• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Good news for the Aussies! Getting their I4's! What was the reason NA couldnt get them?

1706474634848.png

Went and visited my car at dealer this weekend (2hr drive) mainly to look for any issues. Was too nasty and wet to drive unfortunately and it was in the middle of showroom so dont want to lose spot.
Can confirm the cars come with battery tender. It was a Lotus branded one. It looked like link at bottom. I'd already bought a CTEK I'll be returning now.
I asked about the 'gift' and I mentioned it was probably that cup, chocolate, and candle. He seemed to know what it was going to be and said it wasnt that. Just that it was going to be something unique and nice. Thought they would ship out this week so we'll get sometime around Christmas 24.
Luckily the paint on my car looked very good. All the panel gaps were good and no obvious defects. He said a few of the cars and darker colors paint wasnt as good. (mine seneca) A green and shadow one I could see some orange peel and swirl marks.
I asked if they were going to keep getting cars causing more of storage issue. He said he'll get 3 or 4 more and then there will be a lull in deliveries for a while.
He said all he was told about CARB was that it was supposed to be approved in January. They dont know anything more than us apparently.
https://www.lotuspartsonline.com/p/Lotus__/Battery-Charger/109135962/LOTAC09030.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I won't purchase a battery tender now thanks to your post. Mine is a Seneca as well.

Any positive news on the CARB approval.
My salesperson told me that he received positive CARB news just this morning. Since CARB hasn't passed his landlord is going to give him until the end of February to catch up on his overdue rent before he will have to evict him.

BIG IF..... PROVEN AFFIRMATIVELY

Does anyone know if a deposit can be swapped between dealers? I am considering a move and wondering what the implications would be. It's still pretty far out - i4 so 2025 delivery - but I have a locked in build.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back