• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Thought this was funny...oh how naïve we were years ago...LOL

1705243871233.png

I knew Ray would eventually call you yesterday. He called my buddy around 11am just after I was telling him about the CARB stickers. 😂
Yea, yea, you bailed on us. Quitter.

Seriously, though, wish you were still in. Maybe a hotter version of the Emira for you after the dust settles a bit?

Anyone confirm if its up on Carb? I tried to look but have no idea what I am looking for.

Anyone confirm if its up on Carb? I tried to look but have no idea what I am looking for.
It's not. Me, myself, and I each check 3x daily. Here, you can join in the fun:

It is not, it was just updated today and nothing for Lotus.

From a nomenclature point of view, PC (passenger cars) receive an EO (executive order) after review and approval of the submission. No EO#s exist for Lotus in 2023, 2024, or 2025.

It is not, it was just updated today and nothing for Lotus.

From a nomenclature point of view, PC (passenger cars) receive an EO (executive order) after review and approval of the submission. No EO#s exist for Lotus in 2023, 2024, or 2025.

Wow, they *JUST* updated that page. It wasn't updated when I made my post above yours.

Yea, yea, you bailed on us. Quitter.

Seriously, though, wish you were still in. Maybe a hotter version of the Emira for you after the dust settles a bit?

Haha! I know I'll have some FOMO when I start seeing them on the road. I kinda do now reading this thread... but very happy with my GT. My best friend lives ~5 miles away and will soon have his Magma Red FE, so that will help soften the blow. It'll be awesome to compare them too. And yes, I'm on the list with Lotus of Philly for a future Emira. I'm not going anywhere. Truth be told, I'm actually really excited for the Emeya and Type 135. The Eletre test drive blew me away. If the future Emiras aren't offered with manual trans, I'll be keeping the Evora and maybe a future Lotus EV. We'll see how things play out. :alien:

Based off his IG posts, I think he is quite happy with the Evora :)

I really am! I can't believe how much I've done with the car in the short time I've owned it. Kinda sad it's stuck in the garage these past few days though. They started salting the roads around here and I have her tucked away. BUT I have been tinkering with her a bit this season. Besides the new oil pan, I just installed a beautiful carbon center console trim piece. I gotta get back to taking pics and posting on IG. Just haven't really been motivated lately.

Last week I got an email from my sales guy indicating that my FE 2.0 is on the boat, and expected in the US before the end of the month. The note indicated that they expect certification process to be complete by end of January, and deliveries to start promptly.

The weather in the midwest doesnt look good for driving anytime soon, but it would still be nice to have it my garage.

I'm curious if anyone's dealer has mentioned a Right of First Refusal ("ROFR") agreement? To be clear - my Lotus dealer has never mentioned this. I ask because last week I took delivery of a Porsche and they made me sign an agreement that says if I try to sell it within 12 months I have to offer it back to the Porsche dealer at MSRP, although they are not obligated to buy it. I was not happy about them springing this on me at the time of deliver, but not mentioning it when they took a non-refundable deposit many months ago. With tax and PPF I would lose money selling at MSRP. I don't think it really matters, as I don't plan on selling the Emira (or Porsche) within a year, not to mention that the market seems to be cooling off so I doubt a dealer would pay MSRP. Just curious if anyone has heard this approach regarding Emira?

Last week I got an email from my sales guy indicating that my FE 2.0 is on the boat, and expected in the US before the end of the month. The note indicated that they expect certification process to be complete by end of January, and deliveries to start promptly.

The weather in the midwest doesnt look good for driving anytime soon, but it would still be nice to have it my garage.

I'm curious if anyone's dealer has mentioned a Right of First Refusal ("ROFR") agreement? To be clear - my Lotus dealer has never mentioned this. I ask because last week I took delivery of a Porsche and they made me sign an agreement that says if I try to sell it within 12 months I have to offer it back to the Porsche dealer at MSRP, although they are not obligated to buy it. I was not happy about them springing this on me at the time of deliver, but not mentioning it when they took a non-refundable deposit many months ago. With tax and PPF I would lose money selling at MSRP. I don't think it really matters, as I don't plan on selling the Emira (or Porsche) within a year, not to mention that the market seems to be cooling off so I doubt a dealer would pay MSRP. Just curious if anyone has heard this approach regarding Emira?
That is BS Porsche dealers have lost their minds and treating them like Ferrari. Unless you leased it from them I am not sure how they can legally hold you to that contract. What Porsche did you buy? Details?

That is BS Porsche dealers have lost their minds and treating them like Ferrari. Unless you leased it from them I am not sure how they can legally hold you to that contract. What Porsche did you buy? Details?

I do question the enforceability.... but of course it has a section that claims damages would be difficult to specifically quantify (they claim selling within a year harms the entire Porsche market).... so for avoidance of doubt I would owe them $100K. It also has a mandatory arbitration provision, which I'm guessing is a kangaroo court - so I'd rather not find out.

The car I got was a 2024 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 (manual trans). I'm starting a collection of internal combustion engined cars. I'm excited for the 718 and Emira to co-exist in my garage.

That’s not BS by any means, idk what about you but most people had enough with the crazy mark ups and people taking up allocations and flipping cars, instead of people like us who try and get the car they want for its original MSRP or even at all!
I didn’t know Porsche does it as well but seems reasonable as Lamborghini also implemented this tactic, as they are both in the VAG, I had to sign it on the Revuelto, they will be able to hold up the sale and hold you accountable (as seen in the ford GT John Cena case), but even if you do end up selling it without any consequences you will be black flagged permanently.
Hopefully more manufacturers follow suit and come up with more ways to stop dealers and flippers IMO.

That’s not BS by any means, idk what about you but most people had enough with the crazy mark ups and people taking up allocations and flipping cars, instead of people like us who try and get the car they want for its original MSRP or even at all!
I didn’t know Porsche does it as well but seems reasonable as Lamborghini also implemented this tactic, as they are both in the VAG, I had to sign it on the Revuelto, they will be able to hold up the sale and hold you accountable (as seen in the ford GT John Cena case), but even if you do end up selling it without any consequences you will be black flagged permanently.
Hopefully more manufacturers follow suit and come up with more ways to stop dealers and flippers IMO.
Personally I like Chevy's approach. If you flip it, you don't get to buy from them, and the warranty doesn't transfer. Screw the seller and the buyer.

Seeing as this is the last Lotus I'll ever buy, I would care less if they black listed me...Have you seen the vehicles (Emira not counting) they are putting out? Ugly.

Lotus of Naples has such a clause in their agreement.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back