đź““ Journals kitkat's Emira

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.
This scenery looks rather familiar - East Bay?

Love that you’re using the car properly, but as someone who keeps his car interiors obsessively clean the idea of getting in after a session on the bike is terrifying…leave alone putting the wheel inside! :LOL:
Waterproof car seat covers are a must have for me.

Love that you’re using the car properly, but as someone who keeps his car interiors obsessively clean the idea of getting in after a session on the bike is terrifying…leave alone putting the wheel inside! :LOL:
They make wheel bags...

This is out on Skyline -- other side of the bay.

Question: only 4 jack points underneath. How do you put them on the jack stands? Did you jack the car on the side?
1723229009160.png

Question: only 4 jack points underneath. How do you put them on the jack stands? Did you jack the car on the side?
View attachment 49374

I lift the car one side at a time along the side rail -- more than strong enough to support the weight of the car and then I place a jackstand under each jack point. The instructions in the manual are more about making sure the car doesn't fall off of the lift / jack since it has such a rearward weight distribution. Just use a rubber jack puck and you're good.

• Useful
Reactions: ADC
I lift the car one side at a time along the side rail -- more than strong enough to support the weight of the car and then I place a jackstand under each jack point. The instructions in the manual are more about making sure the car doesn't fall off of the lift / jack since it has such a rearward weight distribution. Just use a rubber jack puck and you're good.
Got ya. Thanks! Did you jack up the car at roughly the location I circled below?
1723240711887.png

• Useful
Reactions: ADC

GRP Short Shifter​

Hey all, adding a GRP Short Shifter installation video and review. Full disclosure here, I did not pay for this short shifter nor am I being paid to review it -- Greg sent it to me for free to review and I appreciate the opportunity to do so. I'd like to think I can provide unbiased reviews of products.

Installation Video​

Review​

Pros:
  • Shortened shift throw, obviously.
  • Considerably more direct and positive feel of gear engagement -- think bolt action.
  • Side to side throw unaffected.
  • Elbow no longer hits the edge of the center console lid when shifting into 2nd, 4th, and 6th.
  • No issues with putting it into neutral from gear.
Cons:
  • Increased shift effort to engage, this will always be the case with a short shifter as you have less leverage.

Thank you! Did you spin on the new cable end until it bottomed out, or did you leave the same # of exposed threads from the location of the original end?
I just bottomed it out and it worked, I think Greg designed it to be the same length internally.

Just wondering if the short shifter does anything to the cross-gate cable rattle that some of us have been experiencing:unsure:

Just wondering if the short shifter does anything to the cross-gate cable rattle that some of us have been experiencing:unsure:
I can’t imagine it would help in any way. It shouldn’t have any impact at all, all this does is change the leverage.

The decat changed the tone a bit, volume is almost entirely valves imho.
When it comes to the valves in sport or track do they open up relatively quickly when you gas it or is the aftermarket valve control a must have. From what I’ve heard IRL the rev and acceleration noise isn’t super impressive.

What about the obligatory burbles? I haven’t heard a stock set up create those. Admittedly my experience is 3 test drives and one owner at a meet.

When it comes to the valves in sport or track do they open up relatively quickly when you gas it or is the aftermarket valve control a must have. From what I’ve heard IRL the rev and acceleration noise isn’t super impressive.

What about the obligatory burbles? I haven’t heard a stock set up create those. Admittedly my experience is 3 test drives and one owner at a meet.

They only open up in higher rpms not throttle. Low to midrange is where you’ll hear the valve controller working the most and it’s extremely noticeable — night and day. The car burbles even stock in tour mode — I’m not sure how those wouldn’t be audible. With the valves opened and on lift off from throttle with the decat there’s usually a crackle or two as well as burbles.