• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

It’s tiresome only if you read it. There is the option not to. But your right to comment. You be you.
I read fast, so at a quick glance it's hard not to read something that's been posted.

What happened to staying in your lane.? This thread on this forum is for people who want the car and likely made a deposit a while ago. If you want to slam on car enthusiasts try to find something more useful to do with your time.
I don’t go over to the Corvette boards and talk about their Jean shorts.
@Hell4Leather thank goodness as I don't have jean shorts, white socks, or new balances .... or the display that says my car is 1 or xxx with certain specs :-0

In December, there was a flurry of activity regarding boats coming into Baltimore.
Seems to be pretty quiet lately regarding cars arriving stateside.
Does anyone know if there is still movement regarding arriving cars?
Curious if deliveries stopped after December. It would make sense to get as many sales as possible into 2023.

In December, there was a flurry of activity regarding boats coming into Baltimore.
Curious if deliveries stopped after December. It would make sense to get as many sales as possible into 2023.
I believe we won't see anymore till carb passes. Then ALL the carb state boats will ship.

There's still new cars arriving on boats. Just ask @Porter.

Well, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence! My 911T was well on its way for a mid Feb delivery in NorCal, currently just past the Panama Canal. It seems all 911s will be held at port until March-April while the replace some chip in the ECU...

Pic attached of similar spec.

IMG_4745.jpeg

I believe we won't see anymore till carb passes. Then ALL the carb state boats will ship.
Lotus official coms mentioned staging the cars at B'more while waiting for CARB approval. I am hoping they start shipping the CARB state cars while the CARB EO publication is imminent.

Lotus official coms mentioned staging the cars at B'more while waiting for CARB approval. I am hoping they start shipping the CARB state cars while the CARB EO publication is imminent.
"Imminent" = "very soon" = "soon" = "not today". Happy for my car to stay put (likely in Norfolk) until the start flag drops.

Well, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence! My 911T was well on its way for a mid Feb delivery in NorCal, currently just past the Panama Canal. It seems all 911s will be held at port until March-April while the replace some chip in the ECU..
You mean to tell me you received communication about your car while it was in transit? How much did that cost you? Did you bribe a local Stuttgart resident to find classified Porsche documents? Perhaps a “donation” to your local port/mafia connection? No, no, that’s not it, you must moonlight as an international spy?

Oh, Porsche told you, so you weren’t left to speculation and rumors. What a strange way to transact with a car company. Where’s the fun in that?!
😆

You mean to tell me you received communication about your car while it was in transit? How much did that cost you? Did you bribe a local Stuttgart resident to find classified Porsche documents? Perhaps a “donation” to your local port/mafia connection? No, no, that’s not it, you must moonlight as an international spy?

Oh, Porsche told you, so you weren’t left to speculation and rumors. What a strange way to transact with a car company. Where’s the fun in that?!
😆
The difference is that Porsche likely has an in house team while Lotus hired a millennial run boutique PR company with a know it all attitude.

Did anybody (besides me) with the galpin deposit cancel their order with the 20K DMU?

Did anybody (besides me) with the galpin deposit cancel their order with the 20K DMU?
Is it just me or is Galpin the worst dealer in terms of communication? They never call you back or respond to emails. Even when you go to the dealership they ignore you. I have never seen a dealership act this way. There is no way I’m buying from them.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back