• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

What you're describing is crazy. How can your dealer just pretend they are zero info in the transaction? They are the primary customer to Lotus.

I would call Lotus North America (USA) directly and talk to the staff there. The situation you're in is not reasonable.
Unfortunatly depending on when you deposited it during GoodWood, you could have already missed the cut.

What you're describing is crazy. How can your dealer just pretend they are zero info in the transaction? They are the primary customer to Lotus.

I would call Lotus North America (USA) directly and talk to the staff there. The situation you're in is not reasonable.
I'm like 95% sure "Lotus North America" literally just funnels all questions back to the dealership in question and doesn't actually do anything themselves.

Anyone else here in North America who made a July 2021 deposit (Goodwoood for me) and hasn’t even got a sniff at placing an order or any news on placing one?
I think that your dealership doesn’t have an allocation for you. I placed my initial deposit in July 2021 - a few days before the Goodwood reveal. My confirmed order (and second deposit) was submitted into Lotus’ system the first week of March 2022. A few weeks ago, my dealer notified me that my car is in the first batch of September builds for the US.

Anyone else here in North America who made a July 2021 deposit (Goodwoood for me) and hasn’t even got a sniff at placing an order or any news on placing one?

Is it possible that Canada is on a different schedule than USA?

I'm supposedly 49th in place for Dallas (as of 4/4/22), and yes - getting information out of them is like pulling teeth. I put my deposit down 7/14/2021.

If I don't make the cut for fe 2.0, I'll be pissed.
Dallas really is a mystery, few days ago I was told still #68 (deposit 2/1/22) and that I should be getting a 2.0. Doesn't make sense.... and if that is the case when can we lock it in?

Dallas really is a mystery, few days ago I was told still #68 (deposit 2/1/22) and that I should be getting a 2.0. Doesn't make sense.... and if that is the case when can we lock it in?
My dealer is locking in the 2.0 as we speak. I think you should have been contacted by now.

Has anyone with a deposit in DALLAS (EARTH MOTORS) been contacted to lock in spec for a 2.0 and what was the second deposit amount? Has anyone in Dallas even locked in a 1.0?

I sometimes wonder if they just make up a number of your spot in line. It feels difficult to believe that 7 months of time is only 20 more deposits considering the volume of deposits before.

I need to practice some zen meditation. I have a coworker that put a deposit down on a gt500 and got his car faster.

I'm like 95% sure "Lotus North America" literally just funnels all questions back to the dealership in question and doesn't actually do anything themselves.
They are literally the corporate entity for Lotus in North America and have an actual staff that does actually answer an actual phone call. Just call them.

I sometimes wonder if they just make up a number of your spot in line. It feels difficult to believe that 7 months of time is only 20 more deposits considering the volume of deposits before.

I need to practice some zen meditation. I have a coworker that put a deposit down on a gt500 and got his car faster.
I was originally told I would get an FE @ #110 (made no sense), then couple months late I moved to #68, then year later no cancelations and no change so still #68 but just told last week that I "Should" be getting an FE 2.0. Said that they will be getting the first 36 FEs. Not seeing how #68 makes an FE of any sort. So why keep telling me I'm getting an FE? Just trying to keep me from canceling? I don't think they would care! Waiting to hear from someone that they locked in any FEs with Dallas.

I have an FE 1.0 locked in . March 2022
Arrival who knows. Maybe December or January or February
No one in NA will get a car until Lotus get certification / CARB approval.
No dealership nor Lotus USA has the answer to that yet.

I was originally told I would get an FE @ #110 (made no sense), then couple months late I moved to #68, then year later no cancelations and no change so still #68 but just told last week that I "Should" be getting an FE 2.0. Said that they will be getting the first 36 FEs. Not seeing how #68 makes an FE of any sort. So why keep telling me I'm getting an FE? Just trying to keep me from canceling? I don't think they would care! Waiting to hear from someone that they locked in any FEs with Dallas.
I believe your “number” on the list is becoming a lot more confusing with the 2.0 allocations. The 2.0 V6 allocations have been taken pretty quickly in list order, depending on how straightforward your dealer is. The i4s are a harder sell and the dealers are having to dive much further into the list to fill the allocations.

So if you are #68 you may not be able to get a 2.0 V6 but could probably easily grab an i4. Clear as mud!

Hello! I made an account here to share this information with you guys.

I made a deposit in September of 2021. I received a call from the dealership yesterday and I was informed that they received allocation for more First Editions but the FE 2.0version. I believe the only difference between 1.0 and 2.0 is that there is access to the extra colors. Still went with the green anyways...

I don't know where I was on the list but I know I wasn't near the top. I decided to move forward and placed the final deposit and submitted by build code to the dealership. They said delivery early next year.

They are literally the corporate entity for Lotus in North America and have an actual staff that does actually answer an actual phone call. Just call them.
Every time I’ve emailed them I eventually just get a call back from my dealer saying it was forwarded to them. They’d prefer to stay out of it with end customers is the feeling I’ve gotten.

Hello! I made an account here to share this information with you guys.

I made a deposit in September of 2021. I received a call from the dealership yesterday and I was informed that they received allocation for more First Editions but the FE 2.0version. I believe the only difference between 1.0 and 2.0 is that there is access to the extra colors. Still went with the green anyways...

I don't know where I was on the list but I know I wasn't near the top. I decided to move forward and placed the final deposit and submitted by build code to the dealership. They said delivery early next year.
Difference in price too

Mate, I don't think your answers will be found among Forum members, as all roads lead back to the Dealer who can only share what Lotus provides. Your posts indicate you have been in touch with Dallas recently and since initial deposit have moved substantially forward in line. I'm guessing the lists have firmed and anyone opting out did so months ago. What are left are stalwarts who are likely a mix of v6, i4 and base. I believe Gator said depositor contacts occur as that allocation is released. And allocations are on a monthly basis, possibly not forecastable.
The anticipation has been intense, especially for any 2021 depositors and thereafter. News of build orders is salivating.
The Dallas dealer has a loyal following which I gather is well deserved. They are worth your trust, particularly for an ongoing relationship.
And remember the Emira mantra: Worth the wait.
(so say current owners)

Mate, I don't think your answers will be found among Forum members, as all roads lead back to the Dealer who can only share what Lotus provides. Your posts indicate you have been in touch with Dallas recently and since initial deposit have moved substantially forward in line. I'm guessing the lists have firmed and anyone opting out did so months ago. What are left are stalwarts who are likely a mix of v6, i4 and base. I believe Gator said depositor contacts occur as that allocation is released. And allocations are on a monthly basis, possibly not forecastable.
The anticipation has been intense, especially for any 2021 depositors and thereafter. News of build orders is salivating.
The Dallas dealer has a loyal following which I gather is well deserved. They are worth your trust, particularly for an ongoing relationship.
And remember the Emira mantra: Worth the wait.
(so say current owners)
Only answer I was looking for is if anyone else is being told they are getting an FE and are anywhere near my same place in line. I have no problem waiting another 18 months. I have a problem with being told with my initial deposit that I would be getting an FE and then year later saying I won't, and then few days ago at #68 that I "should" be getting an FE. Not a fan of emotional rollercoasters. Just wanted to hear someone else's story that might be in that #60-#70 range in Dallas, tho they probably are not on the forum, was just taking a chance. Tho yes maybe they say "should" because I'm close to that "possibility" if people pull out once contacted to confirm down the line. Gotta get off this forum, I only get impatient when I troll it :)

Last edited:
Only answer I was looking for is if anyone else is being told they are getting an FE and are anywhere near my same place in line. I have no problem waiting another 18 months. I have a problem with being told with my initial deposit that I would be getting an FE and then year later saying I won't, and then few days ago at #68 that I "should" be getting an FE. Not a fan of emotional rollercoasters. Just wanted to hear someone else's story that might be in that #60-#70 range in Dallas, tho they probably are not on the forum, was just taking a chance. Tho yes maybe they say "should" because I'm close to that "possibility" if people pull out once contacted to confirm down the line. Gotta get off this forum, I only get impatient when I troll it :)
This forum is great it will drive you insane in both good and bad ways.
In all honesty I do not believe the sales people at this and probably most Lotus dealerships can give you an answer as to what your actual # is on the list as it most likely changes all the time due to people dropping out.
Many of us have been here for over 2 years. If not patient you will go bonkers in no time 😊

The fact that different dealers will have different allocations and deposit lists means there will not be much of an alignment between dealers in terms of deposit date and whether the depositor makes it into the FE allocation batches. Knock on wood, the dealer I went with seems to be playing it pretty straight, and I got lucky with an FE allocation, but I see others with a July 2021 deposit who is still not getting a spot. That must be very frustrating.

Just got confirmed I received a FE2.0 spot with a planned production of Feb. (they didnt say which year :p )
My deposit was Oct 9, 2021. I was #20 at dealer then and they got 12 or 15 FE1.0 originally.
I submit my 'order' when the dealer submits that months (FEB) builds to the factory..not sure when that will be..probably soon. What i was told anyway.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back