• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

More deliveries…

Attachments

• IMG_8484.jpeg
    IMG_8484.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 226
Yea, a lot of DV. But we see other colors getting delivered so I'm not sure what's going on with this sampling. Maybe DV is just that popular. For sure quite a few people asked me if I am getting it in green. It seems to be a popular association with British cars.

If someone gets close and can access the interior (or just see it clearly).

Can you confirm:
* The Sunvisor's are Alcantara.
* Do the damn yellow stickers on them appear to come off easily, or are they baked into the Alcantara in some bizarre fashion with the intent to torture us.

If someone gets close and can access the interior (or just see it clearly).

Can you confirm:
* The Sunvisor's are Alcantara.
* Do the damn yellow stickers on them appear to come off easily, or are they baked into the Alcantara in some bizarre fashion with the intent to torture us.

Lol. Big if true......that would be a shame.

I've noticed on the pictures people have been taking of the cars that have arrived in the U.S., that the Lotus logos for the front and wheels all appear to have a black center instead of the traditional green. Is anybody seeing green centers on any of the cars?
I’ve only seen black ones irl

I’d want a professional to fix that not a dealer personally.
Right, I don't want the dealer letting just anyone touch the paint. What the good pros charge, the dealership likely won't pay for. It's a lot easier/cheaper for a mediocre "detailer" to just come and blend away the imperfections in a haze of swirl marks. I would personally prefer if the dealer didn't wash the car at all before I picked it up and just let me take it home to do a proper wash to find any places that need paint correction.

I have a "DO NOT WASH" sign that I put on the dash of my cars when I drop them off at the dealer for service.

I am THAT guy.

Right, I don't want the dealer letting just anyone touch the paint. What the good pros charge, the dealership likely won't pay for. It's a lot easier/cheaper for a mediocre "detailer" to just come and blend away the imperfections in a haze of swirl marks. I would personally prefer if the dealer didn't wash the car at all before I picked it up and just let me take it home to do a proper wash to find any places that need paint correction.

I have a "DO NOT WASH" sign that I put on the dash of my cars when I drop them off at the dealer for service.

I am THAT guy.
Don’t blame you one bit, if things play out like they’re going to, dealers are going to be busy with a lot of cars all at once.

I am THAT guy.
100%. Most dealerships in the United States are not staffed by people who care about cars.

When I see these owner comments from the UK talking about how their dealer performed paint correction and PPF with a vendor, I'm always shocked. In the US that would be as likely to result in ruined paint as any sort of improvement.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back