• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Lightweight battery

I guarantee there is an equivalent of some kind. This style of battery is super popular at the moment.

I got a reply from antigravity suggesting that their ATX30-HD battery would work in the Emira and is available in Australia.

It’s even smaller than the one you guys have installed and would shave off around 34.5 lb compared to the original battery.

It is 48Ah, but is only 970 cranking amps.
Thoughts on whether that would really be adequate?

Presumably it would also require some work to fit firmly as it is only 165 x 125 x 172mm (L x W x H).

I got a reply from antigravity suggesting that their ATX30-HD battery would work in the Emira and is available in Australia.

It’s even smaller than the one you guys have installed and would shave off around 34.5 lb compared to the original battery.

It is 48Ah, but is only 970 cranking amps.
Thoughts on whether that would really be adequate?

Presumably it would also require some work to fit firmly as it is only 165 x 125 x 172mm (L x W x H).
970 is plenty; the factory battery only has 750.

The factory battery is 278 x 175 x 175mm. As far as fitment, you'd need to know how far the terminal posts are from the front edge of the battery. There has to be enough room and/or support for that terminal connector assembly that sits on the front. It's an L shaped bracket that fits over the positive battery post. It's 39mm from the center of the terminal post to the front edge of the battery. It looks like the height is good enough to allow clearance for the terminal post assembly.

I took a look at it on their website, and it would be a trick to secure it. The factory battery has ridges around the bottom which slide into the clamps to hold it down, but this battery doesn't have anything like that. Since it isn't that heavy really, you might be able to come up with something that can be 3D printed that would hold it in place. Maybe some kind of rectangle sleeve that you could slide this battery into, with ridges around the sides that extend out and match the factory clamp points. You could also have the corner of the sleeve where the positive terminal post would be, have an extension to fill in the gap between the battery and the terminal connector assembly. This would be doable with a 3D printer.

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 12.37.01 PM.png

For people with those installed like @Eagle7 does the tracker fit in the battery compartment with it, and is it useful?

For people with those installed like @Eagle7 does the tracker fit in the battery compartment with it, and is it useful?
Yes it's quite small. It comes with velcro tape that I used to place it on top of the battery with room to spare. Certainly not necessary, but I like data and telemetry so it's useful and gives peace of mind knowing the battery is in good health. Pretty much eliminates the small chance of ever being stranded or needing a jump.

Last edited:
Dumb question for those with the Antigravity T6 product... does it have a physical button on the battery case for the "re-start" feature? I'm considering options, and the reliance on a wireless fob that could get lost, or whose coin cell battery may have ironically died/leaked could undermine the value of that feature right in the moment you need to use it in anger🤔

EDIT: I see a thing that looks like a button on top, but want to confirm.

SECOND EDIT: Despite reading the product details several times, took me until after I had exposed my doltishness on the internets to actually see the words "can also be activated manually by the Restart button on the top of the battery" 🤦‍♂️ . I shall leave my dumb question and self-answer here, and bear the shame in hopes that it saves somebody else from wondering later :)

Last edited: