• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

What month do you think 2025 model years will be released? (August?) For us 2021 2.0's from a depreciation standpoint this is depressing if we really are 90 days away = April
They may be building 2025 cars right now. But that is anyone's guess.

I know, just trying to get to page 400!
Here I'll help... with a question.
probably wrong thread to ask..
What do you think will replace or happen to the spot on the car where there's an FE Badge? Most spots wouldn't notice anything missing but the rear pillar .there is an ident it seems like for the Badge.
Maybe just a badge thats says emira or lotus?

What do you think will replace or happen to the spot on the car where there's an FE Badge? Most spots wouldn't notice anything missing but the rear pillar .there is an ident it seems like for the Badge.
Just Emira

What month do you think 2025 model years will be released? (August?) For us 2021 2.0's from a depreciation standpoint this is depressing if we really are 90 days away = April
The email to the automatic transmission deposit holders said their cars would be MY 2025 and would be delivered this summer 🤷‍♂️

The email to the automatic transmission deposit holders said their cars would be MY 2025 and would be delivered this summer 🤷‍♂️
In the U.S. that's not unusual. Typically a model year ends in the first 2 weeks of July, and the next model year starts in September. So in this example, Emira model year 2024 (at least for the U.S.) would end in July, and orders for model year 2025 would begin in September. The month of August is usually reserved for retooling with whatever changes were made for the upcoming new model year.

Is there any possibility Lotus will de-tune the V6 to pass CARB?

I’m not sure if dropping some power would get better CARB numbers.😳

If that happens, I’d have to think hard about accepting the Emira or keeping my 2018 Evora.
No

I think this is a good time to remind everyone who's frustrated here that these are the good problems to have. We'll all have our exotic sports cars soon enough. 😏

Also, I'm banning anyone who says "big if true" again. 👮
I had a similar thought - we're all putting up with this nonsense because we love cars. This never was a sensible/rational decision, nor is a Lotus something we "need" to function in our daily life. But dang it will be fun when it arrives!

At some point (not now) everyone can look back and laugh, right? Ok, maybe I'm taking it too far now. :LOL:

If that happens, I’d have to think hard about accepting the Emira or keeping my 2018 Evora.

Let’s nip this in the bud right now.

Lotus self tested and passed the Emira with Federal tier 3 bin 125 and California LEV 3 ULEV 125 emissions standards.

It does not need to detune anything.

EPA has certified their test.

We’re waiting for CARB to certify their test.

You can read the document for yourself here https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=59487&flag=1

Nah, they'll just add a 4th cat and lower the rev limit to 6k.

Jk.. I don't think they'll have to do any of that. If anything, they'll tweak the a/f ratio via a reflash, but hopefully it's just more paperwork hurdles. They need to throw money at the right person to get things moving along.

Lotus self tested and passed the Emira with Federal tier 3 bin 125 and California LEV 3 ULEV 125 emissions standards.

You can read the document for yourself here https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=59487&flag=1
Thanks Kitkat.

Such a sh**show.

An idle mind is a terrible thing.

84-lotus-emira-prototype-drive-mar-2022-side-decals.jpg

Amazing find & share!
Applying the 90-day review cycle mentioned by the CARB spokesperson in the recent auto press story, CARB will reveal ruling first week of February (based on Lotus 10,25.23 issue date).
The end is near.
Hope I didn't just hallucinate.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back