• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

After reading the fine print for "gift***" I'm not sure if I should accept the key holder or not. 😒

1706241057020.png

The Lotus SPAC extended its deadline to buy Lotus until March lol, it's extended itself many times before though. Might as well also say, SPAC to be complete "soon"

The Lotus SPAC extended its deadline to buy Lotus until March lol, it's extended itself many times before though. Might as well also say, SPAC to be complete "soon
Right after we complete a software update

Hey everyone, I've read all the letters, the article and spoke to my dealer. In short, I've pulled together in one video as complete an update as I'm able for North American order holders. Hope you find this helpful and I hope we all finally get some clarity in the near future!

Hey thanks for sharing this! Sounds like the Lotus rep isn't providing any specific dates or timelines for final CARB approval and next steps. That's probably the wisest course since dealing with government is always unpredictable and California's bureaucracy rivals that of our U.S. Federal government. Lotus has had enough bad communication!

The article has some red flags for me regarding accuracy because the author mentions Meier by name and another time just generically references a rep. So it's possible he is taking statements from different people, from different timeframes and cobbling something together to match his story line. For example, he states that the Emira "can hit 60 mph in 3.5 seconds." I wish!!!

Hope we all get some clarity soon. Personally, I don't know that I'll put much stock in anything I hear until the first customer takes delivery of their Emira here in the U.S.... and even then I'll remain cautiously optimistic for a bit...

We also don't know how many articles are even being written by an actual person nowadays. Seems like a lot of lazy people are using a.i. to write articles, create images, etc. which at first glance look real, but upon closer inspection the minor glitches of an a.i. generated piece become apparent.

We also don't know how many articles are even being written by an actual person nowadays. Seems like a lot of lazy people are using a.i. to write articles, create images, etc. which at first glance look real, but upon closer inspection the minor glitches of an a.i. generated piece become apparent.
That never occurred to - interesting! I've reached out to the author by email...we'll see if I get a response. I'll have to devise a test to make sure it's not a bot. They don't seem able to identify traffic signals, train crossings, or other vehicles, so... :ROFLMAO:

That never occurred to - interesting! I've reached out to the author by email...we'll see if I get a response. I'll have to devise a test to make sure it's not a bot. They don't seem able to identify traffic signals, train crossings, or other vehicles, so... :ROFLMAO:
On an image, a.i. has difficulty with alignment of details, especially fingers, table and chair legs, etc. I'm seeing a lot of wallpapers being uploaded that at first glance look great, until you start to look closely and notice words are vague blurry images, chairs have an extra leg or are sitting in an impossible location, etc. Windows aren't uniform, interiors are spatially out of sync with the exterior, that sort of thing. It's getting better though. It won't be long before it will be nearly impossible to tell without a very close and knowledgeable inspection. Eventually there won't be any way to know if it's real or not.

It's going to be a strange world we're heading towards, and not that far away.

The r/Midjourney subredit is eye opening. It's a brave new world.

The r/Midjourney subredit is eye opening. It's a brave new world.
Yeah. For me we're already at the point where any image of a ufo sighting, strange creature, loch ness monster, etc. is pretty much going to be an a.i. creation. There are too many people out there who will do anything to get a viral video posting on YouTube or tiktok so they can make money from it.

This is going to be a nightmare for copyright and legal matters. They're already struggling with music rights. I've read lately where criminals are using a.i. to synthesize the voice of a loved one or someone you know, to trick people into sending money. If you get a text or especially a phone call saying they're in trouble, CALL THEM FIRST before you believe it. Make sure it's really them.

Well, we don't know the accuracy of the information, but the author probably wasn't using AI to respond to my emails. ,
What if... and hear me out on this... Time2Fly is AI and he never talked to any authors at all and is just trying to lay down cover for the AI uprising. BIG IF TRUE.

Well, we don't know the accuracy of the information, but the author probably wasn't using AI to respond to my emails. ,
The article was really more about the release situation than the car. So it’s not surprising that he might have accidentally typed 3.5 versus 4.5 or remembered 0-60 as the 3.5L engine not the 4.5 0-60. So I‘m not concerned with that misprint. Definitely not something that would have got picked up in a proof read that wasn’t about performance metrics.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back