• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Ok, to save me all the pages of reading everyday (I'm obsessed with keeping up with this thread, read all 386 pages so far) I am instating a new rule:

**We now start the silent game**

First to post loses, you can only share if it is pertinent facts regarding the CARB approval or definitive timeline for delivery.

Begin!

I think based on the timing of the 'gift' arrival (based on what my dealer told me of shipping out this week) Lotus knew they weren't getting CARB approval in January so they are looking to try to soften the news.
I certainly would rather have a honest press release or video from Windle detailing how/why they have mismanaged the CARB process and been awful at customer communication. Give a real, honest timeline based on real facts (not hopes). Ensure they are going to support their USA dealers/customers with steps laid out after the sale as well. That would be free and probably what we all want.
won't happen though.......maybe the gift is a Lotus hourglass with concrete instead of sand.
Variation on a theme: 'Add lateness'

Ok, to save me all the pages of reading everyday (I'm obsessed with keeping up with this thread, read all 386 pages so far) I am instating a new rule:

First to post loses, you can only share if it is pertinent facts regarding the CARB approval or definitive timeline for delivery.

Begin!
I lose

Someone in St Louis reported that LOTUS just announced US cars will be released to owners between Feb 12-March 12th.
Nothing Lotus says can be trusted.
Lotus says lots of lies
The original lie this car would be priced in the $80s.
My out the door price without taxes and tags is pushing $110k

Lotus says lots of lies

My wife and I are definitely debating getting it now or waiting a couple years. If they are going to import so many, it’s not much of a limited run and with how big of a shitshow it has been I want to see how well they support the cars.

110k versus 80k opens up a whole bunch of different car options. Also Colorado has stupid registration fees on new cars.

Lotus says lots of lies
Was that ever official?
Back in July 2021, my salsesman estimated the V6 would start in the mid $90Ks. That has always been my expectation and he was dead-on.

Last edited:

Begin!

You gave it a solid shot!

My wife and I are definitely debating getting it now or waiting a couple years. If they are going to import so many, it’s not much of a limited run and with how big of a shitshow it has been I want to see how well they support the cars.

110k versus 80k opens up a whole bunch of different car options. Also Colorado has stupid registration fees on new cars.
If you want a new one, don't wait too long...

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 10.34.25 AM.png

That may be true, but the production from the three model years will be thousands more than total Evora for a decade.
Yes but the Evora didn't have the appeal and demand the Emira has. It remains to be seen what kind of reaction the Emira gets once it hits the streets in the U.S.

Yes but the Evora didn't have the appeal and demand the Emira has. It remains to be seen what kind of reaction the Emira gets once it hits the streets in the U.S.
At $110 it’s still a limited group that can buy it. I also don’t care too much about new. I can do most work on cars so if there’s something wrong I can generally fix it. Luckily this one isn’t too tech heavy. The main issue I see is parts and how easy they’ll be able to get from Lotus.

I’m honestly torn, we’ll see how it goes. We have our allocation submitted but have heard nothing yet, most likely because we’re in a CARB state. We also haven’t even had a flipping test drive which may change my wife’s opinion eitherway.

**slowly heads to cars.com to search for Evora GTs for sale like the wise man once did**
Oddly enough that’s where my Emira journey started. I was like 1-2 yr old Evora was the same price as the preorders. Well, we all know how well that worked out

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back