• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Poll for Those with Paint Blistering / Bubbling Defect

Does your Emira have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling issues, and if it does, when was it manufactured?

• My Emira does not have any Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues

Votes: 96 68.6%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (Prior to 01/23)

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (01/23)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (02/23)

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (03/23)

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (04/23)

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (05/23)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (06/23)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (07/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (08/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (09/23)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (10/23)

• My Emira does have Paint Blistering/Bubbling Issues: Manufacture date (After 10/23)

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
I have two new doors being fitted today ... keeping my fingers crossed they dont bubble - has anybody had bubbling after swapping?
There is one report I’ve seen of a replacement door then bubbling. Think it’s on this thread, but may be on Facebook.

Last edited:
Got my car back from jct lotus Bradford and to say I’m angry is a massive understatement,firstly they’ve only replaced the passenger side door and they’ve blended in the whole side which has left buffer trails :mad: the car was in an inspection bay which was quite small so I couldn’t really see until I got home, they didn’t even put the Emira badge on :rolleyes:
I’ll be contacting lotus about this because now I have to pay my detailer to correct this and ceramic coat again

Ah sorry to read this, mines just been examined there ( blisters appeared only a few weeks ago on mine - it's an early one) and it's awaiting sign off from Lotus. haw the chuff do you miss a badge...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back