New Emira SE announced

Everything has changed in the last 12 months with regards to ICE vs EV, with pretty much all the manufacturers changing their plans and going back to ICE production. The rumors of the presumed death of the Toyota V6 may be greatly exaggerated.

The V6 manual will be the engine to have in the distant future. It will be the engine of choice for the enthusiast. I am biased though!
Oh yeah, if it was a weekend car I would have gotten the V6 manual as well hands down. But I'm using my Emira as a daily and constant shifting in LA traffic is just not ideal for my knees at my age lol. So I'm excited to see what my I4 will have to offer, considering it is lighter and now faster than the V6 since it's Hp has been boosted to 400 (according to lotus webpage) I kind of want to see a drag race between the two engines at some point 😆

Oh yeah, if it was a weekend car I would have gotten the V6 manual as well hands down. But I'm using my Emira as a daily and constant shifting in LA traffic is just not ideal for my knees at my age lol. So I'm excited to see what my I4 will have to offer, considering it is lighter and now faster than the V6 since it's Hp has been boosted to 400 (according to lotus webpage) I kind of want to see a drag race between the two engines at some point 😆
Lotus is claiming 4.3s 0-62 for the v6 and 4.0s 0-62 for the i4, so I think you’ve got the drag race by a fair margin. I’m a sucker for a manual but thems the facts.

I kind of want to see a drag race between the two engines at some point 😆
Screen Shot 2024-10-08 at 11.09.13 PM.png

From Lotus Spec's page on the US portal.

Will be interesting to see Car & Drivers testing results, as they typically manage to produce result better than manufactures claims. Suspect the evaluation will be much better than the AMG Demo car from 2023, with the DTC revisions and power output increase.
Based on a couple images from the Chinese cars the AMG engines max output may actually be 411 HP.

View attachment 53105

Will be interesting to see Car & Drivers testing results, as they typically manage to produce result better than manufactures claims. Suspect the evaluation will be much better than the AMG Demo car from 2023, with the DTC revisions and power output increase.
Based on a couple images from the Chinese cars the AMG engines max output may actually be 411 HP.
Interesting indeed, I'd like to see a US i4 dyno to see if we have the same output as the chinese i4s :unsure: would be pretty cool if our i4s put out 411 horses also.

View attachment 53105

It would be a lot closer if they both had the DCT transmission.

As much as I love the manual, I do think it's a shame the V6 isn't offered with a DCT as well. THAT, in my view, would have been the one to have.

My 400hp I4 Emira (China version) showed 411bhp peak and 480Nm (not at the same time) last time I checked.

The I4 is quite short geared, has a descent launch control and changes gear quick. It would be hard to stick with it off the line in the V6 manual, unless the V6 had a descent power advantage (which it doesn’t). The V6 gear change isn’t the quickest IME and with it being a 6 speed, the gears are significantly longer.
Out of interest, how did the 411hp "show"? Assuming it's on the infotainment system screen, that is a software generated estimate and not a real measurement.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back