I'm out - the cancellations thread

You must of missed this
OK...but did you pay for it or did Porsche? I've never had the pleasure of owning a GT3, but I'll tell you... Even with the engine issues, I'd love to have the opportunity! Came close, but then the market went insane.
Again...I've never once said thee are auto makers out there who are immune to problems. They don't exist. Shown me where I've ever said that.
What I have said is that the issues with the Emira require a much more difficult process for repairs just due to lack of dealerships and length of time to get parts. And honestly, some of the issues that are happening (without a fix in sight! Ehem windshield wipers!) do not seem like they should come from a company who's been building cars for over 60 years. Especially when the car is borrowing a lot of internals from another well known marque.

Yeah I’d never buy a 991.1 GT3 unless it’s had a revised engine put in that fixed the finger follower issue. Those cars are about to come out of 10 year warranty too.

Every car has it's issues... 718 4.0 needed engine replacements due to con rod failures for example. The point I was trying to make was that Lexus is the gold standard in terms of reliability. However if you want reliability, exciting driving dynamics and an automotive soul all on the same level you would need to buy an LFA.

No other manufacturer would spend 1 billion to develop a car and then sell it at a loss just to prove they could make an exciting car. Some will be more reliable than others, but what makes a car reliable usually is perfecting a formula over many model years.
As for the LC500 - It is a more boring than other sports cars, but as a GT car it is very very good. That V8 engine is a dinosaur, an extremely reliable dinosaur. (if this was my only car, I would probably buy an LC500 or a 911)

This automotive engineer basically breaks down what I am saying. This does not just apply to Toyota/lexus

Let’s also not forget all the 2GR-FE issues with vvti and the rubber oil hose.

Actually you described it perfectly. It floats and tilts like a barge at high seas. I was behind one in my GTR and it was so unsettled in the corners I thought it was going to rollover. I was laughing hysterically, it was that bad.
Well, I've driven (each for over 100 miles) a McLaren 570S, a Porsche 911 4S, and 2022 Corvette (among many others) and unless you are driving around like someone who wants to be arrested, there is no way the average driver would say the LC wallows like a 1975 Cadillac - not even close. In fact, I'd say the LC was more like my 2001 Corvette in handling.

Well, I've driven (each for over 100 miles) a McLaren 570S, a Porsche 911 4S, and 2022 Corvette (among many others) and unless you are driving around like someone who wants to be arrested, there is no way the average driver would say the LC wallows like a 1975 Cadillac - not even close. In fact, I'd say the LC was more like my 2001 Corvette in handling.
Whatever floats you boat;)

Whatever floats you boat;)
Nailed it! Everyone has their own wants, needs, and desires. I like to experience a variety of different cars. I don't keep them long, even though that's my hope every time I get a new one 🤣
I've always been afraid the LC 500 would bore me too quickly (which happens to me quite frequently anyway). I also don't like the "old man car" stereotype associated with it as I'm neither old, nor a man. But for some reason, I keep going back to these. They are unique.
I plan to drive one this weekend again just to see if it stays on my list or drops off for good.

**special thanks to Tom for letting us get off track a bit 😊

I am strongly considering switching my GT53 for an LC 500. May not wait for the Emira. The most bothersome factor for me, is, that the closest dealer is close to 1000km(>600 miles) of travel.

Anyone (in the UK) considered buying a 'used' one before cancelling? There are 26 on Autotrader - some with delivery miles (how did that happen?), and surprisingly, some have been there a few weeks now. Must confess I have thought about it, but the spec I could live with has not yet come up yet (nimbus with black interior, no blackpack, no black wheels) and the biggy is I want the i4. Most are not asking looney price markups and you beat the queue.

Anyone (in the UK) considered buying a 'used' one before cancelling? There are 26 on Autotrader - some with delivery miles (how did that happen?), and surprisingly, some have been there a few weeks now. Must confess I have thought about it, but the spec I could live with has not yet come up yet (nimbus with black interior, no blackpack, no black wheels) and the biggy is I want the i4. Most are not asking looney price markups and you beat the queue.
A lot of those cars are either clever flippers (or at least they thought they were clever) and a lot of unwanted cars that people stayed in for while they have made other arrangements due to the ridiculous wait. I would have thought there will be a few more going on Auto Trader before this settles down, this is why the car is not going for massive overs, on top of this most of these cars are the really early cars which will probably need most attention with all the niggles.

Another reason why they are not selling in the short term is most of the people in the market for an Emira are already in and waiting, Im guessing you'll see these 26 cars on AT go up in the near future then dwindle away as the car becomes more sort after back end of the year early 2024 when the public have seen them in the flesh.

I think its clear the Emira will deprecate as normal especially here in the UK but I do think it will do well in the USA.

Last edited:
With 26 cars on Autotrader given that UK deliveries are now at a greater pace I'm not worried. It's not gone up substantially in the last couple of months. I would expect most are selling at the £82-83k mark which isn't too bad.

I've been watching the 2nd hand market closely as was either considering getting a delivery miles car near my spec or actually cancelling my post-price-increase order which is slated as June 23 mfr / July 23 delivery as I didn't want to be at least 5k out of bed with the car if I wanted to move it on soonish.

However, I rang around some dealers and have managed to get a cancelled order unregistered car in my exact spec (save the calliper colour which the dealer will respray for me before delivery) for May delivery at the pre-price increase level.

This means I can run the car for a couple of months and decide whether it's a keeper, and not loose my shirt on it. Remember DVLA will refund part of the first year RFL so even if I accept a bid at £78k one week after delivery I'm not out of pocket.

I've had to put a second deposit down and will cancel my June car later once it's in my hands, but just done checkout (which confirms the price) and expect it to be here in two weeks.

Good to hear you've managed to pick up one of the cancelled cars. I heard several dealers had access to these but dealers and Lotus were keeping quiet about it so as not to annoy existing depositors.

Don't get mad get even. Get on the phone there's still time to get cars locked in before the end of the month. Birmingham has two and Notts have a yellow one.

Some of the dealers I spoke to said Lotus was making them sell the cancelled cars at post-increase rates but I double double checked on mine and as long as it's done before end of month you're inside the window. My checkout reflected the pre-price rise OTR price.

Yes one parked next to me in my building Great looking just not worth $250k View attachment 26192
Love the GT. I’m considering this John Player Special I saw. Been on display forever though. 259 on the odometer. I do love the interior and those gold rims. Will cancel the Emira if I pull the trigger.

Attachments

• IMG_7478.png
    IMG_7478.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 115
Love the GT. I’m considering this John Player Special I saw. Been on display forever though. 259 on the odometer. I do love the interior and those gold rims. Will cancel the Emira if I pull the trigger.
That is one sweet car. Buy it. I know 2 guys in TX that have JPS Evora but not GT.

I can't see why an Emira would fetch over list!? Its not THAT spectacular or the best alternative to...?

I have Range Rover Sport on order, coming in August...they sell over list, but would not sell mine as the test-drive was simply FANTASTIC! Not so with Emira.

Life is very simple...something really good people want, not so good let's leave it.

I looked at that one in MA closely too (I’ve got an order in for a DV 6sp Emira and figured that it would be a nice fill-in til my car comes in next year, then I’d trade it/sell it). My reasons for not pulling the trigger on it: 1. even though almost no miles, the warranty is almost gone. 2. compared to the Emira, it’s not even close in the looks/sexiness/design department. 3. the interior build and quality and comfort and modern convenience? Not even close! 4. they want considerably more money for all those deficits than a fully loaded out Emira FE. therefore, I passed on it.

I looked at that one in MA closely too (I’ve got an order in for a DV 6sp Emira and figured that it would be a nice fill-in til my car comes in next year, then I’d trade it/sell it). My reasons for not pulling the trigger on it: 1. even though almost no miles, the warranty is almost gone. 2. compared to the Emira, it’s not even close in the looks/sexiness/design department. 3. the interior build and quality and comfort and modern convenience? Not even close! 4. they want considerably more money for all those deficits than a fully loaded out Emira FE. therefore, I passed on it.
I’m the same but I have some concerns about being able to tune the Emira up to the HP and acceleration of the GT even though they are the same powertrain.

Also, what good is new car warranty if the damn thing doesn’t work. I want piece of mind not free shop parts and labor.

Anyone see the new Maserati MC20? It’s the best of Lotus: the looks of the Evora, the doors of the Evija, and the reliability of the Emira. View attachment 26189

Yes I have one. BEST BEST car I have ever owned. All Ferraris are gone, GT3 Manual is going. This is a GOOD CAR! Breaths like a Lotus, has tons! of character. Blowing /whistling turbos, super beautiful cabin, all carbon tub. ABSOLUTE BARGAIN for what you get!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back