• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Lotus of Naples wants me to pay 20,000 over MSRP may have to renegotiate that. That being said I did get in on canceled order last August but with the inconsistency of this auto maker not sure I feel comfortable paying 20,000 over MSRP did anyone else get this added onto there purchase?

Lotus of Naples wants me to pay 20,000 over MSRP may have to renegotiate that. That being said I did get in on canceled order last August but with the inconsistency of this auto maker not sure I feel comfortable paying 20,000 over MSRP did anyone else get this added onto there purchase?
I could be wrong but the majority of the forum members are not paying the ADM (additional dealer markup). If I were you I would try to see if I could get another allocation somewhere else before I start to negotiate. I hope you are in a situation that allows you to wait for the car.

A lot of people on this forum have had similar cars to this Emira. I have never driven a mid engine car prior to the Evora and Emira last year. I will wait forever for it, I don't care about the time.

I have my order at Naples dealership and it is at MSRP. I would not pay $20K over MSRP.

I could be wrong but the majority of the forum members are not paying the ADM (additional dealer markup). If I were you I would try to see if I could get another allocation somewhere else before I start to negotiate. I hope you are in a situation that allows you to wait for the car.

A lot of people on this forum have had similar cars to this Emira. I have never driven a mid engine car prior to the Evora and Emira last year. I will wait forever for it, I don't care about the time.
$20k ADM! 😡🤬
That's absolute insanity.
I would 100% cancel that order.
Lotus Philly, no adm at all and just the initial $2500 deposit. No BS from these guys.

Maybe it's because of my age, but I have a much greater appreciation and awareness of the scope of time now. Friends and family are gone. Most of the places I hung out at and grew up with are gone. Entire city blocks were torn down to the ground and apartments built in their place. I can't even take a cruise down memory lane; it isn't there anymore.

I remember iconic cars, moments in time, races, etc. The Emira is IT. It's the last ICE car Lotus will make. Stellantis has already ended the run of the ICE Alfa Romeo Giulia and dismantled the factory. I still have my 2017 Giulia and it's a keeper. Gorgeous car, inside and out. A joy to drive, even on long trips. So I will have the last ICE Alfa Romeo sports sedan, and the last ICE Lotus sports car.

To me the Emira represents the end of a lifetime of memories, of all the people, places, races I went to, racetracks that are long gone now, etc. After 72 years, 7 weeks is almost nothing.
"So I will have the last ICE Alfa Romeo sports sedan, and the last ICE Lotus sports car."
Just loving that! :)

I notice a number of dealers posting social media videos and in each one the cars are re-positioned or re-located or rearranged in some manner. So essentially they are getting in our cars, starting them up, and moving them around the lot. I find this a bit frustrating. The delays only make it worse.
Man, you'd hate to see what those port/dock workers are doing to your car then. :)

I have driven mid engine cars for last 20 years. You will not be disappointed.

I notice a number of dealers posting social media videos and in each one the cars are re-positioned or re-located or rearranged in some manner. So essentially they are getting in our cars, starting them up, and moving them around the lot. I find this a bit frustrating. The delays only make it worse.
It not your car until its paid off, right now its the dealers car, if you finance its the banks cars, pay cash it could be your car.

No way I would pay $20k over for this car. But I realize some people have the $$ to get the car and it works for them. I met a guy this weekend that paid $50k over for the same Z06 that I paid MSRP. He was totally fine with it so to each their own. Good luck with your decision

Just updated, no Lotus yet.

You have to wonder if something like what Stellantis faces in this article is happening here; mainly two different standards for certification based on how well the company played ball early on (allegedly)

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2023/12/06/stellantis-petition-california-carb-greenhouse-gas-emissions/71827777007/

Last edited:
Gator is selling its positions for MSRP.

You have to wonder if something like what Stellantis faces in this article is happening here; mainly two different standards for certification based on how well the company played ball early on (allegedly)

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/chrysler/2023/12/06/stellantis-petition-california-carb-greenhouse-gas-emissions/71827777007/

Don't know much about framework agreements but this seems to be a fleet wide agreement type of system.

I don't have the expertise to understand exactly what is being achieved to get a fair take on Stellantis or CARB's side.

Here's BMW's agreement: https://ww2.arb.ca.gov/sites/default/files/2020-08/final-bmw-framework-agreement.pdf

Good news is it’s not just us. 911s are now on a stop sale for some chip issue most likely related to emissions.

I would suggest looking for a barely used one. I'm sure there will be a few and then the owner gets out at about MSRP and you don't have to pay that mark up.

Arrived home to a nice surprise. The Lotus gift. It’s very nice.
IMG_0530.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back