• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just got confirmed I received a FE2.0 spot with a planned production of Feb. (they didnt say which year :p )
My deposit was Oct 9, 2021. I was #20 at dealer then and they got 12 or 15 FE1.0 originally.
I submit my 'order' when the dealer submits that months (FEB) builds to the factory..not sure when that will be..probably soon. What i was told anyway.
What dealer Aero?

I’m glad I cancelled my order and got deposit refunded. Lotus totally screwed up the Emira rollout. Such incompetence on their part.

I’m glad I cancelled my order and got deposit refunded. Lotus totally screwed up the Emira rollout. Such incompetence on their part.
I get it but I’m sticking it out. Not certain if it’s because I don’t really need it or if it’s just become a test of perseverance.

Hello fellow Lotus spokespersons and logistics officers. What is the latest word on selling this car to North Americans? We gonna do it this year or just gonna keep fuckin around?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there are a lot of people here that really seem to think their dealership knows when they are going to get their Emira. Not even Lotus knows when any of us will be getting a car. This is very much a when it happens it happens situation.

Last edited:
Any updates? Last I heard was October delivery...that's right around the corner....

Any updates? Last I heard was October delivery...that's right around the corner....
There have been a few dealers telling customers first deliveries November. But this is still of course pending approval of the car to be sold here from emissions...

Last report from my dealer: I was recently given a build month of October but still no commitment on delivery I.e. pending.

I have no complaints about my dealer’s communication. He tells me “ not much” because he knows “not much”. Of course what he does say is constantly changing…delivery November…oops…February...April…July…pending. I’ve given up paying much attention at this point. It’ll get here when it gets here. If I find something else I prefer before it gets delivered, I’ll get my money back. I’ve always been able to get my money back, even when it’s “non-refundable”. Never met a dealer who has the stomach for a fight.

Anyway, I should hang out on the cancellation thread. That’s were my brain says I should be, but I’m still patiently waiting unless something else catches my eye.

I feel like I’ve been waiting so long, I should put the refund of the deposit in my will in case I croak before the car arrives.

Last edited:
This forum should start a voting pool as to the following:
  • First US Emira Delivered* in what Month?
  • First US Emira Delivered* on what Date?
  • First US Emira Delivered* in Which State?
  • First US Emira Delivered* is Which Color?
  • First US Emira Delivered* has Tour or Sports Suspension?
Why not have some fun while we wait and see who can guess the best!

* Delivered to a EmiraForum member with dated delivery sheet proof!

Based on all that we've seen and heard, it sounds like Lotus is going to start building our cars in September, and have them all completed and shipped to whatever POE they use for the U.S., (maybe New York?) and that will all be done by December, where they'll be stored awaiting CARB certification provided it hasn't already been received.

Originally the ordering process was spread out over 3 months in 3 batches, and I had the impression they were going to ship that way, but now it sounds like everything is going to be lumped into one shipment. The dealers are apparently going to get their entire order allotment all at once, so it won't matter much which order group you were in.

For dealers that have somewhat large allotments (like mine in Bellevue, Washington which is getting 45 cars) it's going to be fun to process all that, do the PDI, contact each customer, complete the purchase plus whatever add-ons like PPF, etc., and arrange for pickup or delivery. And in the case of Bellevue (Park Place Lotus), this will be in the dead of winter up near Seattle! Yay. I'm assuming each salesperson will be responsible for contacting their customers, and probably in order of when they ordered.

Unless Lotus has received CARB certification by the time the cars arrive in December, I don't expect anyone will be seeing their car until January/February at the earliest. April or May would be better for me simply because of weather conditions. I'm having mine delivered by covered carrier, but I'm NOT going to drive it if there's snow or ice on the roads, and even though I'll gladly receive it, it would be hard to have it just sitting in my garage until weather conditions improved. I'm hoping for a mild winter, but you never know in the Pacific Northwest.

Originally the ordering process was spread out over 3 months in 3 batches, and I had the impression they were going to ship that way, but now it sounds like everything is going to be lumped into one shipment. The dealers are apparently going to get their entire order allotment all at once, so it won't matter much which order group you were in.

Do you mean all FE1.0 will be one batch, or do you mean regardless of FE1.0 or FE2.0 they will be a single batch?

Dealers can't confirm anything because they don't know anything for sure yet. North American Emira builds are scheduled to start in September. Then they sit outside while the rest get built and eventually a batch is shipped over to Baltimore and possibly some other ports. After arriving at the port, they'll apparently be stored indoors (at least in Baltimore, according to my dealer) and wait for certification. Once the cert process is completed, the cars will be released and dispersed to the dealers. Then the dealer will accept the cars and perform PDI and schedule delivery to customers.

Will the certification process go smoothly and quickly? Will this all happen by the end of the year? We don't know yet. I personally doubt it, but we'll see.. Either way, I expect the majority of first deliveries to be completed by Spring 2024 at the latest. I have local friends with orders in and who'd rather wait for a spring delivery anyway (I was saying the same last year about my own potential 2023 Emira delivery). Things should be smooth sailing by summer 2024 with deliveries rolling in frequently and i4 production moving along. 🤞🏼

Based on all that we've seen and heard, it sounds like Lotus is going to start building our cars in September, and have them all completed and shipped to whatever POE they use for the U.S., (maybe New York?) and that will all be done by December, where they'll be stored awaiting CARB certification provided it hasn't already been received.

For dealers that have somewhat large allotments (like mine in Bellevue, Washington which is getting 45 cars) it's going to be fun to process all that, do the PDI, contact each customer, complete the purchase plus whatever add-ons like PPF, etc., and arrange for pickup or delivery. And in the case of Bellevue (Park Place Lotus), this will be in the dead of winter up near Seattle! Yay. I'm assuming each salesperson will be responsible for contacting their customers, and probably in order of when they ordered.

Unless Lotus has received CARB certification by the time the cars arrive in December, I don't expect anyone will be seeing their car until January/February at the earliest. April or May would be better for me simply because of weather conditions. I'm having mine delivered by covered carrier, but I'm NOT going to drive it if there's snow or ice on the roads, and even though I'll gladly receive it, it would be hard to have it just sitting in my garage until weather conditions improved. I'm hoping for a mild winter, but you never know in the Pacific Northwest.
I got the impression from my dealer that they would be released in smaller batches so September builds might be in the US by November. It may not matter if the certification process isn't complete, since all the batches will be stuck in port. I don't expect to see my November build until Jan/Feb.

Lotus should've used some of the money spent on celebrities last week to bribe Carb officials 😄

I got the impression from my dealer that they would be released in smaller batches so September builds might be in the US by November. It may not matter if the certification process isn't complete, since all the batches will be stuck in port. I don't expect to see my November build until Jan/Feb.
Considering the circumstances in which they're being built and delivered, I'm guessing they'll save money by shipping one entire lot, especially if they don't have CARB certification yet. They may also want to do that for accounting purposes too, to show cars built and shipped for this calendar year.

I guess shipping from POE to the various dealers will be handled by Lotuscars USA? Who knows how that goes, but yeah, depending on when CARB cert is achieved, I'm expecting Feb/Mar delivery.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back