• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

The common denominator is dealerships suck, and its up to complete chance if you get someone who is helpful, or a response at all. I didn't even email EuroCar directly, I went through Lotus's reservation website, and I guess I got assigned to them automatically based on my zip code.

Yep, that's fair, and disappointing. This whole process is just infuriating. I'm fine with waiting, but this extra element of unpredictability is the worst.
Agreed. Could not be more turned off.

The fact is that for both Galpin and Eurocar, Lotus is an extremely small percentage of their business. They sell a lot more of their other brands and make greater margins on their other brands. Not trying to make excuses for them, but it kind of makes sense from a business standpoint that the Lotus customers aren’t their highest priority. Maybe that will change if they start moving a lot of Lotus EV’s.

I hope thats not a customers car at the cars and coffee without permission. what would have been cool is if they called the owner up and had them drive it there with the dealer tags...

I hope thats not a customers car at the cars and coffee without permission. what would have been cool is if they called the owner up and had them drive it there with the dealer tags...
Theyve definitely gotten their demos at this point they have like 100 on the lot, so I'd think it's their demos but who knows, fingers crossed. At least there wasn't a DV so I don't need to worry 😂

Hello. I'm new to the forum, have been reading several of these posts and learning of the CARB delays, etc with these cars. I very recently placed my deposit for an Emira that's currently sitting on the lot at a dealership in a non-CARB state. They've been very good (so far) about getting me up to speed with the latest regarding the CARB certfication, new approval window dates, etc. via texts and email. I had been communicating with someone in their finance dept. making arrangements for PPF/ceramic. For what it's worth I did receive a brief email update yesterday from the same individual stating they have just received formal 'Lotus Lease and Retail Programs' for the month of February with regard to the Emira which is something that had not happened until now. I replied to this individual stating that is sounds as though Lotus is could be anticipating February deliveries and the response I received was.. "My thoughts exactly". This could mean absolutely nothing but at least it gives some hope for February deliveries.

Still. Sucks.
Would they have three demos though? However it's possible that one or more customers have backed out, so now they have multiple cars without a committed owner. In that case, I guess it's their call how they treat those cars. I will say, I generally think it's bad form for dealers to bring cars to cars and coffee events. It's supposed to be individuals showing off what they own. But I guess it must help them sell cars...

BOOM

1000030259.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back