• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I'm giving them until the Ides of March when driving season starts to kick in here in PA.
I have a bad feeling that this isn't going well and I'll be reinvesting my $110k elsewhere.

Speaking of $110k.... Remember the original lie we were sold on that these would be in the 80s.
I thought "what an incredible bargain"
Now, I'm not so sure 🤔

True, and if Lotus has just submitted another update to CARB within the last few weeks, are we now looking at another 90 day certification cycle?? Hopefully, CARB would allow updates to be made and certify without having to start the whole process over. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on these processes would have more insight.

It would be very unfortunate if the vehicles sit at dealers for another 3 months...
Or, another 3 months after that!

Just posted by Lotus Raleigh - to be taken with a grain of salt and probably just repeating Lotus old news. But for what it’s worth…they’re telling potential buyers today with no deposit they can have a car by fall.
Hot Wheels, MatchBox, or Lego?

True, and if Lotus has just submitted another update to CARB within the last few weeks, are we now looking at another 90 day certification cycle?? Hopefully, CARB would allow updates to be made and certify without having to start the whole process over. Maybe someone more knowledgeable on these processes would have more insight.

It would be very unfortunate if the vehicles sit at dealers for another 3 months...
How long before a 2024 MY Emira be spun as a 2025 MY car
with just the slap of a CARB sticker?
Asking for a friend.

These cars can't be made to be 2025. EPA rules require all cars made for a model year include 1/1 of that year. So it's not possible for a 2025 model year to reach back into 2023 production because 1/1/2024 is in the way.

What month do you think 2025 model years will be released? (August?) For us 2021 2.0's from a depreciation standpoint this is depressing if we really are 90 days away = April

Last edited:

"While some Emiras have been delivered to customers in the 36 states that adhere to EPA rules, the company is worried that secondhand modes won't be able to be registered in states that follow CARB standards. As a result, Lotus won't officially start sales until the Emira is legal to drive in all 50 states. The Norfolk-based company is waiting for CARB approval following tests and software updates."

BIG IF TRUE

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back