• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Not that I want to put more worries in anyone, but I cannot help but think that after all this waiting (and still another 6-8 months to go), Lotus will ship all the NA cars, and with our luck the ship will sink due to an unprecedented Atlantic storm :confused:

I swear I am actually a very optimistic person, but for some reason, this thought keeps persisting in me.

On actual news: I have an allocation confirmed for FE2, which supposedly be built in December/January and delivered mid- to late-spring '24. I am supposed to put in the final part of the deposit this month. I also received another allocation from a different brand, where the car would be delivered within the next 3 months. I am procrastinating, cannot make a decision, and feel miserable frankly.

Considering the circumstances in which they're being built and delivered, I'm guessing they'll save money by shipping one entire lot, especially if they don't have CARB certification yet. They may also want to do that for accounting purposes too, to show cars built and shipped for this calendar year.

I guess shipping from POE to the various dealers will be handled by Lotuscars USA? Who knows how that goes, but yeah, depending on when CARB cert is achieved, I'm expecting Feb/Mar delivery.
There will be a lot of prayers said regarding the safe passage of that one boat/shipment (cue Porsche nightmare), and more excitement than NORAD"s tracking of Santa Claus over North America. Similar timing, actually.

Not that I want to put more worries in anyone, but I cannot help but think that after all this waiting (and still another 6-8 months to go), Lotus will ship all the NA cars, and with our luck the ship will sink due to an unprecedented Atlantic storm :confused:

I swear I am actually a very optimistic person, but for some reason, this thought keeps persisting in me.

On actual news: I have an allocation confirmed for FE2, which supposedly be built in December/January and delivered mid- to late-spring '24. I am supposed to put in the final part of the deposit this month. I also received another allocation from a different brand, where the car would be delivered within the next 3 months. I am procrastinating, cannot make a decision, and feel miserable frankly.
I assume that the cost of shipping cars together in one batch versus month by month isn't gonna be far off. If you look at the Ro-Ro ships' schedule, a good amount of 'em stop by and pick up cars from the UK before heading to the US. If the port is Baltimore, it cuts the transportation time by a week compared to west coast ports.
I think Lotus is going to ship cars as they finish the build. Before they can deliver the cars, they've got no income/revenue.
I think we can expect Lotus to deliver cars starting in November. With that, you should put down the final deposit ;). I don't know what that other allocation is, (my guess is a 718 gts or a 911 Carrera?), but it sure is not as unique as the Emira.

Speaking of shipments. In other news, 16 Emiras, all 2023 year (i.e. nonproduction), arrived in the US on 7/18:

1000004757.jpg

So those will be dealer demo cars and for emission/regulation testing purposes?

Emissions is self certification -- don't need to have a car there in person. You upload data to the EPA & CARB with specific testing procedures and go back and fourth with their technicians for approval.

Speaking of shipments. In other news, 16 Emiras, all 2023 year (i.e. nonproduction), arrived in the US on 7/18:

View attachment 29911
These are most likely the cars they need to give all those test drives at the Quail during Monterey car week - they arrived in port a little while ago.

I have a test drive Wednesday, August 16th.

Do we have confirmation a shipment of cars for crash testing ever arrived?

Hard to believe I almost didn’t put my deposit down quickly because I didn’t want a “first year” car. I thought it might be better to wait and let the initial bugs be ironed out.

Who would have guessed that Lotus would have close to a year to work out bugs on my “early delivery” car. If they can’t deliver a decently problem free car in the US by this winter then Geely just needs to clean house and boot all the senior people.

Anyway, I’m just trying to ignore that I’m going into year three after my deposit was made.

So those will be dealer demo cars and for emission/regulation testing purposes?
My guess would be demos or cars for certain events. I don't think the cars need to be here for emissions. Not sure about crash test either - there are crash test facilities in Europe to serve European manufacturers.

These are most likely the cars they need to give all those test drives at the Quail during Monterey car week - they arrived in port a little while ago.

I have a test drive Wednesday, August 16th.
Oh boy. @kitkat please tell us what car you drive so we can avoid that one after it breaks down. 😉 Are you testing an I4?

FYI, I was contacted by lotus of Dallas to put my order in for a fe2.0 v6. So it seems the allocations are happening!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back