• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

So disappointed with Zinc grey ...

Just4emira

Reaction score
When I locked in my spec, they didn't have the color sample available at the dealership.

The zinc grey in the configurator looks so much darker online than it is when it's seen in person...

When I saw the car in person for the first time yesterday, sceneca blue looked very stunning , yellow and red also looked great.

Out of all the 13 colors emira got, zinc grey really disappointed me.

My delivery will be in November, now I'm thinking that I don't want the car . Because I don't like the color.
I now need to choose stick with Zinc grey emira ...or Electre.

Yesterday, I sat in the dealer's Electre to our way to the garage to see the emira, I am fascinated by the Electre.

Help me out, all the emira lovers.
Should I stick with Zinc grey or buy the Electre?

Thanks alot.

Personally I think the Zinc in the photos looks better than the darker Nardoesque colors. Looks similar to Porsche Chalk which is an awesome color IMO.

+1 on considering getting the manual trans. even if you don't know manual. I don't know stick either - but I plan to learn with the emira.

But if you really don't want zinc, can either do pull color PPF (maybe 6-7k ish) - if you were going to do PPF anyways than may not be a huge cost jump to do the full color PPF. Or could always try to snag a pre-owned or orphaned manual trans. car

I’m that guy! I love all those colors on vintage Porsches. Specifically mustard yellow, pea soup green and dookie brown. Flat slightly faded colors with a brown leather or herringbone interior.
I knew there would be someone in the crowd!

How would you feel about a red/orange that you can't really tell what color it is, or if it's maybe just a super-even layer of light surface rust?

All the better if the German word for the color sounds really cool but translates to something completely mundane, like "Hellrot"

I knew there would be someone in the crowd!

How would you feel about a red/orange that you can't really tell what color it is, or if it's maybe just a super-even layer of light surface rust?

All the better if the German word for the color sounds really cool but translates to something completely mundane, like "Hellrot"
Hellrot looks good on m3s. And surface rust is patina bro!

I feel bad for op. You deserve to love the color you get. Zinc grey is an acquired taste, but the car will still look amazing especially with your contrasting roof, wheels and calipers. Do it!

Ive seen zinc grey and think its a pretty nice color. In general I think the lighter colors do more to highlight the Emira lines than the darker ones do. Personally I was a bit underwhelmed with Seneca when I first saw it. It didn't pop enough for me. I like the color shifts of Nimbus the best of the current colors although in the right specs Magma and Hethel are quite tempting too. Its too dark for me but Shadow gray in person is a really nice color if you do want something dark.

Ive seen zinc grey and think its a pretty nice color. In general I think the lighter colors do more to highlight the Emira lines than the darker ones do. Personally I was a bit underwhelmed with Seneca when I first saw it. It didn't pop enough for me. I like the color shifts of Nimbus the best of the current colors although in the right specs Magma and Hethel are quite tempting too. Its too dark for me but Shadow gray in person is a really nice color if you do want something dark.
Seneca was the color that stood out to me when I first saw the physical car for the first time and then yellow. Zinc grey was super dirty, dust all over it. That might have made it look not so good. I don't know 😞

If you don't want to buy the car and wrap with a color of your choice, then you could always wait for one on the secondary market later. You'll get many colors to choose from but might not be exterior & interior combo exactly like you would order. Or you order a base model exactly and get next year albeit at a higher price point. Everything is a trade off so you have to determine what is the priority. However choosing between the Lotus models does seem odd pairing though.

I'll tell you I bought a sports car last year and the color I wanted was not able to be ordered so I 'settled' for another. After a couple months, it grew on me, decided not to wrap it, and was just glad to get the car to drive. Good luck with your decision.

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents, I wouldn't buy a $100K car that I'm unsure if I like it. So few Emiras will be sent to the US, let someone who loves it be the first owner. If it's 50/50 between these two cars, I'm not convinced you will actually like this kind of car.

First of all, I think the Emira looks stunning in ANY COLOR.

Secondly, depending on whether wrapping is affordable in your neighborhood (it's VERY cheap in my part of the world), you could always change colors. In fact this type of grey is the perfect color to wrap over... If you have tried to wrap any type of bright colors over dark ones, say pink over black, you get a "dirty" result.

When I locked in my spec, they didn't have the color sample available at the dealership.

The zinc grey in the configurator looks so much darker online than it is when it's seen in person...

When I saw the car in person for the first time yesterday, sceneca blue looked very stunning , yellow and red also looked great.

My delivery will be in November, now I'm thinking that I don't want the car . Because I don't like the color.

Yesterday, I sat in the dealer's Electre to our way to the garage to see the emira, I am fascinated by the Electre.

Thanks alot.
You are comparing a cat with a búfalo…. ??? Keep both.

Stick with it, just change to all black rims. The yellow calipers will pop and the rims wont distract from the body color of the car. I have the numbus with black rims and yellow calipers.....lovin the look and the way it handles...

Thanks alot.
The Zinc Grey is cool- let it grow on you.
An electric SUV? Seriously? Get it as a second car and enjoy the visceral experience of your Emira.

Side note: a color very close to zinc grey is now the base (and free) color for new Harley Davidsons.
Black, for the first time, will cost extra.

M

Thanks alot.
Just wrap it with PPF

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1803.jpeg
    IMG_1803.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
I'm positive there are a lot of Vinyl wrap and PPF installers in the San Ferando valley. Worst case scenario ask your Lotus dealer, they will have people they know and trust, if they don't offer to do it themselves.