• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Poll for Those with Paint Blistering / Bubbling Defect

Does your Emira have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling issues, and if it does, when was it manufactured?

• My Emira does not have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues

Votes: 96 68.6%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (Prior to 01/23)

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (01/23)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (02/23)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (03/23)

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (04/23)

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (05/23)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (06/23)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (07/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (08/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (09/23)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (10/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (After 10/23)

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
I have two new doors being fitted today ... keeping my fingers crossed they dont bubble - has anybody had bubbling after swapping?
There is one report I’ve seen of a replacement door then bubbling. Think it’s on this thread, but may be on Facebook.

Last edited:
Got my car back from jct lotus Bradford and to say I’m angry is a massive understatement,firstly they’ve only replaced the passenger side door and they’ve blended in the whole side which has left buffer trails :mad: the car was in an inspection bay which was quite small so I couldn’t really see until I got home, they didn’t even put the Emira badge on :rolleyes:
I’ll be contacting lotus about this because now I have to pay my detailer to correct this and ceramic coat again

Ah sorry to read this, mines just been examined there ( blisters appeared only a few weeks ago on mine - it's an early one) and it's awaiting sign off from Lotus. haw the chuff do you miss a badge...

That sucks, did you manage to get a professional spray job or are you attempting to do it yourself.
Did it myself. Its a 3 part paint so quite hard to get a really good match via DIY, I painted the roof and bonnet with a black similar to the Raptor paint you can get. I used a brush to apply and went over with a foam roller, it looks better than it might sound 😂.

I wouldn't want my Emira painted in it though.
Got my car back from jct lotus Bradford and to say I’m angry is a massive understatement,firstly they’ve only replaced the passenger side door and they’ve blended in the whole side which has left buffer trails :mad: the car was in an inspection bay which was quite small so I couldn’t really see until I got home, they didn’t even put the Emira badge on :rolleyes:
I’ll be contacting lotus about this because now I have to pay my detailer to correct this and ceramic coat again
Not good, who did you deal with there? Was it at the accident repair place up the road from the dealership? Got mine in in October to be checked over for the bubbles on the passenger door.

Did both doors need doing or was it just the paint on the one door?

Think it was a lady called Angela,was told by previous owner that both doors were being replaced but jct600 denied this.
Yes it was at their accident centre

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back