• The August 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 August 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Japan - Emira Ownership (エミーラ納車とその後)

Now I’m back from Gaien.
Big thank you to @virtualmacho san for coming in early morning!
@JaviLM san, maybe next time…! 🙏

note: DV is the beautiful but the hardest colour to take photos😭

Attachments

• IMG_8434.jpeg
    IMG_8434.jpeg
    642.9 KB · Views: 29
IMG_0598 Copy.jpeg

She’s finally here! Took delivery today. First time seeing Nimbus in person, immediately fell in love. Will try to post some initial thoughts later but overall experience is good so far and I just can’t stop looking back after parking the car to admire the lines of the Emira (especially the side profile).

Photo may seem a bit awkward, had to magic erase things out as too many people during daytime to take a decent photo.

Anyway, super excited and happy to finally join the club as a proud owner.

She’s finally here! Took delivery today. First time seeing Nimbus in person, immediately fell in love. Will try to post some initial thoughts later but overall experience is good so far and I just can’t stop looking back after parking the car to admire the lines of the Emira (especially the side profile).
Congrats! Now, just complete break-in and let's go out again!
納車おめでとうございます!慣らしが終わったらまた遊びに行きましょう!
その前に夜中のコレド室町かな?

Just toying with the map apps... This looks like fun, but maybe a bit long? (3h 45m / 102.53km)

東京湾アクアライン ==> 県道163号 ==> 県道93号 ==> 県道88号 ==> 安房グリーンライン
Tokyo Aqua Line ==> Chiba R163 ==> Chiba R93 ==> Chiba R88 ==> Awa Green Line

1. (START) 海ほたるパーキングエリア
  2. 君津グラウンド・ゴルフ場
  3. 九十九谷展望公園
  4. マザー牧場
  5. 関尻郵便局
  6. 株式会社さわらび (千葉県鴨川市金束781)
  7. 道の駅三芳村 鄙の里
  8. 千葉県南房総市千倉町大貫
  9. (GOAL) 名倉海水浴場
1719846119638.png

You will find after a while they loose that snatchy braking at low speeds.

Finally, Emira was delivered on 8/24!
It is the first MR, 6MT in my life!
As Forest san said, the initial braking at low speed is very strong and I also found it difficult to control delicately.
It is quite stressful when driving in traffic.
However, yesterday, I had to part with it for another week or so to have it ceramic coated.

I tried using an aftermarket Android Auto USB to Bluetooth adaptor, and IT WORKS. The unit I bought is the "A2AIR Pro" from "ottocast". Although there are similar products for half the price, I chose this one because it has FCC and Japan "Giteki" certification. They make an iOS version called "U2Air Pro" for those of you with iPhones. Both are available on Amazon, Rakuten and other major online stores.
Android Auto を使うためにスマホを有線接続するのが嫌で気になる商品をポチってみたところ、ちゃんと使えました。半値ぐらいのものが多数あるようですが、Ottocast 社の "A2AIR Pro" は技適取得済と書いてあったのでコレにしました。アマゾンや楽天などでは1万円ちょっとで売られています。また、Apple Carplay 用の "U2AIR Pro" も販売されています。商品名が紛らわしいので要注意です。
View attachment 35335

The kit contains the module, USB cables (for Type-A and Type-C), double sided tape, and a user manual. I selected the Type-A cable, thinking that the ports and connectors are mechanically stronger than Type-C. The double sided tape is extra strong; use with caution. I stuck the module on the underside of the center console lid. No issues with reception from the cup holders and phone tray.
箱には本体、USB ケーブル2種類、両面テープ、説明書が含まれています。両面テープは強力なので位置決めは一発で決めないといけません。ひじ掛けの蓋の裏側に設置して使っています。
View attachment 35336

I have absolutely no idea why, but connection was intermittent during the first hour or so of usage but then started to work flawlessly after that. Maybe the module was "learning" something? Not that it matters to me anymore.
理由は全く分かりませんが、初めのうちはブチブチ切れていた接続は小一時間で安定するようになりました。その間にしたことと言えば、給油をしたのと車を施錠してトイレに行っことぐらいでしょうか。とりあえず、ケーブルから解放されて快適です!
View attachment 35337

ottocast ==> https://ottocast.jp/

For those of you using this or similar WiFi to USB adaptors, you may want to clean up the unused WiFi access points in your phone, and put the adaptor at or near the top of the list if your operating system allows you to do so. This will prevent the phone disconnecting from the WiFi to USB adaptor each time you drive near a known WiFi spot. It took me 6 months to realize this...

このような WiFi ⇔ USB アダプタを使用している場合、スマートホン側の WiFi アクセスポイントの整理をお勧めします。不要なものを削除し、アダプタの優先順位を上げておけば既知のアクセスポイントの近くを通った時に接続が切れずに済みます。考えてみれば当たり前ですが気付くのに半年かかってしまいました...

Anybody here using Apple CarPlay without any problems?
My Emira’s infotainment system always freezes when I use Google Maps.
Sick of it…

Lang: Emira-EN, iPhone-JP (maybe this causes? I have to try next time)

Connected via USB-C to C cable, in centre console, and disabled Emira’s bluetooth (useless!).

I’m afraid to use the product @virtualmacho san wrote here in January, because of this issue.
The dealer do understand this issue is happening, but they don’t know how to fix either. (not even Lotus)

Any wizard here…?

Anybody here using Apple CarPlay without any problems?
My Emira’s infotainment system always freezes when I use Google Maps.
Does this happen only when using Google Maps? What about other navigation apps?
この現象は iOS 上での Google Maps 使用時のみに発生するのでしょうか?他のナビアプリでも同様ですか?

[edit]
You did state that it happens when using Google Maps, so I guess the best alternative at this point in time is to use a different navigation app. There seem to be other infotainment systems that show similar behavior (Toyota RAIZE, HARRIER, etc.).
Also, did you try setting Google Maps to NOT use a Google Account? It might reduce the network traffic (and lag, and timeouts).
車側の問題っぽいですね。アップデートを待つ間、他のナビアプリを使うしかなさそうですね。
あと iOS 版 Google Maps にて「アカウントなしでマップを使用」という設定は試しましたか?

examples of other cars with similar issues ==> https://bbs.kakaku.com/bbs/K0001207623/SortID=23945437/

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: ino
Also, did you try setting Google Maps to NOT use a Google Account? It might reduce the network traffic (and lag, and timeouts).
No I haven’t! I will try it next time!
Thank you so much.

ちなみに他のマップアプリはまだ一切試していません…moviLinkとか入れるだけ入れてるのですが。笑

So I’ve finally had some time to fiddle around a bit. On the nav, I don’t use apple carplay so can’t comment on the system freeze, in my case I could not stand the thought of charging my iPhone constantly so connected an android I wasn’t using and just keep it connected to the car all the time. For maps, Yahoo Nav is my choice, clean and simple.

One issue, 80% of the time, whenever I restart the car the phone is not recognized, so I end up having to open the center console and unplug/replug the cable. Aside from that, the infotainment is working fine so far.

IMG_0635.jpeg

I took my Emira to Lotus Yokohama for some maintenance (the "Check Engine" indicator keeps popping up) and saw that they have this white i4 in stock.

Personally, I think that it looks pretty nice compared to other random cars, but in my opinion the Seneca Blue looks much more interesting. :)

Attachments

• IMG_8311.jpeg
    IMG_8311.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8312.jpeg
    IMG_8312.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 32
I took my Emira to Lotus Yokohama for some maintenance (the "Check Engine" indicator keeps popping up) and saw that they have this white i4 in stock.
Did the Check Engine Light (CEL) go away? What was wrong? Hope everything is sorted out now.

Personally, I think that it looks pretty nice compared to other random cars, but in my opinion the Seneca Blue looks much more interesting. :)
Yes, I totally get it: Dark Verdant is the best ;)

Did the Check Engine Light (CEL) go away? What was wrong? Hope everything is sorted out now.
No, it didn't go away. The first time this happened it was during normal city driving: I got an alert in the driver console saying "Engine Reduced Acceleration" and the CEL turned on. While stopped at a traffic light I stopped and started the engine and the alert and the CEL went away.

Then a few days later I got the same "Engine Reduced Acceleration" and CEL while driving on the expressway. I stopped and started the engine again (at a junction where traffic was jammed) and the alert went away, but the CEL stayed on.

Other people have reported similar issues and one person says that the CEL went away after charging the battery, but I didn't think about testing that. The car has been at Lotus Yokohama since Monday. We'll see how long it takes them to check it...

Quick reminder/update: How is Oct. 25 (fri) to Oct. 27 (sun) for the Hokuriku tour? Participants who have other plans for Friday can join us on Saturday. If there is enough interest, we can start a dedicated thread for this event.
とりあえず10月25-27日の金~日でいかがでしょうか?平日は無理という方は土曜日に現地集合も OK です。
  • Oct. 25 (fri): pass through mountains in Nagano (松本から安房峠) and stay in Toyama-city
  • Oct. 26 (sat): explore Toyama (五箇山を経由して庄川温泉郷) and move to Ishikawa (白山ホワイトロード経由の片山津温泉や山代温泉郷) and stay at an Onsen
  • Oct. 27 (sun): explore Ishikawa then head back via Hokuriku Expressway (北陸自動車道) and Tomei Expressway (東名高速道路)
Come to think of it, is 3 days enough? Will the turbo cars be delivered in time? Will it snow early?

Hokuriku tour - not sure about Friday but I should be ok for the weekend. (Unless some emergency comes up).

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting on I4 deliveries.

Quick reminder/update: How is Oct. 25 (fri) to Oct. 27 (sun) for the Hokuriku tour? Participants who have other plans for Friday can join us on Saturday. If there is enough interest, we can start a dedicated thread for this event.
  • Oct. 25 (fri): pass through mountains in Nagano (松本から安房峠) and stay in Toyama-city
  • Oct. 26 (sat): explore Toyama (五箇山を経由して庄川温泉郷) and move to Ishikawa (白山ホワイトロード経由の片山津温泉や山代温泉郷) and stay at an Onsen
  • Oct. 27 (sun): explore Ishikawa then head back via Hokuriku Expressway (北陸自動車道) and Tomei Expressway (東名高速道路)
Come to think of it, is 3 days enough? Will the turbo cars be delivered in time? Will it snow early?
土曜日から、参加します。石川県では、忍者寺や21世紀美術館、兼六園など、観光地を案内します。。しかし、問題は、今だに私のi4が、いつ手に入るのか、明確ではないことです。(T_T)
I will join from Saturday. In Ishikawa Prefecture, I will guide you to tourist spots such as Ninja Temple, 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kenrokuen Garden, etc. . But the problem is that I still don't know when I will be able to get my i4.
(T_T)

I may be fine from Fri to Sat and could join the party if there is no urgent matter!

みんな「特定小電力無線機」って使ってる/持ってるのでしょうか?免許不要のやつ。

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back