• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Each dealer had a choice all through this how they wanted to handle communication to their customers. It was either to handle it themselves using Lotus content or having Lotus USA, thus the difference in communication to buyers. Some dealers are being less informative, some literally copy and paste the Lotus tools and others provide more details. Personally this type of communication strategy was a huge mistake. It should all be funneled through Lotus USA so it's a consistent message. Not sure why they decided to go this path. I'm sure it is something the dealers asked for to be in "more control"... but it in fact has made it seem the opposite. Oh well.

Last edited:
Hilarious. Lotus could poop on you and you'd say thanks.

What happened to wisdom coming with age?
What happened to staying in your lane.? This thread on this forum is for people who want the car and likely made a deposit a while ago. If you want to slam on car enthusiasts try to find something more useful to do with your time.
I don’t go over to the Corvette boards and talk about their Jean shorts.

The perpetual apologists on here calling out people that are upset with the 900th delay are pathetic and lost. Depositors are going on 2 years from when cars were promised by Lotus. Give me a break.

The good news is, it looks like cars are going to be available for more than just depositors once they can be sold. For those interested in FE 1.0 cars, call some dealers. You might be pleasantly surprised.

View attachment 36728
I'm good with pattern recognition.

Dude pops on here awhile back to say that because cars are listed on Autotrader that their are tons of cancelled cars, not realizing automated inventory is a far better answer.

Then pops on here with a singular unproven comment from a different forum as proof that their are lots of cancelled cars that you can get for even below MSRP.

He's just a troll who posts inaccurate and unfounded stuff to rile people up.

I agree with the text, but the photo...meh. I don't buy it.
John4C is one of the most respected members of the 4C community. What he is saying is true, and makes total sense if you leave the echo chamber. Not a troll, just speaking the truth.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 8.31.00 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 8.31.00 AM.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 8.30.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 8.30.16 AM.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 8.29.58 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-03 at 8.29.58 AM.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 151
John4C is one of the most respected members of the 4C community. What he is saying is true, and makes total sense if you leave the echo chamber. Not a troll, just speaking the truth.
There is certainly a point to this gentleman on the 4c forums. I think the biggest one was dealers let thier buddy’s get the first allocations as they were hoping to flip the car for overs. Early last year everyone realized the flipper market is done. So there is now a balancing act from dealers, trying to still say there is demand, which there most likely is, even when the first cars get sold, and getting their “friends” out of the cars that cannot be flipped for profit.

Every area is different and demand will be different, but from what I can see the wait list is pretty much finished. New demand will be from non enthusiasts that see the Emira driving on the road or from other customers looking at Eletre. In the end, Lotus isn’t looking to sell 10k Emiras in North America. Even 3K is an absolute ridiculous success if they can hit it! So with that, once all this carb nonsense is wrapped up, the cayman going electric next year and current production dwindling down there will be some enthusiasts that want to upgrade from their older manual sports cars and find the Emira. Think of all the C7, 911 and other manual drivers? And yes I think a 991.1 or 997 manual owner will look at the Emira. Prices of non base manual 911’s are double the price almost of what they were 10 years ago. Where the Emira is still in that price point that will attract the 100k sports car buyer away from the C8.

Simply put, there was competition 5 years ago vs the Evora… next year if you want a manual sports car that isn’t a 150k 911 what are you buying?

Just ask @NicolasB - the options are not plentiful like they once were (sorry to bring you in on this haha)

While we can all have our opinions, his may be right, mine may be right, but a few calls to some Lotus dealerships can solve that. If you think they are going to drop below MSRP in the next 6 months I need some of what you are smoking.

The perpetual apologists on here calling out people that are upset with the 900th delay are pathetic and lost. Depositors are going on 2 years from when cars were promised by Lotus. Give me a break.

The good news is, it looks like cars are going to be available for more than just depositors once they can be sold. For those interested in FE 1.0 cars, call some dealers. You might be pleasantly surprised.

View attachment 36728

I think all of us are tired of the wait. If y’all can get an FE 1.0 @ old msrp or old msrp minus 2k or new msrp minus 2k, do it, join us in our wait! There’s also no need to try and aggravate a bunch of strangers on the internet — pretty sure we’ve all got better things to do.

Complaining about the Emira delays will not speed up its delivery. Each of us can choose what to do: wait (perhaps impatiently) or move on to a different vehicle. Simple as that. I choose to wait.

But I'm a "glass-half-full" person and expect with the Emira, the "juice will be worth the squeeze". But that's just one person's opinion. While waiting for what is (after all) a vehicle, there's a lot of other things in life more worthy of focus IMO.

In my area and talking to car enthusiasts, there's still plenty of interest in the Emira, due to its mid-engine set-up and it being one of the last ICE vehicles available with a manual transmission. The Lotus dealerships in my area still have wait lists. Time will tell if the Emira becomes a sought-after sport car (electrification or other forms of propulsion? younger generation having zero interest in a stick? the cost of fuel skyrocketing encouraged by environmental concerns?) and until then, it's all just speculation. The nice thing is we all have choices and can decide where to spend our hard earned money.

4c is also even more niche then Lotus, I really put 0 faith in whatever this person says. And I am not a Lotus fan boy by any stretch. I have tried to get out of my deposit but was told I wouldn't get my 10k+ back. I would be the first to agree that they would be going under msrp. But I have also talked to multiple dealers who have orders upon orders for these cars, and STILL taking deposits and STILL sending them to Lotus.

People will react differently to disappointment. Why is not okay for some to vent? Just accept it.
Yes they do, including me. It certainly is okay for some to vent, but it's the endless venting over the same things over and over again that gets tiresome. So if I occasionally vent about others venting, that's okay too... is it not? Just accept it indeed.

You think we are tired of the wait. Think of the poor Lotus sales guy who has years of Draw to cover and will only cancel that debt out once these things sell. That guys REALLY can't wait for CARB.

Got my gift in the mail and it's a very nice gesture!! I'm excited to read the book. Plus the key chain is pretty cool and the hat will get some use. It's beyond what I expected. I'm not upset over delays and they have my good will. Too many issues will change that however....

Yes they do, including me. It certainly is okay for some to vent, but it's the endless venting over the same things over and over again that gets tiresome. So if I occasionally vent about others venting, that's okay too... is it not? Just accept it indeed.
It’s tiresome only if you read it. There is the option not to. But your right to comment. You be you.

Visited my Nimbus Gray Emira today. PPF has been applied on front. Ready to drive away….hopefully soon. My dealer has 13 cars waiting.

Attachments

• IMG_1789.jpeg
    IMG_1789.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1792.jpeg
    IMG_1792.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_1795.jpeg
    IMG_1795.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 133

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back