I'm out - the cancellations thread

Did a deal and paid deposit unseen in person - went to see it Saturday and it is truly stunning - its 4 yrs old and has 2600 miles on it !!! genuinely like new. And the noise omg!
Can’t wait to collect it.
I remember I was this excited about getting an emira 12 months ago !
Wow such low mileage she’s hardly run in lol when do you collect the beauty …..

Did a deal and paid deposit unseen in person - went to see it Saturday and it is truly stunning - its 4 yrs old and has 2600 miles on it !!! genuinely like new. And the noise omg!
The Vantage makes you feel a million dollars, a real sense of occasion, good buy.

Very similar. 2020, 5000 miles. Went down in my battered van after I paid a deposit online. Best car I’ve had (911, TVR, M4, fast AUDI’s). Enjoy, make sure the towing eye and inflation kit are there, mine were missing but were sent next day delivery after one call.

View attachment 22472

Another one that's jumped ship to McLaren here! I absolutely love it but there have been a few teething issues in the first few weeks to take the shine off it slightly.

I haven't been on the forum that much recently and not wishing to go off topic, but @TomE do you still not have your car yet?!
Love it! I’ve formally cancelled today, I’d made my mind up a little while ago but I’m looking at getting into a McLaren as well for the interim at least.

Hopefully look back at the Emira in a year or so when/if there’s a GT or a cup version in the future!

Love it! I’ve formally cancelled today, I’d made my mind up a little while ago but I’m looking at getting into a McLaren as well for the interim at least.

Hopefully look back at the Emira in a year or so when/if there’s a GT or a cup version in the future!
Coming back in a couple of years is probably not a bad shout at all 😊

Put your 4k in now thou just so you’re in the mix.

Time to join this thread sadly.
Original order start of Sept 21, delivery ETA moved from Q4 2022 to Jan 23 to Q1 23 to now informed a few weeks ago of July 23 followed by the email informing me of the price increase a week later.
I hate to say 'on principle' but the price hike was the nail in the coffin, my girlfriend and I decided given the delays on Lotus' end have in effect created an increased purchase price with or without MW's video promise, all things being considered its not a car company we'd like to buy from.

In the meantime I've had a Toyota GR86 delivered and after the test drive of the Emira on Saturday its a beautiful thing and the driving experience was brilliant, but for road driving and for the price I felt the GR86 covered what I want from an enjoyable road sports car, lots of fun at almost any speed. Combine that with my 987 Boxster Spyder for summer/special days means I think my driving bases are covered and £85k can go towards a few other toys when space allows :)
All the best

I’m another cancellation I’m afraid. Like many in Sep 2022, my i4 order went back to August 2023 delivery. I was fed up and decided to look for my dream car. Not long after I had an almost perfectly specced R8 V10+ with 6,300 miles on In my garage. I feel like I’m in supercar heaven. I can’t wait for the better weather to come. I kept the Emira deposit down until last week when I finally sent the cancellation email. I still have my exige 410 but I will probably list it for sale in the spring.
Lotus have refunded the £3000 but I haven’t received the first £2000 deposit yet. Is this normal?
I still love the Lotus brand and the exige s3’s. I may even have a look at the Emira again in 2 or 3 years.

I’m another cancellation I’m afraid. Like many in Sep 2022, my i4 order went back to August 2023 delivery. I was fed up and decided to look for my dream car. Not long after I had an almost perfectly specced R8 V10+ with 6,300 miles on In my garage. I feel like I’m in supercar heaven. I can’t wait for the better weather to come. I kept the Emira deposit down until last week when I finally sent the cancellation email. I still have my exige 410 but I will probably list it for sale in the spring.
Lotus have refunded the £3000 but I haven’t received the first £2000 deposit yet. Is this normal?
I still love the Lotus brand and the exige s3’s. I may even have a look at the Emira again in 2 or 3 years.
Sorry to hear. If you decide to sell your Exige then do list it on Marketplace on here, I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest.

Sorry to hear. If you decide to sell your Exige then do list it on Marketplace on here, I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest.
Tom
Where do I find marketplace ?

Here:

The default forum homepage shows you recent threads and posts. You can get to the list of all sub-forums by clicking the Forums menu button or here:

Which McLaren model? I feel like the 570GT is the closest to cost and features, albeit used.

Sadly, I emailed my dealer today to refund my deposit(s). I didn't think it would come to this for me.

A combination of angst over reported issues and stress, both emotionally and financially, ultimately led me to it and made me lose confidence, regrettably.

However, as a silver lining, at least I have now confirmed for myself some 18 months later, that quality and reliability are my highest valued attributes in a car, closely followed by beauty in design. Otherwise, it's hard to sleep every night, especially at this higher price range. Something much less would be more tolerable.

I have enjoyed all of you on this site and will stick around to hear how it works out for all of you. Hoping the best! As for me, I'll keep the S2000 and on to the Ducati for riding season coming up soon! 🏍️

Yet another one. 18 months in with at least another 6 to go and they still push it back each time I hear from them. The price rise was the end of it. I'm bored of the stress of wondering if/when it'll ever appear and I just can't justify committing that much money any longer (building work starts in 4 weeks....) so I'm moving on. Once the larger garage is built I'll find something else interesting to fill the extra space. Maybe there'll be an Emira in there at some point alongside my Cerbera - the Emira is brilliant, driving it grabbed me much more than an Evora - but not for a while. Sad times, but the TVR will cheer me up.

And to all of those with more patience than I, enjoy! 🙂

Yet another one. 18 months in with at least another 6 to go and they still push it back each time I hear from them. The price rise was the end of it. I'm bored of the stress of wondering if/when it'll ever appear and I just can't justify committing that much money any longer (building work starts in 4 weeks....) so I'm moving on. Once the larger garage is built I'll find something else interesting to fill the extra space. Maybe there'll be an Emira in there at some point alongside my Cerbera - the Emira is brilliant, driving it grabbed me much more than an Evora - but not for a while. Sad times, but the TVR will cheer me up.

And to all of those with more patience than I, enjoy! 🙂
That’s a shame, the frustrations with delays have been a bit too much at times and the price increase is really badly timed and implemented to say the least. As a fellow Cerbera owner I’m hoping my emira will be in the garage soon having just completed the checkout. Will see how the Lotus experience pans out while I’m waiting for something else to arrive.

That’s a shame, the frustrations with delays have been a bit too much at times and the price increase is really badly timed and implemented to say the least. As a fellow Cerbera owner I’m hoping my emira will be in the garage soon having just completed the checkout. Will see how the Lotus experience pans out while I’m waiting for something else to arrive.
Awesome, you easily beat the price rise at least. It's a very different beast, a fine complement to the Cerb I think. I hope you get delivery soon and it's so good you don't need anything else 😁

Which McLaren model? I feel like the 570GT is the closest to cost and features, albeit used.
Either a 570s or a GT. I’m not overly fussed, the extra storage space in the GT would be nice but not a deal breaker. To be honest I’ve also looked at a couple of 540c I really like this one - https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14582259

My only criteria really is, a loud colour, nose lift, eligible for McWarranty and ideally a post 2017 car. I just want one that has been driven and looked after.

Either a 570s or a GT. I’m not overly fussed, the extra storage space in the GT would be nice but not a deal breaker. To be honest I’ve also looked at a couple of 540c I really like this one - https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14582259

My only criteria really is, a loud colour, nose lift, eligible for McWarranty and ideally a post 2017 car. I just want one that has been driven and looked after.
I'm thinking about cancelling too and also looked at the McClarens on pistonheads. I have heard they are very expensive to maintain with main dealers but there are some independents you can use for servicing now. I think I'll probably go for a Cayman Gt4 as want more of a track car and I have had good experiences with other Porsches for reliability/running costs.......unlike the Italian cars I have owned (355, Gallardo) which had a remarkable ability to generate bills from even routine items....

I'll probably go for a Cayman Gt4 as want more of a track car and I have had good experiences with other Porsches for reliability/running costs
Can't argue with that. Makes sense to me.

Mind you, I am now hitting bends in anger and am quite frankly blown away by the cornering speeds. Makes me giggle. It is shocking. It might be an 'illusion' but it feels more comfortable round a bend at speed than the Exige did and that was lighter. Weird.

I have a suspicion that the Emira, in mortal hands, will be amazing on track.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back