• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

8e0qhn.jpg

How do new cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini, and the like pass - all featuring V8s/v12s - but our Toyota Camry V6 with a supercharger fails (and half the horsepower)?

How does a reduced HP tune somehow make the engine more efficient to meet CA standards? That just feels like something made up…

How do new cars from Ferrari, Lamborghini, and the like pass - all featuring V8s/v12s - but our Toyota Camry V6 with a supercharger fails (and half the horsepower)?

How does a reduced HP tune somehow make the engine more efficient to meet CA standards? That just feels like something made up…
Incompetency by Lotus?

He rubbed a magic crystal and thats what came to him. Probably cant reveal his source.....he will...soon.

I was also just told by my dealer new estimated date is Feb 12 - March 12
Of 2027 - when they remove our current engine and do a battery swap officially making us 1st edition owners (of an all electric platform), just like they promised.

What, did you think that first edition badge meant something else?
😆

MIGZ hasn’t been proven wrong yet on any info he shared to this point. May just not have seen the posts.
First, joking (it's a meme), second, come on man you can't just drop a bomb with zero context on the most anticipated thing everyone has been watching for and just say it didn't pass.

Official News - Did not pass next try is FEB 12 if that does not go well it into March
I have the feeling that they did not submit paperwork until mid December, and the 90 day period within CARB has to approve would it put to mid march.
as many have pointed out here already, CARB is not doing any testing at this stage, all they do is certify the Manufacturer performed tests, and they have to issue a decision on that within 90 days.

I actually had email correspondences with CARB today, surprisingly quite fast and helpful. They could confirm there is no certification of the Lotus Emira, and recommended to check back frequently on their site. However after me asking if their were in receipt of an application, and as to the application date, they said that it was confidential, however they did confirm that a decision would be made by CARB within 90 days……

not having all facts obviously at hand, I put my bet down on the 90 days passing by mid march….as that could make sense……it is getting pathetic for sure though

my car is getting ppf’ed this week, so that makes me feel a little better protection wise……

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back