I'm out - the cancellations thread

I've pretty much given up on any US delivery until Q4 2023. I guess i'll start looking to buy something else.

I’m increasingly leaning towards a M3 Touring and upgrade my wife’s car to a Tesla, instead of Emira plus my EV daily….

Lotus is making this too easy….

I’ve postponed mine to Q1 2024. Waiting for info on Base and GT versions, and for initial problems to be ironed out. I’ve left my deposits in place. Getting something else next month to run in 2023 alongside my Evora and Exige.

My Emira had been built and would have been delivered in Dec or Jan. It was “orphaned” and offered to people further down the queue. It’s out there somewhere.
A very sensible decision, did you fancy the I4?

I am out, waiting for refund. McLaren being delivered tomorrow can not wait.
254BDC77-47F0-4E3F-963C-978CA8F3EC97.jpeg
96F1E3DC-D33B-4A6C-8AEC-D9D849BD4E09.jpeg
6BAD6E9E-C931-4C62-A2EE-3E155BEC207E.jpeg

What is that thing? Never heard of it. Like a Morgan?
Like an American spin on a Morgan 3 wheeler, yes. Not a copy, just a similar concept.

The recent gas ones are powered by a GM Ecotec LFV 1.5L turbo motor. The one Cory has a deposit on is an EV.

Last edited:
It's been real, it's been fun but it hasn't been real fun.

Today was the last straw. Leaving here with a salute to those people sticking by.

In some people's advanced age you would think they would not tolerate this from Lotus, but I digress.

Best of luck to everyone!

Cheers.

Today was the last straw. Leaving here with a salute to those people sticking by.

In some people's advanced age you would think they would not tolerate this from Lotus, but I digress.

Cheers.
We're you able to get your deposit back with ease? (I think you're in the usa)

Cheers.
You made a good decision I think…. After seeing Lotus HQ charging overs, yet they cancelled other people’s orders on here for the exact same reason. Which at the time, I understood that as a sign of not wanting to gouge the customer and honour their word towards pricing. With a two year waiting list of over 10k people waiting for an Emira there is no reason they should be listing orphaned cars. The cracks are showing. I believe nothing this terrible management team says or puts out. They should be ashamed and replaced.

You made a good decision I think…. After seeing Lotus HQ charging overs, yet they cancelled other people’s orders on here for the exact same reason. Which at the time, I understood that as a sign of not wanting to gouge the customer and honour their word towards pricing. With a two year waiting list of over 10k people waiting for an Emira there is no reason they should be listing orphaned cars. The cracks are showing. I believe nothing this terrible management team says or puts out. They should be ashamed and replaced.
Where are lotus hq charging overs for cars?

Im sorry to say that I request my deposit back yesterday. I fell in love with the look of the car and placed my deposit early July 21. Because of the multiple delays each time I got less excited about the car and the poor communication. The latest was due for production in March
V6 AUTO, SENECA BLUE, BLACK PACK, ICE LEATHER, diamond v wheels
As its coming up to a year since I should of received it my circumstances has changed plus in due to receive my Eletre in June.
I hope you all enjoy your Emiras and give me a toot on the horn if you pass a Green Eletra

Im sorry to say that I request my deposit back yesterday. I fell in love with the look of the car and placed my deposit early July 21. Because of the multiple delays each time I got less excited about the car and the poor communication. The latest was due for production in March
As its coming up to a year since I should of received it my circumstances has changed plus in due to receive my Eletre in June.
I hope you all enjoy your Emiras and give me a toot on the horn if you pass a Green Eletra

I will believe Auto deliveries pre June when I see them. .

Not wishing to jinx it and I've been wrong before ... but a very reliable source at Hethel has said 80 autos have been scheduled into build for February and March. These are for several markets, not just UK. So first deliveries could be March/April.

Not wishing to jinx it and I've been wrong before ... but a very reliable source at Hethel has said 80 autos have been scheduled into build for February and March. These are for several markets, not just UK. So first deliveries could be March/April.
my fingers won't cross more than they are at the moment , I dare not ring CS just in case they say its not coming in March.

@Bradw my exact spec

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back