• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Any thoughts on Lotus’ announced EV Type 135 as a replacement vehicle for the Emira? Estimated sunrise/sunset production years for both EV and ICE sports cars?
If the Emira was going to be replaced in 2027 with the all electric type 135, I think Lotus would be taking deposits now in 2024. At least that is the model they used with the Emira (started taking deposits in 2021). On another note, my daily CARB website check resulted in the typical scroll of Kia followed by Lucid.... today :(

I decided to check the Lotus US website again today and it says 405hp on this page but not the spec page. Did this change just happen or did I miss this update earlier? Perhaps the cat is out the bag now?

Attachments

• 2024-02-05_21-25-54.png
    2024-02-05_21-25-54.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 174
I decided to check the Lotus US website again today and it says 405hp on this page but not the spec page. Did this change just happen or did I miss this update earlier? Perhaps the cat is out the bag now?
Who knows. Those targets aren’t that accurate anyway; example- The i4 dashes to 60mph in the high 3’s.

There's no firm evidence of that that I've seen.
You can find times with quality equipment out of Asia. 3.7 to 60mph is in line with the Evora GT numbers. Yes different engines and transmission but not surprising they are similar. I didn’t select an i4 because I want a visible engine. Other than that, it’s certainly the performance model.

In my version of a perfect world we would have the Emira as a hybrid similar to the BMW i8 except with the AMG and a smaller more efficient battery pack (one that would fill the giant void between the seat and the engine bay of the i4….just sayin).

Attachments

• IMG_0552.png
    IMG_0552.png
    284.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
You can find times with quality equipment out of Asia. 3.7 to 60mph is in line with the Evora GT numbers. Yes different engines and transmission but not surprising they are similar. I didn’t select an i4 because I want a visible engine. Other than that, it’s certainly the performance model.

In my version of a perfect world we would have the Emira as a hybrid similar to the BMW i8 except with the AMG and a smaller more efficient battery pack (one that would fill the giant void between the seat and the engine bay of the i4….just sayin).
Right but that's a 400hp variant of the AMG I4, a car that's available nowhere other than China, to my knowledge. The UK, EU, and future US versions of that car are 360hp and had reportedly frustrating slow shifting issues in journalist testing.

I don't know what Lotus is playing at, but it doesn't seem that a "good version" of the I4 is yet planned for the Rest-of-World (outside China).

Nothing here yet, fed ex my deliver is showing nada.

Right but that's a 400hp variant of the AMG I4, a car that's available nowhere other than China, to my knowledge. The UK, EU, and future US versions of that car are 360hp and had reportedly frustrating slow shifting issues in journalist testing.

I don't know what Lotus is playing at, but it doesn't seem that a "good version" of the I4 is yet planned for the Rest-of-World (outside China).
I did not know that. That pisses me off more than a little. I get that China and the US hate each other but if this is a step-child game they’re playing at, I’ll save another bonus check and get a damn McLaren. I don’t want a McLaren but I’m not going to get played either. It’s a lot of money to feel like second tier.

I did not know that. That pisses me off...
I don't suppose that Lotus knew their China 400hp I4 tune wouldn't pass CARB? Methinks that if anyone wants the I4/DCT setup, you'll have no shortage of aftermarket tunes that well exceed 400hp.

No dog in the fight, looking forward to a V6M.

I know members have been posting this already, but came home to a little surprise today. I wasn't expecting it as I didn't hear anything about it from Lotus or my dealer. It kind of reinvigorated the excitement about the car, especially with mine being built this month I was told. The gift made it feel a bit more real, although we're all waiting on CARB regardless. Looking forward to seeing the first Emiras on the road once CARB is cleared.

Attachments

• Lotus Gift.jpg
    Lotus Gift.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 59

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back