I'm out - the cancellations thread

That looks fantastic!

My Emira was built and ready in December. After test drives I decided to postpone, wait for info on Base Edition and GT then decide which way to go. I have deposits in place for build slots in Q1 2024.

I’m buying something else to run alongside the Exige and Evora in 2023, arriving 5 March. It’s not German!

That looks fantastic!

My Emira was built and ready in December. After test drives I decided to postpone, wait for info on Base Edition and GT then decide which way to go. I have deposits in place for build slots in Q1 2024.

I’m buying something else to run alongside the Exige and Evora in 2023, arriving 5 March. It’s not German!
Tom have you ever done anything Porsche ?

That looks fantastic!

I'll look forward to finding out what that is!

That looks fantastic!

Tom, you’re such a tease 😂

Tom have you ever done anything Porsche ?
I’ve driven several, including track days and advanced driving course but never owned one. When I bought my Evora in 2011 I was weighing that up against a 911 or DB9, as I needed rear seats.

Reactions: DJS
I’ve driven several, including track days and advanced driving course but never owned one. When I bought my Evora in 2011 I was weighing that up against a 911 or DB9, as I needed rear seats.
Arrived this week. Very happy with performance and look, first Porsche service has been amazing from non agent model. Flowers for the wife, special display box for keys and personal photo frame of car being delivered.

Attachments

• EFA02136-3722-49F8-9F7B-22624C58FE3B.jpeg
    EFA02136-3722-49F8-9F7B-22624C58FE3B.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 193
  • C8F541D8-CE02-4A67-ABA1-C78BA49D1572.jpeg
    C8F541D8-CE02-4A67-ABA1-C78BA49D1572.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 7D9F34DC-ED0F-418C-B65E-7C01BC28ABE9.jpeg
    7D9F34DC-ED0F-418C-B65E-7C01BC28ABE9.jpeg
    395.1 KB · Views: 192
Arrived this week. Very happy with performance and look, first Porsche service has been amazing from non agent model. Flowers for the wife, special display box for keys and personal photo frame of car being delivered.
It’s really not difficult is it, just those little touches make all the difference. When I bought my Cayman my wife was given a Jo Malone candle. She was delighted and even now jokes about me getting another Porsche so she can have another candle.

After much deliberation I have decided to pull out of the Emira.
Check out email received yesterday so a DV car likely to be offered down the queue I guess.

Still torn between a Vantage or 570 - loved both on the test drives so whatever I find first I guess.
Good luck to those keeping faith - I will hang around for a while and after 6 consecutive Lotus cars this is a difficult break but will probably look again at Lotus in a couple of years.

I think you had one of the Launch Edition Evoras? So you know what getting an early car potentially entails. Good luck with the Vantage vs 570 decision and hope to see you back in a Lotus at some point.

After much deliberation I have decided to pull out of the Emira.
Check out email received yesterday so a DV car likely to be offered down the queue I guess.

Still torn between a Vantage or 570 - loved both on the test drives so whatever I find first I guess.
Good luck to those keeping faith - I will hang around for a while and after 6 consecutive Lotus cars this is a difficult break but will probably look again at Lotus in a couple of years.
I can vouch for the Vantage, 300 miles in and very happy with it. Received my ‘lock in’ email the same day my deposit was returned this week, even though I’d been told I was locked in for the past year. Crazy. I can recommend Leeds Aston, 2 year warranty and service.

Attachments

• F25F0C78-8C68-45F2-AE0B-36052F81186F.jpeg
    F25F0C78-8C68-45F2-AE0B-36052F81186F.jpeg
    436.6 KB · Views: 199
My wife is a big James Bond fan and she would definitely approve of a Vantage in the garage. Car and Driver is correct to describe it as achingly beautiful. I may scratch that itch later down the line.

I can vouch for the Vantage, 300 miles in and very happy with it. Received my ‘lock in’ email the same day my deposit was returned this week, even though I’d been told I was locked in for the past year. Crazy. I can recommend Leeds Aston, 2 year warranty and service.
Wow looks just like the new Nissan Z. I guess Nissan copied.

I was just sitting by, watching the process go on endlessly with my original date of Q1/2 2022 being stretched to Q2 2024. Cue lots of issues with early deliveries etc. and my enthusiasm declined, especially due to the lack of a test drive, the Parks car is still off the road, no contact from them for two weeks after my long awaited but cancelled drive?
Suddenly, I received a Lotus email shortly after, advising that my Magma/Ice Grey V6 Auto would be built in July?
At this point, panic ensued, how have they sorted the issues in this short period?
In the interregnum twixt launch and today there's been plenty of time to look at alternatives and I've now ordered a Porsche.
I'll still take the test drive, whenever it occurs, if Lotus/Parks can decide whether the replacement for their dead Magma car is a showroom Queen or a demo car. Talk about organising a PU in a brewery, this lot are hopeless.
Yours in Sadness
Colin

I was just sitting by, watching the process go on endlessly with my original date of Q1/2 2022 being stretched to Q2 2024. Cue lots of issues with early deliveries etc. and my enthusiasm declined, especially due to the lack of a test drive, the Parks car is still off the road, no contact from them for two weeks after my long awaited but cancelled drive?
Suddenly, I received a Lotus email shortly after, advising that my Magma/Ice Grey V6 Auto would be built in July?
At this point, panic ensued, how have they sorted the issues in this short period?
In the interregnum twixt launch and today there's been plenty of time to look at alternatives and I've now ordered a Porsche.
I'll still take the test drive, whenever it occurs, if Lotus/Parks can decide whether the replacement for their dead Magma car is a showroom Queen or a demo car. Talk about organising a PU in a brewery, this lot are hopeless.
Yours in Sadness
Colin

I know a week or two ago Parks had a Nimbus car they were doing some test drives with at an event in Aberdeen, not sure if you could get a drive booked in that car now?

I know a week or two ago Parks had a Nimbus car they were doing some test drives with at an event in Aberdeen, not sure if you could get a drive booked in that car now?
Thanks. Yes, a couple of weeks ago I called Parks and the non-Lotus guy said the Nimbus car had arrived the day before but they didn't know whether it was for showroom display or demo and they would call me back to arrange a drive if it was for demo purposes.
So far no call.
C

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back