I'm out - the cancellations thread

Yes I have one. BEST BEST car I have ever owned. All Ferraris are gone, GT3 Manual is going. This is a GOOD CAR! Breaths like a Lotus, has tons! of character. Blowing /whistling turbos, super beautiful cabin, all carbon tub. ABSOLUTE BARGAIN for what you get!
Just curious, but have you ever owned an Acura NSX? It is said to be far more reliable than any other exotic car.

Just curious, but have you ever owned an Acura NSX? It is said to be far more reliable than any other exotic car.
Funny story - in 1990 I bought a lightly used (9k miles) 1985 Turbo Esprit (red with tan interior. It was amazing looking). This was the very last year of the turbo-carbureted engine combo (next year they went to fuel injection). I was CONSTANTLY fiddling with the car to keep everything working, and it performing properly. But when it was in tune and running strong, it was fantastic. Fast forward to 1993; I got it into my head that I should go to the local Acura dealer, as they had a used 1991 NSX for sale (20k miles on it). I took it for a thorough test drive. By the time I got back to the dealer, I was ready to get in my Turbo Esprit (which I had brought to trade) and drive home. The General Manager of the dealership asked me why didn’t I like the NSX? I told him that I felt that the NSX was undoubtably the better car, but that my Turbo Esprit was the better exotic car. The NSX just didn’t thrill me like the Lotus; it was too clinical and boring and soulless. I wish I had never sold that Turbo! (see pic from a longggg time ago at a local autocross in it)
1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit.jpeg

Funny story - in 1990 I bought a lightly used (9k miles) 1985 Turbo Esprit (red with tan interior. It was amazing looking). This was the very last year of the turbo-carbureted engine combo (next year they went to fuel injection). I was CONSTANTLY fiddling with the car to keep everything working, and it performing properly. But when it was in tune and running strong, it was fantastic. Fast forward to 1993; I got it into my head that I should go to the local Acura dealer, as they had a used 1991 NSX for sale (20k miles on it). I took it for a thorough test drive. By the time I got back to the dealer, I was ready to get in my Turbo Esprit (which I had brought to trade) and drive home. The General Manager of the dealership asked me why didn’t I like the NSX? I told him that I felt that the NSX was undoubtably the better car, but that my Turbo Esprit was the better exotic car. The NSX just didn’t thrill me like the Lotus; it was too clinical and boring and soulless. I wish I had never sold that Turbo! (see pic from a longggg time ago at a local autocross in it)
View attachment 26551
Interesting story. I heard similar stories about C3 Corvette owners with triple carburetors that had to be balanced just right. I had a 1968 Corvette for almost 22 years. It had an upgraded suspension and a ZZ3 crate engine, Doug Thorley headers, and no power steering and windows. And although I met many former owners who said they'd wished that they never sold theirs, I enentually realized why they did. As the years went by, I got tired of replacing brake light switches, tach drive cables, gauges, starter motors, and finding a good carburetor tuner. I will never say that I wished I had never sold it, but I am glad I had it for many years. New "adventures" await, and my bucket lists get heavier. :)

I`m done. I`ve never known a company to work so hard to destroy customer confidence and belief in a brand.

I`ve had enough this week after trying for two weeks to get through to customer care team as web chat couldn`t help. Over 6 hours in total on hold, 6 voicemails left as you can`t` hold longer than 30 minutes and 7 call-backs attempted via their I`ll call you back service. Oh and 2 emails ignored.

Was due a November build but that would probably slip as i can`t get hold of CC to ask questions to confirm my configuration.

I`m done and i`m out, requesting my deposit back tomorrow. I was an advocate of the brand, this has destroyed my confidence in Lotus to deliver when i need them. On reflection i`m surprised it took me this long, if this was any other company i`d stopped using them a long time ago.

Yes I have one. BEST BEST car I have ever owned. All Ferraris are gone, GT3 Manual is going. This is a GOOD CAR! Breaths like a Lotus, has tons! of character. Blowing /whistling turbos, super beautiful cabin, all carbon tub. ABSOLUTE BARGAIN for what you get!
Really? There has been some hesitation, at least in my part of the world, regarding Maserati reliability; even vs Lotus. But not Alpa of course 🙂

And a heavy pig for all that fuzz like carbon tub and all that jazz.

1707kg or 3757 pounds measured, it's 220kg heavier than the Emira:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a39538831/2022-maserati-mc20-by-the-numbers/

But I agree, it's a beutiful car and at least one guy of throttle house really loves it:

Well after nearly 2 years of waiting I pulled the trigger and have bought an Aston DB11 V8 at the weekend. Aston Sevenoaks have been great and with a 2 year warranty and service pack reckon it’s a sound buy. I know it’s been asked over and over but once I’ve emailed cancellation how quick are lotus to refund? I paid via bank transfer both £2k and 3k and haven’t been asked to check out. Such a shame and hope Lotus do well.

Attachments

• 85720698-4888-4FC3-A1E8-0C30CF660B61.jpeg
    85720698-4888-4FC3-A1E8-0C30CF660B61.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 72
I get folks binning out due to reliability issues. I nad a new Kia Stinger GTS for 4 years and apart from a recall to fix a small rattle on the tailgate it was faultless and a dream to drive and own. It cost not far of 1/3 of the Taycan I have now.
The Taycan and the dealer experience has been basically pants. Not at all what I expected. Now the charge port release on the off side is not working and It still wont reliably charge overnight at home. I cant rely on it at all. Its range is rubbish but its a hoot to drive just an amusement.
So fingers crossed I don't have any major issues with my Emira, time will tell and I may end up eating my words.
I was getting frustrated at lack of comms but its just a car so I decided to kick back a bit and let things roll. Thank goodness I did because although not super quick the car is way better than I expected.
The take away from this is that I have the car instead of a lot of bitterness, anguish and maybe regret if I had cancelled.
I'm not having a pop at anyone just hope that it might help others look at the experience from another angle.

Can I please ask 'Is cancellation as simple as emailing [email protected]?'
Also - what other details do you need (I assume receipt number, reservation id, name)?

Last edited:
Can I please ask 'Is cancellation as simple as emailing [email protected]?'
Also - what other details do you need (I assume receipt number, reservation id, name)?
Spoke to customer care they asked for credit card expiry date and I gave them the reservation ID. Sounds like some chaos with spam emails flooding the system.. I’m expecting it to take a week or two… good thing I don’t need funds for my other car

Spoke to customer care they asked for credit card expiry date and I gave them the reservation ID. Sounds like some chaos with spam emails flooding the system.. I’m expecting it to take a week or two… good thing I don’t need funds for my other car
I hope you are not in a hurry. 2 weeks so far and they haven`t even acknowledged my email.

For cancellations I'd suggest phone or web chat and then follow up with email to confirm. Email alone seems to be getting stuck in a black hole at the moment.

You'll need to confirm the credit card used for the original deposit(s) is still valid.

For cancellations I'd suggest phone or web chat and then follow up with email to confirm. Email alone seems to be getting stuck in a black hole at the moment.

You'll need to confirm the credit card used for the original deposit(s) is still valid.
That`s a good thought if they replied. The lad on webchat waited until i had sent the email and even confirmed receipt. Still nothing back, can`t say i`m that surprised. I`ll wait until it`s 21 days and get my solicitor to make contact with them, i can`t be bothered chasing them all over the place anymore.

It`s the dealers i feel sorry for. I dealt with Caffryns and they were all brilliant and continue to be when i`ve spoken with them, even after knowing i`ve cancelled. They are just hamstrung by the rest of the company that`s seriously letting the brand down at the moment.

Thanks Tom and good idea. They appear to have had an influx of spam / junk sent to them and are sifting through these. The chap also seemed to indicate only one person does refunds ! No rush for the £5k I’m pleased to say but should be a little more efficient. I’ll probably get a check out email before the refund at this rate

Thanks Tom and good idea. They appear to have had an influx of spam / junk sent to them and are sifting through these. The chap also seemed to indicate only one person does refunds ! No rush for the £5k I’m pleased to say but should be a little more efficient. I’ll probably get a check out email before the refund at this rate
Could not resist, “no rush” it’s your money and they are earning interest on it.
They need a better IT department to be able to sort the spam out.
Incredibly inefficient operation. Always an excuse for their in efficiency

Could not resist, “no rush” it’s your money and they are earning interest on it.
They need a better IT department to be able to sort the spam out.
Incredibly inefficient operation. Always an excuse for their in efficiency
They (Lotus) don't make anything from the deposits - as they don't see them. They go into a holding account that they can't access.

The bank where the money is however, I'm sure is making a packet...

They (Lotus) don't make anything from the deposits - as they don't see them. They go into a holding account that they can't access.

The bank where the money is however, I'm sure is making a packet...
Are you sure Lotus use some sort of Escrow system, even though Lotus Financial Services are an FCA regulated company?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back