Update on the full Larini V6 exhaust system

Well, Larini are now sending the back-box and sports car to B&C Lotus Service near Guildford next week apparently, and I will take the car down there for fitment.
No new news on the manifold (which needs help from Lotus) or the carbon end-tips.

They did say they have managed to get the two pieces I am getting up to another level of quality sound and dB.

Well, Larini are now sending the back-box and sports car to B&C Lotus Service near Guildford next week apparently, and I will take the car down there for fitment.
No new news on the manifold (which needs help from Lotus) or the carbon end-tips.

They did say they have managed to get the two pieces I am getting up to another level of quality sound and dB.
We all cant wait to hear that :) thanks for the update

It's tomorrow Ade, third Sunday of the month. See you in November? Will be on 19th Nov.

Finally had the exhaust installed!!!

Bell & Colvill did both parts for about 160 quid, around 90 minutes labour.

Well...

In short....

OMG!!!

Fannytastic.
I'd say it is 20% louder at low revs rising to about 50% louder at high revs where it sounds like a V12 Ferrari. I kid you not.

To add some context, Milltek make loud exhausts, Akrapovic make nice looking exhausts but Larini spend months purely focusing on SOUND.

The important thing is the character of the car remains and all those nuances I talked about in my original video are still there. Amazing job.

Video will be out in about a weeks time as trying to sort out discounts for everyone and how one can preorder.

As I was writing this, Jon popped round in his stunning gold liveried Verdant.
He came out in it... 😁👍

Ade

high revs where it sounds like a V12 Ferrari. I kid you not.
now-attention.gif

I have been out in a few V12 Ferraris and came close to buying an F12.
This system seems to have achieved the same layer of resonance.

Bit like how the last gen 5 cyl RS3 sounds like a V10 and just needed more bite.
That is what Larini have achieved

I'd say it is 20% louder at low revs rising to about 50% louder at high revs where it sounds like a V12 Ferrari. I kid you not.
How anti-social is this system likely to be in "normal use"? Do you still get a lovely sound signature when taking it easy. I love the idea of a beautiful exhaust note, but I don't want to be a dick about it, annoying everyone within a 5 mile radius just taking it out of the driveway.

EDIT: also, wtf gives with dropping that update with no video/audio clip! shame on you, sir! :shake-fist:

Can't wait to hear it. Do you know if this will be available for US customers to purchase?

How anti-social is this system likely to be in "normal use"? Do you still get a lovely sound signature when taking it easy. I love the idea of a beautiful exhaust note, but I don't want to be a dick about it, annoying everyone within a 5 mile radius just taking it out of the driveway.
Fair question. When I took Jon out earlier I did switch into hooligan mode down the high street (yeah, I know...) and, in that instance, you will get glances of horror from the anti-noise grannies.

Jon did mention "I hope you have understanding neighbours" but remember, it is fine in Tour as this works with the existing valve system.
Therefore, afted a deeper startup sound you are fine anyway.
It just becomes Supercar sounding in Sport and Track, that's a good thing!

It has no resemblance to the boy-racer loud pipes or Harleys. Worry not.

Fair question. When I took Jon out earlier I did switch into hooligan mode down the high street (yeah, I know...) and, in that instance, you will get glances of horror from the anti-noise grannies.

Jon did mention "I hope you have understanding neighbours" but remember, it is fine in Tour as this works with the existing valve system.
Therefore, afted a deeper startup sound you are fine anyway.
It just becomes Supercar sounding in Sport and Track, that's a good thing!

It has no resemblance to the boy-racer loud pipes or Harleys. Worry not.
Nice. When you do your video, it'd be great to get some impressions on what (if any) compromises you find on a motorway touring run (drone, volume , etc), not just how awesome it sounds when getting up it 😁 🙏

If it can still be relatively civilised when necessary, but sound V12 Supercar ™️ at the flick of a switch, that sounds like a winner for sure 👍

oh boy you certainly have my attention now :love:

looking forward to the video. the amount of aftermarket exhaust videos that we have (under load/inside/outside/passing) is surprisingly very small still

hold up, all I see is this on their website

how is this only $285? that sounds way too low. sounds like just a 3rd cat delete maybe?

i sure wish there was more info and some pictures
From your link: Larini ‘Race’ Pipes are high temperature resistant, hollow pipes, which replace the original bulky secondary catalytic converters.

It's just a single pipe that replaces the 3rd cat.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back