• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Spoke to my dealer yesterday. He said not to expect my car until end of March. CARB State. FE 1.0 Deposit 9/21.
So much for 1st few weeks of 2024 per Lotus email.. Just so tired of all this BS. Seriously, don't know if I even want it anymore.

Spoke to my dealer yesterday. He said not to expect my car until end of March. CARB State. FE 1.0 Deposit 9/21.
So much for 1st few weeks of 2024 per Lotus email.. Just so tired of all this BS. Seriously, don't know if I even want it anymore.
Oh please, c'mon now. You've waited 29 months so far and you're going to wilt because of another 7 weeks? If the time frame was one month, then a "few weeks" would be 3. Since the time frame is an entire year, a few weeks fits within 3 months, so end of March is within that measure.

If another few weeks is just too much for you, then by all means sell it as soon as you get it and move on.

Yea, I am also not sure if the CARB state cars are actually being shipped or will they wait until the CARB EO is published before begin shipment. If the later, then we will likely not get our cars until mid to late March. Might be just as well to avoid all of the cold weather. Still, I would like to have the car sooner rather than later.

Oh please, c'mon now. You've waited 29 months so far and you're going to wilt because of another 7 weeks? If the time frame was one month, then a "few weeks" would be 3. Since the time frame is an entire year, a few weeks fits within 3 months, so end of March is within that measure.

If another few weeks is just too much for you, then by all means sell it as soon as you get it and move on.
I'm pretty sympathetic to how people feel differently about this. I have been *VERY* patiently waiting for this car to show up. Sometime this past December, when there was another round of back and forth of questions, I started having doubts. Everyone is a little different and some are maybe more on the edge of what they can accept.

I'm pretty sympathetic to how people feel differently about this. I have been *VERY* patiently waiting for this car to show up. Sometime this past December, when there was another round of back and forth of questions, I started having doubts. Everyone is a little different and some are maybe more on the edge of what they can accept.
Maybe it's because of my age, but I have a much greater appreciation and awareness of the scope of time now. Friends and family are gone. Most of the places I hung out at and grew up with are gone. Entire city blocks were torn down to the ground and apartments built in their place. I can't even take a cruise down memory lane; it isn't there anymore.

I remember iconic cars, moments in time, races, etc. The Emira is IT. It's the last ICE car Lotus will make. Stellantis has already ended the run of the ICE Alfa Romeo Giulia and dismantled the factory. I still have my 2017 Giulia and it's a keeper. Gorgeous car, inside and out. A joy to drive, even on long trips. So I will have the last ICE Alfa Romeo sports sedan, and the last ICE Lotus sports car.

To me the Emira represents the end of a lifetime of memories, of all the people, places, races I went to, racetracks that are long gone now, etc. After 72 years, 7 weeks is almost nothing.

It's called Fatigue: anticipation fatigue, news fatigue, absence-of-news fatigue, disappointment fatigue.
I've cycled through this so many times that it has muted the excitement.
I'm now seeing someone about my Forum addiction.
Next challenge is dispelling the myth that wanting is better than having.

It's called Fatigue: anticipation fatigue, news fatigue, absence-of-news fatigue, disappointment fatigue.
I've cycled through this so many times that it has muted the excitement.
I'm now seeing someone about my Forum addiction.
Next challenge is dispelling the myth that wanting is better than having.
And fatigue over missed opportunities of the many other cool cars I passed on while waiting with false information on the ever-changing delivery timeline.

Just updated, no Lotus yet.

Eagle7 - 5 delays & counting. I have 0 confidence that I will receive the car in March. What I may have desired 2 years ago may not be the same as now. I've been eyeing a nice touring bike. A bunch friends may do an extended road trip out west this summer. Cali to BC & beyond. It may be the 1st Emira on BaT. Buy the bike and have pocket change. I am not getting any younger & my window to do things like this bike trip is closing.

It is, obviously, a textbook abusive relationship at this point. If Lotus treats NA buyers like this even before money has changed hands, how do you think it’ll go once the car has been delivered and problems pop up?

Yea, I am also not sure if the CARB state cars are actually being shipped or will they wait until the CARB EO is published before begin shipment. If the later, then we will likely not get our cars until mid to late March. Might be just as well to avoid all of the cold weather. Still, I would like to have the car sooner rather than later.
I know that my car (Carb state)is built but still in the UK awaiting to be shipped after carb goes through.
So, yeah if carb doesn't go through until March 13th I'll still be a few more weeks after that.
That's why I'm giving a hard carb deadline of March 15th.
I'm not waiting indefinitely for "soon" to be actualized.

the thought of canceling this close to the finish line sounds like insanity to me.

just a little longer!

I notice a number of dealers posting social media videos and in each one the cars are re-positioned or re-located or rearranged in some manner. So essentially they are getting in our cars, starting them up, and moving them around the lot. I find this a bit frustrating. The delays only make it worse.

Cancelling with actual cars parked at dealership waiting for emission approval, this is insanity for enthusiasts who love a good ol' driver's car. Don't cancel if you are FE 1.0 depositor. You have a 10k "discount", please remember that.
Unless your dealership decides to add a 10-20k markup to bring it in line with "market value"...

3/12 + two weeks for delivery/pdi

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back