• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just to clarify, I placed a deposit of $2500 for someone else's spec. It's still refundable until delivery of the car.
The 15-20k ADM is based on the original FE price of $95k, today's MSRP is $105k for that build so NET ADM is about $5k-10k. It does suck to pay 15-20k ADM especially if I'm grandfathered in the original FE price, but to be fair finding an allocation now for MSRP will be a 12-18 month wait vs getting this car delivered Nov/Dec 2023
Just get a base V6 without any ADM. you’ll basically be at the same price, maybe better options, more Color choices and most importantly, a better sorted car. That’s my take. EU and UK have shown the demand for Emira doesn’t warrant ADM.

I didn't read the previous posts regarding the depreciation or issues on the car. Does anyone care to direct me to the page on this thread or a TLDR? While I agree ADM may not be worth the value but to get delivery this Nov instead of wait 2025 I think $5k might be worth it.

I didn't read the previous posts regarding the depreciation or issues on the car. Does anyone care to direct me to the page on this thread or a TLDR? While I agree ADM may not be worth the value but to get delivery this Nov instead of wait 2025 I think $5k might be worth it.
Not trying to bust balls but didn't you post this question previously on July 23, 2023? I replied to you and so did others, here was my original response to you:

"I don't think anyone will be able to answer this for you. I too have my 1.0 on order with Galpin and have ADM. I am OK with it because I have been looking for a car like this since I sold my 91' MR2. I have owned many since, but none ever gave me the feeling like this one has. I will be having mine completely wrapped and the original color will not be visible, so does it matter? To me yes, I am getting the exact car I chose and want and it will be the last car in this category I will buy. I have been OK and patient with all the delays while trying to avoid the noise and that I am paying ADM because I really wanted an FE, and everything about this car is my choice. Good luck on your decision."

Since you are posting the same question again, it seems you are not confident in the decision you want to make. I know my decision and don't care what other people's opinion are, though most probably view it as foolish, but it is mine to make. Pull your deposit if you can, not sure how you got into somebody else's allocation to begin with as I didn't think Lotus was allowing that, and put a deposit on a base. Hell, by the time your time is up for a base, FE's may already be on the used market for maybe less than original 1.0 allocations are locked in for.

Reactions: Txs
Not trying to bust balls but didn't you post this question previously on July 23, 2023? I replied to you and so did others, here was my original response to you:

"I don't think anyone will be able to answer this for you. I too have my 1.0 on order with Galpin and have ADM. I am OK with it because I have been looking for a car like this since I sold my 91' MR2. I have owned many since, but none ever gave me the feeling like this one has. I will be having mine completely wrapped and the original color will not be visible, so does it matter? To me yes, I am getting the exact car I chose and want and it will be the last car in this category I will buy. I have been OK and patient with all the delays while trying to avoid the noise and that I am paying ADM because I really wanted an FE, and everything about this car is my choice. Good luck on your decision."

Since you are posting the same question again, it seems you are not confident in the decision you want to make. I know my decision and don't care what other people's opinion are, though most probably view it as foolish, but it is mine to make. Pull your deposit if you can, not sure how you got into somebody else's allocation to begin with as I didn't think Lotus was allowing that, and put a deposit on a base. Hell, by the time your time is up for a base, FE's may already be on the used market for maybe less than original 1.0 allocations are locked in for.
I remember this post now. Apologies, I go on several forums and forgot I posted here already. Thanks for your input

The way things are shaping up, I would not pay any ADM on the Emira. Once the initial demand is satisfied, they will have plenty of supply. You can get an I4 FE allocation, today.

The way things are shaping up, I would not pay any ADM on the Emira. Once the initial demand is satisfied, they will have plenty of supply. You can get an I4 FE allocation, today.
This is certainly not unrelated to the spectacularly poor experiences that early Emira customers have had during literally any type of customer service interaction with Lotus.

I have always thought the opposite on these. If someone works 20 years, drives a modest car, and wants to spend 10K extra to get a car 10 months earlier, I have no issue with that. It's hard to dictate how someone else should spend their money. I agree the ADM issue is troubling but we all work hard and sometimes we just want a quicker reward. Flying First Class, concert tickets in the front row, stadium tickets in the box suite etc, all little things we do to treat ourselves that others may find frivolous, I see an ADM as no different. And I understand you may be underwater with a car you paid an ADM on, but people have their reasons.

I have always thought the opposite on these. If someone works 20 years, drives a modest car, and wants to spend 10K extra to get a car 10 months earlier, I have no issue with that. It's hard to dictate how someone else should spend their money. I agree the ADM issue is troubling but we all work hard and sometimes we just want a quicker reward. Flying First Class, concert tickets in the front row, stadium tickets in the box suite etc, all little things we do to treat ourselves that others may find frivolous, I see an ADM as no different. And I understand you may be underwater with a car you paid an ADM on, but people have their reasons.
I agree with this sentiment, my issue is more about receiving a hopefully better sorted car for the same price with a 8-10 month additional wait (again maybe wishful timing). I would pay ADM for certain vehicles, an F/E Emira IMO isn't one of them. But you are right, everyone can spend their money as they wish.

I agree with this sentiment, my issue is more about receiving a hopefully better sorted car for the same price with a 8-10 month additional wait (again maybe wishful timing). I would pay ADM for certain vehicles, an F/E Emira IMO isn't one of them. But you are right, everyone can spend their money as they wish.
Everyone keeps saying wait for the base model but in my mind I have to assume there is a chance that Lotus could cut production and you may not get a car. That has been my worry all along, will I get a BASE car that I spec. The way Lotus has rolled out this vehicle I think it would be silly to think you are guaranteed a BASE model in 2025 or 2026. So if an ADM car comes along, what do you do? That's a rhetorical question but my main point is there are no guarantees at this point.

Just got off a very good call with one of the senior staff at Lotus USA.

They are still very confident and optimistic about a September start to US production, but did say that regulatory certification is still pending, particularly for CARB.

Based on that fact, I am reading between the lines and making some inferences of my own. My gut tells me that the factory may make their own determination about production risk if regulatory certification isn't achieved by their intended revised production start.

I guess we wait and see!

Based on that fact, I am reading between the lines and making some inferences of my own. My gut tells me that the factory may make their own determination about production risk if regulatory certification isn't achieved by their intended revised production start.

I guess we wait and see!
Are you implying they may pause production until certification is certain?

Just got off a very good call with one of the senior staff at Lotus USA.

They are still very confident and optimistic about a September start to US production, but did say that regulatory certification is still pending, particularly for CARB.

I guess we wait and see!
That's good news! I assume the production schedule time fence is very close now for the NA cars, and parts are on order or being built already. If that's the case then they'll have to make a reschedule decision very soon.

Dallas is useless with info.... been trying for weeks to see if I made the 2.0 cut with "let me ask the director, will get back to you" Was #68 over year ago, hoping for cancelations. Was just told that I'm still in same spot and they think I will get a V6 FE. How is that possible with just a refundable $2500 18 months ago and still at #68. I wouldn't think that would even be a 2.0. Anyone else have a deposit at Dallas want to share current info?

Dallas is useless with info.... been trying for weeks to see if I made the 2.0 cut with "let me ask the director, will get back to you" Was #68 over year ago, hoping for cancelations. Was just told that I'm still in same spot and they think I will get a V6 FE. How is that possible with just a refundable $2500 18 months ago and still at #68. I wouldn't think that would even be a 2.0. Anyone else have a deposit at Dallas want to share current info?
I don't have a deposit in yet but I contacted them since they sell at MSRP. I'd be #130 or something with 18 month wait for the V6. What I am told is that they go down the line in order and will remove people if they opt out and so far everyone at the front of the line has specced their cars and no one is backing out. It's possible the 2nd and 3rd groups could have some opting out but we won't know until we get there. Austin and Houston is 200+ on their waitlists and said it wasn't even worth a deposit for a spot. Dallas was at least still open since they have a larger allocation budget

I have no idea what Dallas' initial allocation for V6 FE 1.0's is, but as a frame of reference Charlotte received about half as many FE 2.0s as they were allocated FE 1.0s (V6). I saw that EspritGuy noted Dallas was receiving 31 FE 1.0 allocations, so guessing their total FE allocation (V6) to likely be around 50. I'm guessing some people on the list in front of you are wanting the I4 and many others have dropped out so........ likely on the fringe???

I was contacted two weeks ago and asked for a build code from the configurator to lock in my FE 2.0 V6. I would keep bugging the Dallas dealership as the submittal process has started at other dealerships.

(https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/can-i-get-my-lotus-emira-vlog-31-not-my-video.855/#post-17084)

I agree. I wasn't trying to tell someone how to spend their money. Just sharing some thoughts on the market condition as it relates to ADM, which is usually charged if there is substantial demand exceeding supply in the mid to long term.

I have no idea what Dallas' initial allocation for V6 FE 1.0's is, but as a frame of reference Charlotte received about half as many FE 2.0s as they were allocated FE 1.0s (V6). I saw that EspritGuy noted Dallas was receiving 31 FE 1.0 allocations, so guessing their total FE allocation (V6) to likely be around 50. I'm guessing some people on the list in front of you are wanting the I4 and many others have dropped out so........ likely on the fringe???

I was contacted two weeks ago and asked for a build code from the configurator to lock in my FE 2.0 V6. I would keep bugging the Dallas dealership as the submittal process has started at other dealerships.

(https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/can-i-get-my-lotus-emira-vlog-31-not-my-video.855/#post-17084)
Dallas is getting 31 FE minus 1 as it is the demo car.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back