I'm out - the cancellations thread

I can vouch for the Vantage, 300 miles in and very happy with it. Received my ‘lock in’ email the same day my deposit was returned this week, even though I’d been told I was locked in for the past year. Crazy. I can recommend Leeds Aston, 2 year warranty and service.
Very nice, I'd looked at that one myself funnily enough but we are hanging on for the Emira....for now. Hopefully see you and the Vantage around, not many in that colour around here 💥

I think you had one of the Launch Edition Evoras? So you know what getting an early car potentially entails. Good luck with the Vantage vs 570 decision and hope to see you back in a Lotus at some point.
My Launch Evora was actually pretty good - a few gremlins but not that much. Worst was the gearbox exploding after the 3 yr warranty expired - but Lotus provided a goodwill replacement free of charge. I cannot imagine Lotus 2.0 doing that.

I was wavering again this morning but now just sent the email so no turning back.

My Launch Evora was actually pretty good - a few gremlins but not that much. Worst was the gearbox exploding after the 3 yr warranty expired - but Lotus provided a goodwill replacement free of charge. I cannot imagine Lotus 2.0 doing that.

I was wavering again this morning but now just sent the email so no turning back.
Evora "gearbox exploding"?! 😧 Could you please clarify?! 😳

Evora "gearbox exploding"?! 😧 Could you please clarify?! 😳

read here in this link below - so looking back it was actually 5 yrs old and Lotus gave me a new gearbox which i think is pretty good customer service. Basically, this affected a few of the early launch evoras with a close ratio box for some reason - i genuinely dont think its anything to worry about and as proof, i bought 2 more evoras after that one.

Placed deposit on this today and could not be more excited.

Thought long about a 570 and really tempted but this fits my lifestyle better

Hoping to keep me Elise S1 alongside it.

Attachments

• 9B4AB217-7B00-4B4D-8187-5324192217C9.jpeg
    9B4AB217-7B00-4B4D-8187-5324192217C9.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 238

Vantage. Nice. That was on the list for a lot of folks. Just like the 570 S or in my case GT. I’m still holding out hope that my career has one more boost in it and I’ll have them all.

I placed a deposit on a 570 last year but got scared off by none official McLaren warranty. Ended up going GT4 but have to admit they look awesome and drive magnificently.

Been keeping a close eye on them could be tempted back with a rock solid warranty

Even though I test drove the vantage and bought an R8 instead, I’m still feeling pangs of jealousy- this looks stunning!!

I cancelled my order and the dealer will refund my deposit. Honestly I’m a fan of the Emira FE but I was becoming more and more unsettled with LoGus’ extremely poor communication and uncertainty of when my car will go into production and be delivered. And all this after the factory accepted my build spec. The dealer has been great in that he was passing in the what the US rep was telling him which wasn’t much. Very sad how Lotus is managing their communication with their customers.

Even though I test drove the vantage and bought an R8 instead, I’m still feeling pangs of jealousy- this looks stunning!!
Did a deal and paid deposit unseen in person - went to see it Saturday and it is truly stunning - its 4 yrs old and has 2600 miles on it !!! genuinely like new. And the noise omg!
Can’t wait to collect it.
I remember I was this excited about getting an emira 12 months ago !

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back