• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

my two cents on Dallas TX is that i made my purchase on 7/14/2023 and they told me i was #120 ish (i forget) and that it would be 14 months. 100% confirmed not an FE 1.0 or FE2.0 (obviously)

Well, lads, I have officially submitted my build for the I4 FE. I placed my first deposit in December of 2022, so I figured I would be due a base edition, not a FE. To me, this is perhaps an indication that the order book has thinned considerably. That being said, when I heard the I4 FE pricing announced at $99k, I really second guessed whether I was still "in". Joining the list so late, I was unbothered by the delays, because I had already seen them happen, and was not in a rush to get a car, but the price definitely made me second guess.

That being said, I found the Emira because I really wanted my next car to be a Cayman and started to explore alternatives. At what was a similar price to a low-spec Cayman, the Emira seemed like such a compelling option. I know many who were choosing between the two cars have broken towards the Cayman citing that it is a better value, given the Emira price increases, but honestly, it seems like to get a similarly spec'ed Cayman with the options I want, I would be in the realm of $105k. Therefore, I decided to stay "in" on the Emira.

Now, to get to the fun part, here is my spec:

Color: Meridian Blue
Black Pack: No
Wheels: Gloss Black
Calipers: Yellow
Interior: Black Leather

I was super back and forth on color. Not to brag, but I am quite young; when I collect the Emira, I will be 24, so I wanted to shy away from some of the brighter to not draw more attention to what is already a somewhat showy car. I also was super back and forth on doing alcantara interior. I am absolutely in love with the look and feel of alcantara, but my best friend who is a big car nerd kept telling me that it would wear awfully and to avoid it, so I ended up going with leather.

For a general update for folks waiting, in my e-mail from the dealer granting me the FE allocation, I was told that US FE I4 deliveries are slated to start in April of 2024 and go through September of 2024. Base editions were stated to begin delivery "mid Q4 2024".

Well, lads, I have officially submitted my build for the I4 FE. I placed my first deposit in December of 2022, so I figured I would be due a base edition, not a FE. To me, this is perhaps an indication that the order book has thinned considerably. That being said, when I heard the I4 FE pricing announced at $99k, I really second guessed whether I was still "in". Joining the list so late, I was unbothered by the delays, because I had already seen them happen, and was not in a rush to get a car, but the price definitely made me second guess.

That being said, I found the Emira because I really wanted my next car to be a Cayman and started to explore alternatives. At what was a similar price to a low-spec Cayman, the Emira seemed like such a compelling option. I know many who were choosing between the two cars have broken towards the Cayman citing that it is a better value, given the Emira price increases, but honestly, it seems like to get a similarly spec'ed Cayman with the options I want, I would be in the realm of $105k. Therefore, I decided to stay "in" on the Emira.

Now, to get to the fun part, here is my spec:

Color: Meridian Blue
Black Pack: No
Wheels: Gloss Black
Calipers: Yellow
Interior: Black Leather

I was super back and forth on color. Not to brag, but I am quite young; when I collect the Emira, I will be 24, so I wanted to shy away from some of the brighter to not draw more attention to what is already a somewhat showy car. I also was super back and forth on doing alcantara interior. I am absolutely in love with the look and feel of alcantara, but my best friend who is a big car nerd kept telling me that it would wear awfully and to avoid it, so I ended up going with leather.

For a general update for folks waiting, in my e-mail from the dealer granting me the FE allocation, I was told that US FE I4 deliveries are slated to start in April of 2024 and go through September of 2024. Base editions were stated to begin delivery "mid Q4 2024".
That's a great spec. I'm still miffed that I haven't been able to change my spec since May of last year. I went DV with tan interior but I probably would have switched to black Alcantara in case I wanted to wrap the car in the future

That's going to be a lovely car. I don't envy your insurance premiums at your age! Congrats.

Yeah, insurance obviously is not optimal, but the only thing that can be done about it is to avoid accidents and tickets for now. I have a BMW now and pay $220 per month, which is obviously not ideal. My friend (same age, ZIP code, driving record almost identical) just picked up a Boxster with value within $5k of the Emira and pays mid $300's per month (albeit for better coverage). Also going to crank the liability coverage a bit harder once I get the Emira. If a young guy gets into an accident in a nice car, I feel like they are much more likely to try to get taken for a ride and sued lol.

That's a great spec. I'm still miffed that I haven't been able to change my spec since May of last year. I went DV with tan interior but I probably would have switched to black Alcantara in case I wanted to wrap the car in the future
There had previously been communication that some changes were going to be allowed to FE 1.0 cars and then never heard again. The fact that changes (or cancellations) weren’t allowed after this long has been crazy.

Have a line on a Seneca non-black pack FE 1.0 car at $5k over 1.0 msrp if anyone is interested I would connect with the owner.

Last edited:
Hello all. My update today is that I just confirmed my FE 2.0 order. I placed an additional $7.5K deposit on my original $2.5K deposit. I am told production will be in January / February, and that I can expect my car to arrive 60 days after production. My spec:
-V6 Manual
-touring suspension
-Color: Osmium Silver
-Full Black Pack
-Black Gloss Wheels
-Red Calipers
-Tan Leather interior
-Leather steering wheel.

Glad to finally be moving forward after a 2 year deposit wait. Hopefully no further delays!

Hello all. My update today is that I just confirmed my FE 2.0 order. I placed an additional $7.5K deposit on my original $2.5K deposit. I am told production will be in January / February, and that I can expect my car to arrive 60 days after production. My spec:
-V6 Manual
-touring suspension
-Color: Osmium Silver
-Full Black Pack
-Black Gloss Wheels
-Red Calipers
-Tan Leather interior
-Leather steering wheel.

Glad to finally be moving forward after a 2 year deposit wait. Hopefully no further delays!
Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 3.21.46 PM.png

Anyone else here in North America who made a July 2021 deposit (Goodwoood for me) and hasn’t even got a sniff at placing an order or any news on placing one?

Anyone else here in North America who made a July 2021 deposit (Goodwoood for me) and hasn’t even got a sniff at placing an order or any news on placing one?
I don't know how it works in Canada, but the dealer you placed your deposit with should be the one to tell you where you are in the queue for an allocation. They should have at least told you how close you were to their allocation limit, and if you're eligible for the extended FE 2.0 allocations.

I don't know how it works in Canada, but the dealer you placed your deposit with should be the one to tell you where you are in the queue for an allocation. They should have at least told you how close you were to their allocation limit, and if you're eligible for the extended FE 2.0 allocations.

Say they haven’t heard anything about FE 2.0 yet and they might get 5.

The allocations are perplexing as it’s among the dealerships that has the most deposits I think over 300 right now and had over 25 before 2021 Goodwood, but only got 12 FE 1.0s.

Say they haven’t heard anything about FE 2.0 yet and they might get 5.

The allocations are perplexing as it’s among the dealerships that has the most deposits I think over 300 right now and had over 25 before 2021 Goodwood, but only got 12 FE 1.0s.
Geez that's practically nothing. What number was your deposit?

August 2021 deposit. Number 41. No sniff either.

I'm supposedly 49th in place for Dallas (as of 4/4/22), and yes - getting information out of them is like pulling teeth. I put my deposit down 7/14/2021.

If I don't make the cut for fe 2.0, I'll be pissed.

I'm a November 2021 depositor in Saint Louis, MO dealership. I think I was number 22-23 on their list, and just locked in my FE2.0 build. I now have two reasons to like living in Missouri: 1) Mahomes 2) Low volume dealers.

Just when I think I’m out….. they pull me back in!! Had pulled my deposit recently due to all the reasons well-documented on this forum (delays, price increases, “is it as great as I thought it was 3 years ago”-factor). Received a call inviting me back in for a FE i4 and have already locked in my build with estimated delivery April-July 2024! Glad I bought my 997.1 Carrera S to bridge the gap and now it’s time to look at lifts for the garage in the Spring.

Seneca, Silver Wheels, Yellow Calipers and Yellow Leather trim steering wheel with Ice Grey leather on Sports Chassis with Cup 2’s.

What you're describing is crazy. How can your dealer just pretend they are zero info in the transaction? They are the primary customer to Lotus.

I would call Lotus North America (USA) directly and talk to the staff there. The situation you're in is not reasonable.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back