I'm out - the cancellations thread

It seems they are getting cars out the door to get the revenue in, I suppose they had to make a choice...

Cars delivered revenue coming in..

Or more delays and a lot more drop outs.

Lotus can't seem to win, sad really with it being such a beautiful car and more hype than I can ever remember.

I wonder if there really is a cashflow issue, Geely cant keep handing out.
The Emira is a beautifully designed car, especially it’s exterior look. Unfortunately I don’t think Lotus is used to designing a higher end interior to compliment it’s exterior.

The interior is a step up from previous models but they seem to have many small issues that are snowballing into what may become a hole that will be difficult to climb out of.

It’s a huge challenge for an auto manufacturer to move to the next level and it will take time and effort to overcome their growing pains.

The question is how long will depositors and prospective purchasers give Lotus to find their stride? Will buyers wait another 1 or 2 years? Time will tell but the clock is ticking.

I remain optimistic, but as more and more issues are surfacing within the entire Lotus company structure I’m beginning to lose faith in their ability to turn things around.

I’m out! had to ring LCC to be told about another delay. Like everyone knows the communication has just been so poor. I can’t stand poor service.

Cars sat on auto trader struggling to sell…if they do sell..they are not calling for much more than over list - really struggle with this for a car that is said to be a 2 year wait.

I love the look of the car but I can’t have a car that’s going to be sat waiting to be fixed. The quality of the car is not what it should be. I’m reading on here about further issues…
Things that are being flagged up should be have been noted and sorted during testing. I don’t understand how they are struggling to get software updates out to a small number of dealers across the country.

When I rang to cancel they didn’t actual care…that’s how I have felt through the whole process. NO ONE CARES. Seen another comment on here about dodging a bullet…that’s how I feel.

Last edited:
Cars sat on auto trader struggling to sell…if they do sell..they are not calling for much more than over list - really struggle with this for a car that is said to be a 2 year wait.
Not sure what you mean about "auto trader"... you mean people who were buying the car to speculate/flip it immediately for a profit? Is that something that was important to you?

Not sure what you mean about "auto trader"... you mean people who were buying the car to speculate/flip it immediately for a profit? Is that something that was important to you?
I guess it's more of a reflection of the demand for the car. I'm sure anyone that's not planning on keeping it forever would be keen to know it'll have good residuals.

I doubt there's a better car you can buy for 80k for short term residual cyrrent market.
I agree. WBAC are offering £80k for them, and they have to resell them.....and only a few months ago they were offering £65k .......but that can quickly go the other way again if the ones on the used market don't sell

Auto Trader is a car selling website in the UK

Auto Trader is a car selling website in the UK
Yes, I know that. It's the same in the US.

My question was about the poster's intentions for the car and whether the "speculation value" at a point higher than MSRP was particularly important to her in her concept of ownership. And I didn't ask, but if that is an important thing to her... why?

I’m out! had to ring LCC to be told about another delay. Like everyone knows the communication has just been so poor. I can’t stand poor service.

I love the look of the car but I can’t have a car that’s going to be sat waiting to be fixed. The quality of the car is not what it should be. I’m reading on here about further issues…
Things that are being flagged up should be have been noted and sorted during testing. I don’t understand how they are struggling to get software updates out to a small number of dealers across the country.

When I rang to cancel they didn’t actual care…that’s how I have felt through the whole process. NO ONE CARES. Seen another comment on here about dodging a bullet…that’s how I feel.
True. My dealer is ghosting me for months now and isn't even calling back if i leave him a voice.

Despite cancelling 4 months ago just got an email to say my AMG is still due in August.

Crazy. They really don't get better do they?

@TomE do you have your car yet?

You're the second person I read this happen to. There seems to be a major disconnect between the various departments within Lotus.

Despite cancelling 4 months ago just got an email to say my AMG is still due in August.

Just received an update via email from Lotus customer care, my car is now June, I knew that last week that’s why I cancelled. No joined up writing here!!

Then note goes onto tell me about Emira arriving in Australia/New Zealand in May 2023 for the first time, I thought I had seen videos on YouTube with Emiras there already. Jeez they are something this department.

You're the second person I read this happen to. There seems to be a major disconnect between the various departments within Lotus.
Interesting in the email they tell me the month of my cancelled Emira build - but no delivery month. They are playing cute and non committal due to PDI and delivery. Beggars belief.

I’ve postponed mine to Q1 2024. Waiting for info on Base and GT versions, and for initial problems to be ironed out. I’ve left my deposits in place. Getting something else next month to run in 2023 alongside my Evora and Exige.

My Emira had been built and would have been delivered in Dec or Jan. It was “orphaned” and offered to people further down the queue. It’s out there somewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back