• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Just posted by Lotus Raleigh - to be taken with a grain of salt and probably just repeating Lotus old news. But for what it’s worth…they’re telling potential buyers today with no deposit they can have a car by fall.

Attachments

• IMG_1488.png
    IMG_1488.png
    352 KB · Views: 138
We need the likes of Motortrend and Jalopnik to pick this up for more traction
It's unfortunate, and a spotlight is being placed on our plight. However Lotus is certainly committed to delivering the cars sitting stateside and those on the way.
The pressure belongs on CARB and its unlikely news coverage will kick them into better gear.
The bigger question is whether compromises must be made or tolerated. News like that serves no one well.
Dealers are caught in the cross fire too.

It's unfortunate, and a spotlight is being placed on our plight. However Lotus is certainly committed to delivering the cars sitting stateside and those on the way.
The pressure belongs on CARB and its unlikely news coverage will kick them into better gear.
The bigger question is whether compromises must be made or tolerated. News like that serves no one well.
Dealers are caught in the cross fire too.
Apologize for my lack of knowledge here but aren’t EU standards tighter? Or perhaps different. I may be totally wrong but I always thought EU was tighter and that NA car might get more throttle etc (but still have to pass CARB). I know for us in Canada they just go with the US certification.

My FE2.0 arrived at dealer yesterday. Showed up sooner than they thought so I couldnt be there in person but dealer took photos of unloading.
The privacy glass even looks right. I did get permission to post these.
Original deposit Oct 9 2021. Originally #20 at dealer. Official order submission Aug 30, 2023.
He said I can drive it (supervised) next weekend once it clears inspection process. Surprised about that.
View attachment 35576View attachment 35577
Love the color! Enjoy!!!

Finally had a breakthrough in my approx. 30 month Emira Odyssey.
Arrival of my Nimbus, lower black pack, privacy glass, gray Alcantara, black wheels with silver calipers dream car. Now dealing with a different wait.
Timeless color! Congratulations !!!

Just posted by Lotus Raleigh - to be taken with a grain of salt and probably just repeating Lotus old news. But for what it’s worth…they’re telling potential buyers today with no deposit they can have a car by fall.
I believe it... Lotus has clearly been building mostly North American cars for the last couple months, and most likely next couple. I imagine they are trying to lock in as many first edition V6 manuals they can now so that they can release the base edition configurator before fall. UK/EU customers are probably tired of the 2.5 year long first editions they can order.

Apologize for my lack of knowledge here but aren’t EU standards tighter? Or perhaps different. I may be totally wrong but I always thought EU was tighter and that NA car might get more throttle etc (but still have to pass CARB). I know for us in Canada they just go with the US certification.
I understand that the EU standards more stringent than the U.S. (federal), but less than California. So, U.S. < EU < CARB

All I have to say is: hell yes.

After 2.5 years of absolutely zero transparency from Lotus towards us their customers, Lotus absolutely deserve every single bit of bad press that gets published over this issue.

Also, I disagree with those who place all the blame on CARB / California. They're just doing their job, trying to help keep the air clean for everybody (not to mention trying to slow down a certain impending ecological disaster that you may have heard about in the news...). And don't forget, Lotus are the ones who — by this forum's best guesses anyway — waited until the last minute to even begin filing their emissions certification application for North America in the first place. And then when the emissions process took the exact same amount of time that it takes for every other auto manufacturer, Lotus had the nerve to (still, even as of last week) lie to all of us, and blame global supply chains yet again.

Lotus sure know how to build a nice sports car, but god damn if they aren't the most incompetent and shady business people I've ever heard of in the automotive industry.

If “Soon” was a drinking game, and I had the car delivered to me before 2025, I’d get a DUI just looking at it.

All I have to say is: hell yes.

After 2.5 years of absolutely zero transparency from Lotus towards us their customers, Lotus absolutely deserve every single bit of bad press that gets published over this issue.

Also, I disagree with those who place all the blame on CARB / California. They're just doing their job, trying to help keep the air clean for everybody (not to mention trying to slow down a certain impending ecological disaster that you may have heard about in the news...). And don't forget, Lotus are the ones who — by this forum's best guesses anyway — waited until the last minute to even begin filing their emissions certification application for North America in the first place. And then when the emissions process took the exact same amount of time that it takes for every other auto manufacturer, Lotus had the nerve to (still, even as of last week) lie to all of us, and blame global supply chains yet again.

Lotus sure know how to build a nice sports car, but god damn if they aren't the most incompetent and shady business people I've ever heard of in the automotive industry.
There is no way this is on CARB. I may think some Cali laws are over the top. But if every single other manufacturer can pull this off, it can’t be that complicated…

Especially considering they know what the rules are. It’s not like CARB is going we’re bored let’s change the rules for Lotus.

I don’t mind waiting a few more weeks for CARB Certification
Had surgery on my right calf this week.
Doctor told me it will be a few weeks or more to heal.

Let's all also remember a crucial bit of info shared by CARB: the certification process takes 90 days. That means they started this in October. But remember we were told of delays back in August blaming CARB certification being pushed "to the back of the line" - at a time when they had not even submitted the latest application.

Let's all also remember a crucial bit of info shared by CARB: the certification process takes 90 days. That means they started this in October. But remember we were told of delays back in August blaming CARB certification being pushed "to the back of the line" - at a time when they had not even submitted the latest application.
True, and if Lotus has just submitted another update to CARB within the last few weeks, are we now looking at another 90 day certification cycle?? Hopefully, CARB would allow updates to be made and certify without having to start the whole process over. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on these processes would have more insight.

It would be very unfortunate if the vehicles sit at dealers for another 3 months...

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back