I'm out - the cancellations thread

It’s with a heavy heart but a clear head I cancelled my Emira yesterday. Ordered back on last day of Goodwood 2021 and been patiently waiting like everyone else in here but with the excitement waning by the day. I had my build confirmed for March but alas after the “book a test drive and let us know if you want to make any changes “ email back in November they have still not agreed to them - remove window tint and silver wheels instead of DC. So a combination of delays, false dawns, more delays, poor customer service, hearing the new owner issues/faults mount up and not changing my spec I finally decided to cancel. A special shout out to @TomE for all his his comments, insights and passion - I guess hearing the way you have been treated certainly didn’t bode well either. So what am I going to get now…. I’ve gone for a 718 GT4 …don’t hate me as I may come back in the future to Lotus if they manage to sort themselves out. I wish everyone on here the best with their Emira’s and look forward to seeing them in the wild!

This is the I’m out thread, wait until the Emira forum fun police see this they will delete 🙄

Congratulations btw 👍🏻
🙄
This is the thread where we allow a lot of non Emira and non Lotus posting, despite feedback from some people about that. If people are cancelling, then it’s interesting to know what people are getting instead.

We’re a bit more protective of some of the other threads… :)

It’s with a heavy heart but a clear head I cancelled my Emira yesterday. Ordered back on last day of Goodwood 2021 and been patiently waiting like everyone else in here but with the excitement waning by the day. I had my build confirmed for March but alas after the “book a test drive and let us know if you want to make any changes “ email back in November they have still not agreed to them - remove window tint and silver wheels instead of DC. So a combination of delays, false dawns, more delays, poor customer service, hearing the new owner issues/faults mount up and not changing my spec I finally decided to cancel. A special shout out to @TomE for all his his comments, insights and passion - I guess hearing the way you have been treated certainly didn’t bode well either. So what am I going to get now…. I’ve gone for a 718 GT4 …don’t hate me as I may come back in the future to Lotus if they manage to sort themselves out. I wish everyone on here the best with their Emira’s and look forward to seeing them in the wild!
Totally understandable. I would say that instead of you quitting Lotus that Lotus has quit you, of sorts.

Lotus might be a small player in the auto manufacturing business but there are no valid reasons why they should treat their customers and dealers in the fashion they have.

In this very competitive time in the auto world, Lotus needs to step up and get their act together or go down in history as another failed auto manufacturer, at least as a manufacturer of sports cars. I think Colin Chapman would be horrified if he could see the state of things with the company he built from scratch.

I myself will be ordering a new C8 E-RAY as soon as my dealer has allocations. I may keep my deposit on file for a Lotus for a while longer to see what happens but unfortunately my Emira journey has not turned out the way I had expected. It’s sad, it’s such a great looking car, but it’s starting to look and act like a lemon. I’m now questioning spending $100K+ on such a vehicle.

All the best to you and your 718 GT4, a great car!

Have to admit my test drive was underwhelming…. Didn’t feel 70k plus special and stepping out of my 18yr old C4S felt quite plain.

Now don’t misunderstand me I have had 4 exige S2s from the same dealer I test drive Emira. No doubt desensitised by the constant delays and V6 test drive when I’m i4. But willing to hang in there for a while yet…

Just not special in the way I would hope. Found my head well off the back rest, steering wheel awkward. Transmission drag on V6 tiresome and waiting for supercharger delight to late in the day to the point 70mph soon found and play stopped.

On well I still believe but hanging onto the i4 being a different animal

Oh god! I’m also looking for an orange one, I’m very f***ing envious!
While test-driving an orange 2021 Evora GT, I entered an intersection with an elderly driver sitting at the light in an orange 570S. They are amazing but not superior to the Evora in the handling department. Acceleration? Well, yes the 570S is a rocketship, so....

Last edited:
Have to admit my test drive was underwhelming…. Didn’t feel 70k plus special and stepping out of my 18yr old C4S felt quite plain.

Now don’t misunderstand me I have had 4 exige S2s from the same dealer I test drive Emira. No doubt desensitised by the constant delays and V6 test drive when I’m i4. But willing to hang in there for a while yet…

Just not special in the way I would hope. Found my head well off the back rest, steering wheel awkward. Transmission drag on V6 tiresome and waiting for supercharger delight to late in the day to the point 70mph soon found and play stopped.

On well I still believe but hanging onto the i4 being a different animal
It is, less power, similar weight and sounds worse 🤣
I think if you were as disappointed with the v6 as you sound I'd be surprised if the i4 brings you round, can't see it feeling significantly more "special"

While test-driving an orange 2021 Evora GT, I entered an intersection with an elderly driver sitting at the light in an orange 570S. They are amazing but not superior to the Evora in the handling department. Acceleration? Well, yes the 570S is a rocketship, so....
To be honest an Evora is what I was looking at before the Emira was announced. I probably should have got one, and I’m sure that’s what I will get after scratching the “super car” itch for a year or so.

After 18 months of waiting for my Emira I finally cancelled the order today. I appreciate the feedback from early recipients and hope that the outstanding issues soon get resolved. Living an hour and a half from the nearest Lotus dealer made me realise that I couldn’t cope with some of the issues that have been discussed on this forum. The quality control during production and PDI is not up to standard and cars are being delivered with numerous faults. Hopefully this will improve over time but I am not prepared to take the risk.

After 18 months of waiting for my Emira I finally cancelled the order today. I appreciate the feedback from early recipients and hope that the outstanding issues soon get resolved. Living an hour and a half from the nearest Lotus dealer made me realise that I couldn’t cope with some of the issues that have been discussed on this forum. The quality control during production and PDI is not up to standard and cars are being delivered with numerous faults. Hopefully this will improve over time but I am not prepared to take the risk.
How many miles were you planning to drive the car? If 12,000 per year, perhaps an LC500 would be ideal, especially if "bulletproof" is your goal.

A well maintained used Porsche 981 Cayman have earned a reputation of being pretty "bulletproof"....

I understand the concerns of spending $90K on a new vehicle that is not reliable, given the small Lotus dealer network. However, I am expecting Lotus to sort things out over the next year +/-. Thus maybe waiting a year or 2 might be a more prudent path... and pick up a used Cayman to hold you over till the Emira is ready for Prime Time.
:)

Comparison at the front..............

59868193_2206496282800920_6227430875273887744_n.jpg

Hi everyone. I reserved a first edition Emira before Goodwood festival of speed, two years ago and still I don’t have my car. I only managed to test drive a demo car last weekend and I was quite impressed with the car’s handling and feedback through the steering.

Whilst getting the family car serviced at BMW a few weeks ago, I got chatting to a sales guy who tempted me into test driving an M4 Competition with carbon fibre trim. I have to say, although not quite the same type of car as the Emira, it left a better impression on me. It’s such a pleasure to drive and the cabin is well constructed. The dealership offered me the demo car 24 hours so I could take my time to see if I liked the car.

I know it’s not naturally aspirated being a twin turbo V8 and the fact that it plays artificial engine noise Into the cabin during acceleration. It has xDrive (BMW’s 4 wheel drive) which makes it surefooted. I have to confess, despite not initially liking the front grill, the car has slowly won me over.

£91,000 new price but I got offered a deal at £81,000 including the Ultimate Pack (an £11k option) which includes carbon fibre, seats and trim and lots of other goodies. Its not too dissimilar to the Emira price, and it’s available new now.

I want to wish everyone the best of luck with their Emira orders. I hope you all enjoy driving your cars. The journey has taken too long for me.

Hi everyone. I reserved a first edition Emira before Goodwood festival of speed, two years ago and still I don’t have my car. I only managed to test drive a demo car last weekend and I was quite impressed with the car’s handling and feedback through the steering.

Whilst getting the family car serviced at BMW a few weeks ago, I got chatting to a sales guy who tempted me into test driving an M4 Competition with carbon fibre trim. I have to say, although not quite the same type of car as the Emira, it left a better impression on me. It’s such a pleasure to drive and the cabin is well constructed. The dealership offered me the demo car 24 hours so I could take my time to see if I liked the car.

I know it’s not naturally aspirated being a twin turbo V8 and the fact that it plays artificial engine noise Into the cabin during acceleration. It has xDrive (BMW’s 4 wheel drive) which makes it surefooted. I have to confess, despite not initially liking the front grill, the car has slowly won me over.

£91,000 new price but I got offered a deal at £81,000 including the Ultimate Pack (an £11k option) which includes carbon fibre, seats and trim and lots of other goodies. Its not too dissimilar to the Emira price, and it’s available new now.

I want to wish everyone the best of luck with their Emira orders. I hope you all enjoy driving your cars. The journey has taken too long for me.
Congrats on your purchase. A real car trumps a promised car any day.

It has been a long sea voyage waiting for our Emiras and I’m getting sea sick!

Enjoy your new M4.

...though it is a twin turbo straight 6 👍🏻

IMG_6694 (1).jpeg

Another one that's jumped ship to McLaren here! I absolutely love it but there have been a few teething issues in the first few weeks to take the shine off it slightly.

I haven't been on the forum that much recently and not wishing to go off topic, but @TomE do you still not have your car yet?!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back