• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I bought another Porsche, but I still visit this thread for the entertainment value, and to see the sheer will of those still putting up with this insanity.

Here are some ideas for the gift...

First Edition "Legendary Waiter" Trophy - A trophy commemorating legendary patience.

A Custom Magic 8 Ball - A version of the toy where every side of the icosahedron says either "soon" or "big if true".

A Cloak of Invisibility - A cloth mat that depositors can lay in their empty garage spaces so they can pretend they actually took delivery of their car.

An "Auto Therapy" Coloring Book - A stress relieving coloring book of Emira images to ease the frustration of waiting.

Carma Sutra Manual - A book that illustrates all of the ways depositors have been Fckd by Lotus.
My source said the reward for enduring Lotus Brand Loyalty it's actually a Gift Catalog containing such treasures as:
- Go-Configurator attention span lengthening game - Professional Version
- Worth-the-weight scale: for weighing doubts about car specs
- Supply Chain letter template: Souvenir edition
- Add Lightness LED pocket flashlight (for answering those what-now questions)
- CARB counter blood pressure monitor (for tracking daily metrics)
#For The Valued

Agreed, this community is simply the best! Thank you everyone for all the laughs while scrolling through today's posts. 😂 Couldn't ask for a better way to kill time during the wait.

I feel like once our cars are finally delivered, we will all have trauma-bonded with one another. Haha. Hoping we can all meet up in person some day and share some beers and go for some drives!
I fear there will still be plenty of trauma to bond over after we get our cars. Most will start with “I waited 2 1/2 years and they still didn’t fix the [windshield wipers]…...”

Well if you guys wanna fast forward to the trauma. Here’s the latest issue to look forward to

Well if you guys wanna fast forward to the trauma. Here’s the latest issue to look forward to

Maybe that's how they fixed the weather stripping gap we were complaining about for a while there.

People, I just want to bring up that whatever ECU tweaks they are going to do, it will be done to the normal or "emission-compliant" mapping. It should not affect sport or track mode.
I have a close friend that works pretty high up at a different major automobile manufacturer. He said they have run into issues with CARB cert before, and the ECU tweaks they had to make to pass had no impact on the HP of the car.

I have a close friend that works pretty high up at a different major automobile manufacturer. He said they have run into issues with CARB cert before, and the ECU tweaks they had to make to pass had no impact on the HP of the car.

This is good to hear. I know we learned to not be positive around here, but If anything, wouldn't leaning out the tune actually improve emissions and result in more power? Maybe something good will come from this?

This is good to hear. I know we learned to not be positive around here, but If anything, wouldn't leaning out the tune actually improve emissions and result in more power? Maybe something good will come from this?
Can't hurt to hope for / see a bright side. Just like how every month that passes means I'm going to pay them with a weaker dollar....

Some of the emissions have to do with tip in and tip out -- basically going onto and coming off the throttle. Big changes in transients mean more unburnt hydrocarbons and particulate matter. It's why things like rev-hang exists in order to smooth out those emissions on tip out. They have no impact on power output of the car but they will have an effect on response to throttle. Maybe that's what they're changing?

Some of the emissions have to do with tip in and tip out -- basically going onto and coming off the throttle. Big changes in transients mean more unburnt hydrocarbons and particulate matter. It's why things like rev-hang exists in order to smooth out those emissions on tip out. They have no impact on power output of the car but they will have an effect on response to throttle. Maybe that's what they're changing?
This ^ is my biggest worry…

New Canadian website was launched today and new configurator is now live. Much better site. Noticed this in the options;

Darck chrome interior trim finishers? New addition for base customer with the design pack?

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 4.02.51 PM.png

Whatever, "science man"

@Bilbao-Emira has a V6 Auto - I don't think his is as bad as that video. When I tested one, I didn't really test a hard pull from a stop.
I agree, although I am not worried about 0-60 at all. It's not a rocket anyway, same as the manual.
These guys in the video didn´t know that the V6 Auto has Launch Control, which will make a big difference in their sloppy start, together with getting rid of the passenger 🤪

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back