for my next toy (heh.. remember when we thought the V6 FE was going to be ~$85k?), but it was modded with downpipes/exhaust/tune putting it at ~720HP! Sounds exciting, but McLarens without a warranty scare me! And I really want 3 pedals.... this was extremely tempting though!

So that's my story. I almost cheated on the Emira, but stayed loyal (sorta). I can't leave you guys either. 😇
My plan B is a 570S as well but TBH I want one that’s “mine”. My spec. I can mod the doors if I want; and in fact will.

It is the sort of car that has short ownership (when they are in the second hand market in a few years, there will be plenty of 5 year old / 5 previous owner models available)
that people have the same change of direction in the queue is not unusual.

Couple of problems I see are that flipped cars are relatively affordable, without a wild premium (so you can get one if you come back to this path) and launch edition seems piss poor value - A £15K premium for some enhancements you dont need and a restricted choice of colours compared to the base car. Normally the interesting colours are "premium spec only" - Not Lotus, for lotus they are "Base Spec Only" :ROFLMAO:
It's a £10k premium for around £14k worth of kit, and that's before they bang a few grand on the base model and it's options before it even hits the market.

So probably not so piss poor then

I was first thing on the morning of the 9th, my Jan build didn't happen, cs now say it will be mid Feb

It's a £10k premium for around £14k worth of kit, and that's before they bang a few grand on the base model and it's options before it even hits the market.

I believe that is an urban myth. Lotus have never published any pricing for any of the individual elements. (Happy to be proved otherwise)
I am sure someone will come along and say that’s what I was told by someone at Lotus but there is nothing published anywhere to support it.

Lotus have discounted the forum as a vocal minority of people who are mainly not part of their core target market. So the things we mention on here are mostly ignored. But I do know they read some of it.

Plus they have a 1.5-2 year waiting list so don’t seem to care if people drop out.
Yep I think you are spot on, that's why I left the party.

It is the sort of car that has short ownership (when they are in the second hand market in a few years, there will be plenty of 5 year old / 5 previous owner models available)
that people have the same change of direction in the queue is not unusual.

Couple of problems I see are that flipped cars are relatively affordable, without a wild premium (so you can get one if you come back to this path) and launch edition seems piss poor value - A £15K premium for some enhancements you dont need and a restricted choice of colours compared to the base car. Normally the interesting colours are "premium spec only" - Not Lotus, for lotus they are "Base Spec Only" :ROFLMAO:
I agree. I wonder though whether the appeal will be as keen in a few years?

I believe that is an urban myth. Lotus have never published any pricing for any of the individual elements. (Happy to be proved otherwise)
I am sure someone will come along and say that’s what I was told by someone at Lotus but there is nothing published anywhere to support it.
You're right they haven't officially published the figures. But I was told it was a £3k difference by UK Head of Sales Scott Walker and MD Matt Windle. Others were told the same. We'll have to wait until early Q2 for the published numbers.

If they bang a few grand on the base model - they haven't yet, but suspect they are "keeping an eye" on cayman rrp

I cancelled because of the wait- I couldn’t at 70 waste another driving year as I have planned trips and there was no guarantee I would get my Emira in time and was really concerned of the Forum members issues on quality.

Thus, I have bought a 718 Spyder 4.0ltr a 2020 manual model with a great deal of options - this car specced out new at £97k. Paid just about Emira cost . Will be delivered this week.

I am happy with this as I really was disappointed that the Emira wasn’t ever going to be a roadster like the Evora - due to its construction with roll bar in the roof.

I was going to put up with the Emira but was so worried it was too much like the Evora, I guess I really needed a change of motoring direction.

I thought of a McLaren Spider but the outright cost even for a 2017 car and running costs, reliability would be too much. Also, not sure 562bhp at my age could be too much. I think Spyders 414BHP will be OK. Similar to Evora400 I had, but on test drives did feel faster particular at the wicked 8000 rpm hit. So open top motoring in the Alps this year will be wonderful.

Track day at Spa will be great - Spyder has GT4 underpinnings based on GT3 991.1 chassis, which was always good. So it’s a win win I think.

I also think the looks are superb, much better than other 718 cars, Emira is gorgeous and for many that will be great. But I think Lotus have a long learning curve to meet their quality objectives, I wish them well.

I cancelled because of the wait- I couldn’t at 70 waste another driving year as I have planned trips and there was no guarantee I would get my Emira in time and was really concerned of the Forum members issues on quality.

Thus, I have bought a 718 Spyder 4.0ltr a 2020 manual model with a great deal of options - this car specced out new at £97k. Paid just about Emira cost . Will be delivered this week.

I am happy with this as I really was disappointed that the Emira wasn’t ever going to be a roadster like the Evora - due to its construction with roll bar in the roof.

I was going to put up with the Emira but was so worried it was too much like the Evora, I guess I really needed a change of motoring direction.

I thought of a McLaren Spider but the outright cost even for a 2017 car and running costs, reliability would be too much. Also, not sure 562bhp at my age could be too much. I think Spyders 414BHP will be OK. Similar to Evora400 I had, but on test drives did feel faster particular at the wicked 8000 rpm hit. So open top motoring in the Alps this year will be wonderful.

Track day at Spa will be great - Spyder has GT4 underpinnings based on GT3 991.1 chassis, which was always good. So it’s a win win I think.

I also think the looks are superb, much better than other 718 cars, Emira is gorgeous and for many that will be great. But I think Lotus have a long learning curve to meet their quality objectives, I wish them well.
Welcome to the 718 spyder club! It’s a wonderful sports car and as enough analogue equipment to keep it unique. I can’t see myself ever selling it.

Too bad about the Emira, for me it compliments and 718 Spyder very well… maybe in a couple years circle back to it.

Welcome to the 718 spyder club! It’s a wonderful sports car and as enough analogue equipment to keep it unique. I can’t see myself ever selling it.

Too bad about the Emira, for me it compliments and 718 Spyder very well… maybe in a couple years circle back to it
Thank you so much for your confirmation of my choice. My first Porsche after having Jaguars, Aston Martin Vantage, Lotus, Chrysler Crossfire uhh do not ask!!!

Lotus have been making roadsters for years:
Lotus 6/7
Lotus Elan S1 - S4 and sprint
Lotus Elan M100
Lotus Elise
Lotus Exige

But unfortunately not anymore, so yes, will spend sometime in the Spyder - you never know has you mentioned - May circle back for an Emira Roadster or indeed another Lotus Roadster (electric) in the future.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back