• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Does anyone know if a deposit can be swapped between dealers? I am considering a move and wondering what the implications would be. It's still pretty far out - i4 so 2025 delivery - but I have a locked in build.

I doubt it, but doesn't hurt to ask. Each dealer has their own dedicated allocations. I imagine the original dealer wouldn't be too happy.

Does anyone know if a deposit can be swapped between dealers? I am considering a move and wondering what the implications would be. It's still pretty far out - i4 so 2025 delivery - but I have a locked in build.
I have been told you can do this. You have to call Lotus USA directly to have them change your preferred dealer with the same submission ID (deposit number). Let us know if it happens!

Went and visited my car at dealer this weekend (2hr drive) mainly to look for any issues. Was too nasty and wet to drive unfortunately and it was in the middle of showroom so dont want to lose spot.
Can confirm the cars come with battery tender. It was a Lotus branded one. It looked like link at bottom. I'd already bought a CTEK I'll be returning now.
I asked about the 'gift' and I mentioned it was probably that cup, chocolate, and candle. He seemed to know what it was going to be and said it wasnt that. Just that it was going to be something unique and nice. Thought they would ship out this week so we'll get sometime around Christmas 24.
Luckily the paint on my car looked very good. All the panel gaps were good and no obvious defects. He said a few of the cars and darker colors paint wasnt as good. (mine seneca) A green and shadow one I could see some orange peel and swirl marks.
I asked if they were going to keep getting cars causing more of storage issue. He said he'll get 3 or 4 more and then there will be a lull in deliveries for a while.
He said all he was told about CARB was that it was supposed to be approved in January. They dont know anything more than us apparently.
https://www.lotuspartsonline.com/p/Lotus__/Battery-Charger/109135962/LOTAC09030.html
I was in Daytona for the Rolex and stopped by Lotus of Orlando to see the Emira. I loved seeing it in person and can't wait to receive this summer (I'm prepared for several more months delay :)) Loved seeing all the cars, all the colors, stacked up inside. Did not notice any excess orange peel, actually the paint looked good but there was alot of swirls .... easily fixed with some paint correction.

Interesting...here's the CA government's website and POC info for CARB certification

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 15.49.17.png

Last edited:
I was in Daytona for the Rolex and stopped by Lotus of Orlando to see the Emira. I loved seeing it in person and can't wait to receive this summer (I'm prepared for several more months delay :)) Loved seeing all the cars, all the colors, stacked up inside. Did not notice any excess orange peel, actually the paint looked good but there was alot of swirls .... easily fixed with some paint correction.
I was in Orlando over the weekend and drove by near the dealership there. I thought about stopping by but decided to keep myself pure - I still have not seen an Emira in person.

I was in Orlando over the weekend and drove by near the dealership there. I thought about stopping by but decided to keep myself pure - I still have not seen an Emira in person.
Same, I just drove through Dallas for work and thought "nope, it'll just make things worse" 😆

California already ruined their own state, now there pushing for the rest of the country! This is crazy at this point, either lotus is hiring people with no skill and paying horrible salaries or CARB Is sticking it to lotus for unknown reasons.

Official News - Did not pass next try is FEB 12 if that does not go well it into March
If this is true, and it did not pass vs. a paperwork holdup, the question is, what needs to be done to get it to pass? Again, the possibility of de-tuning comes into play! 😠

If this is true, and it did not pass vs. a paperwork holdup, the question is, what needs to be done to get it to pass? Again, the possibility of de-tuning comes into play! 😠
I agree with that, detune and a 6th cat. Oh also remove the 6th gear.

there's no additional horsepower to D-tune at all. cars already slow, just looks extremely nice, if its any slower, does that qualify it as a sports car anymore. or just a loud good looking Toyota?

California already ruined their own state, now there pushing for the rest of the country! This is crazy at this point, either lotus is hiring people with no skill and paying horrible salaries or CARB Is sticking it to lotus for unknown reasons.

Lotus lost their engineer that handled regulatory emissions last year, so it probably is like a bunch of new people trying to figure it out.

In regards to de-tuning……..I’M OUT IF TRUE!!!!

@benjh1028 same honestly. I was looking at the JUBU kit for post warranty, but I'm not interested if there's any reduction in power. It handles very well and looks amazing, but there are other cars. I'll eat my current cost in parts and move on.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back