• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

I thought the same thing a few days ago about the de-tuning idea and KitKat put an end to that scenario.

I was told by my SA the delay is solely due to the Lotus paperwork not making it through the que and that other applications are still ahead of Lotus.

Hard to know what to believe at this point.

I'm with you, I don't know what to believe at this point. All I know is I'm getting a gift on Monday.

hand-in-box-showing-middle-finger.jpg

I thought the same thing a few days ago about the de-tuning idea and KitKat put an end to that scenario.

I was told by my SA the delay is solely due to the Lotus paperwork not making it through the que and that other applications are still ahead of Lotus.

Hard to know what to believe at this point.
It is not just the paperwork. There was an update i believe for ECU or something.
Once Carb Approves that, the dealerships will be notified and sent the update to download.
Then and only then will they be allowed to release the cars to customers. Or maybe not.
We shall see if true or not.

It is not just the paperwork. There was an update i believe for ECU or something.
Once Carb Approves that, the dealerships will be notified and sent the update to download.
Then and only then will they be allowed to release the cars to customers. Or maybe not.
I’m going to Turks & Caicos for a month🌴🍹😎

What’s the over/under CARB will be done when I get back🤪

No offense, but I won’t be checking the forum.

This seems unlikely, if they need to update the ECU they need to go through the entire test procedure again and apply for certification again. We're talking months there...

Dear Dealer:
Plug into OBD II port.
Turn on ignition.
Push “Enter”.
Cylinder deactivation complete.
Horsepower reduction complete.
Done.
Fill out customer paperwork.
Get Payment.

Attachments

• IMG_1761.jpeg
    IMG_1761.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 26
Speculative information at best. Cite your source and provide believable bona fides. If Lotus can't deliver a 400 hp car the are opening the door to a class action lawsuit. This is less than the evora gt, so HP/emissions are likely not the problem.

This seems unlikely, if they need to update the ECU they need to go through the entire test procedure again and apply for certification again. We're talking months there...
you mean the process they started back in Dec.... remember they knew (and Gator knew) it was not passed when cars were crossing the Atlantic and heading over to dealers. Dec. 12th to March 12 is 90 days. This is why I was told Mid March at the beginning of Jan.

Newest update from my dealer:

Dear Lotus Emira Depositors:

We wanted to make you aware of an update we've just received from Lotus regarding Emira deliveries in the US. The California Air Resources Board [CARB] has given Lotus an approval window of February 12th - Mach 13th. Lotus is actively working with CARB to push for the earliest approval possible as we all anxiously await the green light to begin deliveries of the V6 Manual Transmission First Edition variants.

This delay has not halted or altered production of the Emira, just our ability to deliver them. You should also be aware that Lotus has made the decision to not deliver Emiras in any state, including those not subject to CARB Certification, until all states are approved to do so.

Deliveries of the Automatic V6 models are expected to commence in the middle of this year and the I4 AMG variant is still scheduled for early 2025.

While we await certification, V6 production remains on schedule. Lotus has informed us that they intend to stage vehicles at the Baltimore Seaport in advance of final CARB approval which will minimize the time between Certification and Delivery.

We will continue to keep you informed and relay any news of the Emira delivery schedule as soon as we receive it. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions in the meantime.

Thank you,

Let's just say Jubu and Komo-tec should be very very happy with Lotus at the moment. Looks like we will be needing those ECU upgrades after all. We should push Lotus to authorize one of the ECU upgrades that would not void the warranty. That would be the best present they could give.

Lotus has informed us that they intend to stage vehicles at the Baltimore Seaport in advance of final CARB approval which will minimize the time between Certification and Delivery.
Does this mean the CARB state cars will also be shipping now/asap?

Speculative information at best. Cite your source and provide believable bona fides. If Lotus can't deliver a 400 hp car the are opening the door to a class action lawsuit. This is less than the evora gt, so HP/emissions are likely not the problem.
HP is not the problem it will be 400hp
There are minor tweaks that need to be done.
I was given the information in strict confidence. I’m not here to give misinformation to any one on this forum. Why would I I’m patently waiting to take delivery of my car.
You can believe me or not that’s your choice

This is what an ECU de-tune can do to your driving experience in a sports car. Watch these 0-60 pulls. Mind you from an auto box. The BHP wouldn't be touched, but many other parameters could be changed. This is my biggest worry. Neutering the throttle response to pass emissions. (is this the Emira Auto they sent to carb for certification?!?)

HP is not the problem it will be 400hp
There are minor tweaks that need to be done.
I was given the information in strict confidence. I’m not here to give misinformation to any one on this forum. Why would I I’m patently waiting to take delivery of my car.
You can believe me or not that’s your choice
I-want-to-believe GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY - vitarex.hu

Newest update from my dealer:

Dear Lotus Emira Depositors:

We wanted to make you aware of an update we've just received from Lotus regarding Emira deliveries in the US. The California Air Resources Board [CARB] has given Lotus an approval window of February 12th - Mach 13th. Lotus is actively working with CARB to push for the earliest approval possible as we all anxiously await the green light to begin deliveries of the V6 Manual Transmission First Edition variants.

This delay has not halted or altered production of the Emira, just our ability to deliver them. You should also be aware that Lotus has made the decision to not deliver Emiras in any state, including those not subject to CARB Certification, until all states are approved to do so.

Deliveries of the Automatic V6 models are expected to commence in the middle of this year and the I4 AMG variant is still scheduled for early 2025.

While we await certification, V6 production remains on schedule. Lotus has informed us that they intend to stage vehicles at the Baltimore Seaport in advance of final CARB approval which will minimize the time between Certification and Delivery.

We will continue to keep you informed and relay any news of the Emira delivery schedule as soon as we receive it. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions in the meantime.

Thank you,
Best post award! Actual facts from a dealer, that mirror exactly what I was told. We need more like this. Information and not speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back